Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Professor gives lecture about Kesha

Lecture will focus on Kesha

Texas A&M University-Texarkana and the Program for Learning and Community Engagement will hold an open lecture titled "Kesha is a Joke: #MeToo and Kesha" on Thursday. The discussion will be led by Associate Professor of English Dr. Doug Julien and will take place from 1 to 2:15 p.m. in Room 247 of the Building for Academic and Student Services. The lecture is free and open to the public and light refreshments will be served.

PLACE is a faculty-led program designed to create a community of learners comprised of A&M-Texarkana students, faculty, staff and the community at large. PLACE chooses an annual theme around which to organize a lecture series and other activities that provide focal points for learning and discussion. This year's theme is "Gender Issues."

For more information, contact Dr. Angie Sikorski, PLACE chair, at [email protected] and visit the PLACE website at tamut.edu/PLACE.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/texarkana/story/2019/may/01/lecture-will-focus-kesha/776726/

1 minute ago, idrk said:

so is the lecture gonna drag Kesha ? fall1

Either that or the opposite (analyzing why Kesha was seen as a joke among certain (male?) parts of the population) fall1

Someone has to go there and find out

1 minute ago, TomTom said:

Either that or the opposite (analyzing why Kesha was seen as a joke among certain (male?) parts of the population) fall1

Someone has to go there and find out

calling your lecture Kesha is a joke is the only real jokecry7

Just now, TomTom said:

I mean, I hope so fall1

Imagine if it isn't rip4

I swear if they say Kesha is lying about her allegations because of her obviously forced confession tape that her lawyer told her to dooprah9 

1 hour ago, idrk said:

does anyone live in Texasdead2

I do and nobody's going to willingly go to that hillbilly cousin fucking backwards town Texarkana. lmfao1 However, judging by the program and the lecture series description, it won't be a Kesha dragging session dd dead2 

47 minutes ago, Divine said:

I do and nobody's going to willingly go to that hillbilly cousin fucking backwards town Texarkana. lmfao1

Mess rip4

6 hours ago, LuranusLur said:

she is not a joke to me she is one of the reasons of Metoo and makes music to help people 

I don't think she stated the #metoo movement. It may have happened anyway without her 4 year long fight

On 5/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, Chris Morlock said:

I don't think she stated the #metoo movement. It may have happened anyway without her 4 year long fight

They said one of the reasons, and I'd definitely attribute her as one of the reasons. She had one of the biggest, most public cases in recent times. 

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

They said one of the reasons, and I'd definitely attribute her as one of the reasons. She had one of the biggest, most public cases in recent times. 

Was it really that public? brit14

15 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Was it really that public? brit14

I mean, it was a huge on-going news story for a very long time fall1  Like everybody knew about it, especially because of #FreeKesha going so viral. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.