Create A Label: Season 11

hector    30,414

v6Gvqyr.png

HILARY ON THE VIEW | UNITED STATES

Spoiler

Writing her own music
It feels so liberating to write your own music, honestly. I used to sing what other people wrote for me, and it’s not like I am against artists who did it because I did it too but I feel it’s more fulfilling not only as an artist but also as a human becaus writing music is a way to cope with a lot of things. I have found in writing a lot of comfort, a lot of peace because I get my thoughts into music and it’s a way for me to liberate that.. You know what I mean? I just love writing music and I’m so happy to be in the position where I can say I do write everything and that Republic Records is letting me do it. This is the first time I’m going to fully write an album so it’s also nerve-wrecking, I haven’t done this before but hopefully it isn’t bad [laughs] I’m super excited about Spellbound and I cannot wait to show everyone what I’m doing. 

On Spellbound and it’s meaning
Spellbound is basically about a girl that loves this dude that only has been bad news for her. It’s about that love that we know it’s bad and we still hold onto it as if we wer eunder a spell, that’s what I wanted to write about and that’s what the album and the song is about. It’s about love and comprehending that you don’t have to love someone just for the sake of wanting to be loved back when that sometimes don’t even happen. I wrote this song about my divorce from Luca’s dad, I thought that this was a great way for me to just take this anger out and turn it into music. Even though, I’m not even mad at him [laughs] I just thought that it was a great idea to write about personal stuff to connect with more people, give the song a more meaningful feeling. I want to let everyone know that the song is out on Caltube and Encore! Please stream it there and I’ll love you forever [laughs]

On Encore and Connect
Oh God, I’m so new at this [laughs] but I’m not that old, by the way! I’m still getting the hang of uploading music as an artist on Encore since I’m independent. I always use Encore though, this is basically my get-go place when I want to listen to music and I do think it’s fantastic. Luca and I use it every single day so it’s crazy to see that my music is now on that amazing platform. I don’t use Connect that much, I have always been that kind of private girl that don’t want to overshare but I also want to overshare! [Laughs] it’s so weird. But I am indeed going to use it because I also found that it’s the best way to interact with fans and I love doing that. I’m going to use it more I swear [laughs] so I wanna say to everyone that yes, you can follow me there and expect some goofy stuff from me and obviously Luca [laughs] 

Performance of “Spellbound”

As the interview ended, Hilary would take the stage and perform Spellbound. The song, was completely live, Hilary didn’t use the instrumental for the background as the band would play it for her. She’d be walking around the stage delivering vocals and overall a very enjoyable stage presence. Hilary would then end the performance by singing the chorus twice and going to where the background singers where standing, do it with them and smile to the crowd as the song was over. The hosts would come to the stage and congratulate Hilary for the performance and remind everyone to follow her on Encore & Connect and also stream the song.

Michael.    37,195

todayshow1lqkpn.jpg

Tinashe | Today Show

Spoiler

There's no doubt that Tinashe has had an extraordinarily successful year with 'Rewind' last year, the singer has sold nearly 2 million albums with her debut despite the pop star disappearing from the music scene for more than a year. Her fans, however, are still there to support their favourite singer as they went completely crazy on social media last week when the singer announced the cover and title of her brand new single '6ix Shots'.

Tinashe appeared on the Today Show this morning to discuss her career and pop star status before delivering a performance of her single '6ix Shots' on the show.

What has changed ever since you've put out an album?

I wanted to finally have a full body of work out there, that was my main goal with 'Rewind' last year. I also hoped that album would gain me some respect and I think it did even though people are still learning to know more about my artistry but so far I'm pretty positive about what I've achieved and I assume that people know who I am and where I want to go musically speaking now. I definitely wanted to be a mainstream force too even though as time went by it became less and less important to me. Therefore yeah, releasing an album definitely gave me the exposure I needed.

What has been the greatest aspect of being a pop star since you started this journey?

The part when you get to perform because it allows you to connect with the people who have been supporting your music for so long so it's great that you can not only express yourself on stage through your music but you also get to see the fans enjoy the moment as much as you are. I'm looking forward to perform like crazy with this era so I can experience that even more.

When you're in the studio, is the creative process sometimes a struggle?

There are definitely times when I just can't write or think of anything so it's important in those times to take a break both spiritually and mentally because the creative process is not something that can be forced.

Is this new single of yours something you've been wanting to release for a long time?

In reality, this song was created at the last minute and therefore I didn't think it was going to be the lead single as we already had other songs ready at the time that we wanted to release so it wasn't my first option. Although when we finished writing this song, it just sounded right so I submitted it to my label and they told me I should release it and that's what I did. It all happened so quickly.

After the interview, Tinashe gave a performance of '6ix Shots' on the show which you can purchase right now.

Edu    2,703
6 hours ago, hector said:

Its a sign 

DJLZ0NtVAAE724l.jpg

hector    30,414
On 7/14/2019 at 5:46 PM, Ronlop said:

Hilary Duff

Hide contents

— The Voice USA 

— SMAPxSMAP

— Jimmy Fallon

@Ronlop i was going to make hilary's the voice US article but i then saw in the calendar that frank has it? so what can i do

Robert.    12,553
9 hours ago, Ronlop said:

@hector Brendon will recieve 3 negative updates in total if the purpose of the cross won't be explained.

Max rn in hell heaven:

Bildergebnis für disney evil witch laughing gif

hector    30,414

OAD8pib.png

HILARY DUFF AT ON AIR WITH RYAN SEACREST | UNITED STATES

Spoiler

Making a comeback to the music industry
Well, I always had plans of coming back, release music once again! I love making music, but I wouldn’t call myself a regular Pop star becasue if you look at my career I haven’t done something, major,  like for example Britney Spears. But it’s fine, I’ve always been comfortable with the way I have handled my career and I know that my fans enjoy it too. I do want to switch things up and try different things, making Country is definitely one of those goals that I have for myself as an artist and I can already checked it out of it [laughs] but I’m super happy and I think that I’m in the right direction with my music. Also, the music industry has changed so much since the time I started to release music, it’s insane! You could buy a record and that was practically all you needed to do to listen to your favourite song and now, you can just listen to it on Encore. It’s so insane and I hope that my music and even I as an artist adapt to those changes. 

If she’d ever dive into acting again
That’s something I have indeed thought about in the past. I was actually going to star in a major movie that is in the works right now but I decided to take a break from that and focus on music because I think I have neglected music for far too long [laughs] and I owe it to my fans. But yeah, I’d be 100% into any kind of acting work because I did start as an actress in this industry before doing music and all the other stuff that I do now. You know what, I would love to work in a show like Jane The Virgin [laughs] I think that would be something cool! I love Comedy and I’m so obsessed with that show right now. I love the way this is basically a telenovela but at the same time an American show. But, now that I think about it, I would like to do somehting different when it comes to acting since I’ve always done comedic parts, maybe in a TV Drama like Dynasty!?! That wold be.. Incredible.

Releasing Spellbound 
Yeah! I just released a song called Spellbound and it’s the first taste of what’s to come for my new album by the same name. I worked on this song with Ali Payami, Max Martin, Shellback and I also had a little input in the production of the song because now that I do have the freedom to actually do whatever I want with my music, I wanted to try different aspects of recording instead of like.. Just going to the studio and get my vocals done. This was actually the first song I wrote for this album and it felt right to name it like this because this album is all about love, heartbreak, illusion, just like I sing on this track. I wanted to also give my fans something to listen to until the time for my album to come out arrives and I didn’t want them to wait for too long. If you haven’t listened to the song yet you can go to Encore and find it on Todays Top Hits and also the audio version on Caltube!

Ronlop    6,746
2 hours ago, hector said:

@Ronlop i was going to make hilary's the voice US article but i then saw in the calendar that frank has it? so what can i do

Oh mess I saw that now. Since it was already paid, you both get to have the slot.