Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Shawn Mendes | Wonder | December 4, 2020

Well, now that his new single “If I Can’t Have You” is out and smashing, rumour is swirling  about his next move... In an interview with Zane Lowe for Beats 1, Shawn told Zane that IICHY was one of 45 songs already recorded over the last 6 months, and the one that he felt strongly about every time he played it for friends and family:

Mendes noted to Zane Lowe on Apple Music that he wants to continue to grow as an artist, and one way to do this is to try different types of music styles and further his exploration of all the angles he can use to craft a song.

The singer and songwriter said of “If I Can’t Have You” that “it’s a confident pop record and it’s clear that for me.”

He also noted that he has written 45 songs over the past six months and despite trying new sounds, he will always be proud to be a pop singer. It is the genre he feels most comfortable with and that has brought him the most success.

Shawn will be performing this song tomorrow on SNL as part of the musical guest segments. alex1

His last album was announced 4 weeks after “In My Blood” was released, so expect the album announcement to happen in June (with a possible release in September)

Edit: September 30, 2020 - New Era has begun with Shawn tweeting one word “Wonder”:

Now we know that “If I Can’t Have You” or “Señorita” won’t be on “Wonder” as they were included  on the Deluxe Edition of “Shawn Mendes”

New Tweet - Album out December 4, 2020 yas1

Puzzle? http://www.whatiswonder.com

cover artwork:

SharedImage-109468.png?t=2e958ad01c6c548
Album will have 14 Tracks - 13 new songs plus an intro track (1:02)

Edit: October 2, 2020 - First Single “Wonder”

I love this! It gives me that 90s dance vibe, while having a modern sound. Is this Shawn now serving gay bops?

If a female had released it everyone would be hopping on their dicks about it.  

3 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I love this! It gives me that 90s dance vibe, while having a modern sound. Is this Shawn now serving gay bops?

If a female had realised it everyone would be hopping on their dicks about it. 

Yeah! I can see Ariana or Kelly Clarkson singing this. demi1

He’s taking baby steps away from just him and his guitar. Excited to see what he does next. rav3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.