Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Kylie Minogue | New Album Rumors

2 hours ago, ajp said:

Also, this may be an unpopular opinion but here goes...

Reveal hidden contents

I want her to go back to having at least one cover tune on KM15

Should be a cover of a really unknown song so she can make it known. It worked for On a Night Like This hshsdhhshh bebe1

3 minutes ago, Golden said:

Should be a cover of a really unknown song so she can make it known. It worked for On a Night Like This hshsdhhshh bebe1

She needs to start the hunt. kylie4

3 hours ago, ajp said:

Also, this may be an unpopular opinion but here goes...

Reveal hidden contents

I want her to go back to having at least one cover tune on KM15

Tea kylie6 Honestly her cover of Under the Influence of Love slayed and is pretty underappreciated bey1

1 hour ago, Aidan. said:

Ok this song would not work for her as a cover but the sound throughout the song bar the intro is the direction I think of kylie4

I would stan a cover of Rasputin from her (or any Boney M song tbh) kylie11

Just now, Aidan. said:

I love Boney M cry7

I just need SOMEONE to bring back the energy of the disco era gaga1

Boney M, Donna, Chic, ABBA, Giorgio Moroder, Sylvester, the Village People... someone has to channel their powers and bring it the fuck back. Is that too much for one gay to ask for?

13 minutes ago, Light Years said:

I just need SOMEONE to bring back the energy of the disco era gaga1

Boney M, Donna, Chic, ABBA, Giorgio Moroder, Sylvester, the Village People... someone has to channel their powers and bring it the fuck back. Is that too much for one gay to ask for?

#Kyliesavedisco2020 gaga1

All these pop girls promising “Disco”, but none have been successful in reinterpreting that era. Maybe, Kylie will be The One.mp3 sia1

Over at SH, THP mentioned in a post about her touring, that once December is over, she will be hanging up her Summer Hits Tour Hat to focus on the recording studio. If everything works well, there could be an album out by end of 2020, but she and her team aren’t rushing it - so it looks like Spring 2021 is more like it. 

cheer1

Just like “Golden”, Kylie hit her sweet spot going to Nashville. She is planning on using the skills she learned from those studio sessions and bring them to KM15 (minus the Country Sound). 

Also, she may do the odd Festival in 2020... but not to read into it as a KM15 Tour.

Kylie promises fans a new album in 2020

001249a5-800.jpg

Updated / Monday, 23 Dec 2019 10:08

Kylie Minogue

Kylie Minogue has given her fans an ideal Christmas present by revealing that she will begin working on her next album in the New Year.

The pop superstar enjoyed a hugely successful 2019, which included a world tour and a triumphant performance at Glastonbury in the legends slot.

The latter came 14 years after she was forced to pull out of the festival to undergo treatment for breast cancer.

Minogue, whose most recent album Golden arrived in 2018, is already looking to the future and will begin working on her next record imminently - after she has had time for a rest.

She said: "Yes, a rest will definitely do me the world of good! After that I'll mostly be writing and prepping for the next album.

"It's been such an inspiring year and I think that both me and my audience are ready for some new music. Let's see where the journey takes us next!"

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/1223/1102771-kylie-promises-fans-a-new-album-in-2020/

Thanks @Robi

1 minute ago, Ruthless Love said:

I'm dying for a new album; Golden was beautiful, and I am low-key hoping she gets inspired by Body Language for the next one.

Rumour is that she wants to go “Disco” but that is really hard to translate. I’m curious on who she has lined-up for the studio sessions...that may give us fans a clue as to direction. nat1

Kylie Minogue is giving The Gays (™) everything they want for Christmas. Last year the living legend famously played with her sound by incorporating a little country twang into her traditionally frothy floor-fillers on Golden. However, it looks like she plans to return to familiar territory for her eagerly anticipated follow-up. In an interview with The Guardian, the “Dancing” hitmaker offered up a tantalizing hint about the sonics of a new project. And it sounds very, very promising. “I’m really jazzed about [the music] to come,” she teased.

How would she describe the sound? This is where it gets doubly exciting. “I think it’s going to be getting back on the dancefloor, like grown-up disco; that’s where I want it to be,” Kylie explained. She also offered up an adjective that summarize what she’s going for – “Shimmery.” Sign me up! Other highlights from the interview include discussion of the diva’s historic set at Glastonbury earlier this year. She also chats with interviewer Alan Carr about holiday plans and reveals whether she plays her own music at parties. 

All that is exciting, but the best news is that Kylie has another project on the horizon. With any luck, we’ll hear some of it as we move into the new year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.