Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone more desperate for a #1

This needs to be called out! It’s so desperate and sad how hard Taylor is trying for a #1. The amount of money being poured left and right is enough to rescue a 3rd world country. How fucking shameful that the music industry is aligning to get this forced #1. I hope it fails miserably. I hate forced shit like this. She really is bringing out a truck load of strategies to do everything in her power to nab it . Shame on her. Shame on radio. Shame on Spotify. Shame on YouTube. Shame on Billboard. Artists should not be allowed to cheat the system like this. Money should not be able to buy you a #1 hit. Period. ny8 

31 minutes ago, fab said:

Are we forgetting how Ed Sheeran released 10 different versions and 5 music videos for Perfect? eve1 

Perfect would’ve gone to #1 anyway without the remix. All the remix did was accelerate it to #1 faster. The song was already in the Top 5 when the Beyoncé version came along. It would’ve eventually hit #1 due to strong radio airplay during the holiday freeze. Hence why Beyonce was discredited from the final week at #1, because the regular version took over. Nonetheless, nobody said that was okay either oprah14 

I think Agu's mind has been taken over as the sis is spilling actual tea. 

The song isn't that awful, but it's the over promotion that's really bothering me. As i've said already, there's promoting you're music, but then there's brainwashing the public to buy a trash song just so you can get a non-deserved number 1. All of Taylor's #1's so far have been deserveable as the singles were great pop songs, but this awful cheesy basic single doesn't deserve to chart in the top 40, never mind at #1. 

She's outdone Ninki this time with her desperation for a #1. And i know the Taylor fans (Who on the most part are very respectable individuals of society) will down-vote me, but it's not me fault they're falling for the record company's trap. 

53 minutes ago, fab said:

Are we forgetting how Ed Sheeran released 10 different versions and 5 music videos for Perfect? eve1 

But that doesn't excuse what Taylor is doing. Two wrongs don't make a right. Plus Ed was very popular at that point, Taylor's popularity is not what it was in 2017, never mind 2014! Her core market have all moved on from corny cheesy childish music. 

I really hope this single doesn't reflect the album as a whole. 

Some of the promo has been a bit extra but it’s nothing some of the other faves wouldn’t do/haven’t done. More to the point, there was never a really tenable scenario in which the first single from this album wouldn’t go #1. oprah14

If you have the money to advertise like crazy, that’s your choice um2 

Disney has billions of dollars so they’re able to slap a new film on every form of media everywhere for months. Why can’t an artist do the same for something they’ve worked hard for with the budget they’ve earned over a decade’s success? um2 

Y’all need to take a basic business course um2 

"If you have the money..."

Y'all know that this is the reason we have the annoying orange sitting in the oval office and the most unqualified cunt as secretary of education. jj1 

This shouldn't be a matter of money but of popularity and how well-received your song is. This song is literally getting shit reviews and it has been dropping on all platforms ever since its release. Hitlor's shady tricks are the only reason this piece of trash of a song will eventually hit #1 (for a week) and then drop like crazy because nobody will be streaming that trash.

4 hours ago, Madonna said:

"If you have the money..."

Y'all know that this is the reason we have the annoying orange sitting in the oval office and the most unqualified cunt as secretary of education. jj1 

This shouldn't be a matter of money but of popularity and how well-received your song is. This song is literally getting shit reviews and it has been dropping on all platforms ever since its release. Hitlor's shady tricks are the only reason this piece of trash of a song will eventually hit #1 (for a week) and then drop like crazy because nobody will be streaming that trash.

You know running an entire country and releasing a cute, catchy tune are two VERY different things, right? um3 

You do realize you can spend millions in advertising on something but it doesn’t mean people will buy it? Happens to movies all the time. bey4

But it’s hard to explain anything to a nutty conspiracy theorist who compares Taylor Swift to Hitler. Logic doesn’t apply to some. brit7

15 hours ago, fab said:

mess. did he? dead1 i only heard the one with bey cry9

The gag is that she was most likely going to go #2 anyway, even without half of these gimmicks nnn. Like, all these physicals and shit could've been used to give the song a bit more longevity on the charts later down the line bebe1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.