Create A Label: Season 11

Love So Soft    1,977

Kelly-and-Ryan.png

Kelly Visits Live with Kelly & Ryan | Free | United States

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. This past January, she released her best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Today, Kelly stopped by Live with Kelly and Ryan to promote and perform the new single, “Do You Still Think of Me?”, and to talk about her plans for the new era going forward.

“Do You Still Think of Me?”
I have not been this excited about a song in a really long time, honestly. The whole song came from this idea of those moments when you look back on some relationships and missing them and the memories associated with them despite the relationship being flawed or ending on a bad or wrong note. I think it is a message that many can relate to as well. The lyrics themselves are very nostalgic and reflect as they mention specific memories and instances, and I wanted the music to also go along with that. So that’s one of the reasons it sounds so influenced by the 80s. I worked with Greg Kurstin on producing this track, and, like the whole album it’s from, I wanted it to sound like a song that played on the radio in the 80s. I also wanted it to sound fresh and not dated either, though. So we went through a couple drafts to kind of balance all that out, and then we finally landed somewhere I really liked. I’m really proud of this one!

Upcoming Album
We’re still finishing some things up with the album, and I really can’t say much about it at this point because we’re still working on it. But I do want the fans to know that an album is coming, and it will be released sometime later this year! Right now, we’re just really focusing on this first single, and we’re gonna work our way up to the album. I want to really just give this lead single a moment and give people time to get into the flow of this new era. It’s all a plan, and I’m excited to roll it all out for the fans! We’re going to be doing some special things with the music video as well, which I am excited to be filming here soon. I can’t wait for everything to come out, though. I really feel this is my best body of work so far!

Inspiration for “Do You Still Think of Me?”
The inspiration for this new song, and a lot of the new album, comes a lot from Pat Benatar. I have always loved her, and I loved what she did for females in rock especially in the 80s. She was a trail blazer. It was all about the men then, and she stepped on to the scene with a powerful and commanding image that made everyone realize a woman could do rock music! But she also blended that with the sounds of 80s pop and brought in the grandeur and, sort of, event-factor of pop music into the rock landscape. Sonically, her song, “Love is a Battlefield”, really was the song I was playing for producers and everyone working on this song and the album to be like, “This is kind of the sound we’re going for.” It all is inspired by the 80s and I harkens back to that whole era in its image as well.

After the interview, Kelly performed the new single, “Do You Still Think of Me?” as well.

Love So Soft    1,977

Z100.png

Kelly Goes on Air with Z100 | Free | United States

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. This past January, she released her best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Today, Kelly stopped Z100 New York to promote the new single, “Do You Still Think of Me?”, and to talk about her plans for the new era going forward.

Her Long-Awaited Comeback
It has been a while, hasn’t it? [Laughs] I have a cover story coming up with Complex magazine later this month which will talk about it more, but honestly it all just comes down to the fact that I put a lot of pressure on myself to try to release something after the mismanagement of the ANALOG record. I felt like I was letting the fans down with the way that album was handled by my management, and as a result, I got lost in trying to force music out. I have never worked that way. I have always just wrote and worked when I felt inspired to, and I lost sight of that for a moment. However, once I stepped back and gave myself time away from the spotlight to just live normally and without expectations, the music eventually came. Now, I’ve come back with perspective, vision, and a determination for this new single, “Do You Still Think of Me?”, as well as for the upcoming album. We’re looking to take this new song all around the world, so be on the lookout!

“Do You Still Think of Me?”
“Do You Still Think of Me?” is a song that came to me rather quickly. Like most of this album, it came together really fast and I knew right away that I wanted it to be the lead single. The song, I think, perfectly describes that feeling of missing an old relationship. Yes, that relationship may have ended wrong, but there’s always that one relationship, at least in my experience, where the bad ending doesn’t negate the good things and good memories that took place with that relationship. On a production side, I really enjoyed getting to delve into the sound of the 80s. I told Greg Kurstin just to go all out on it and make it as much like a record you’d hear in the 80s as possible. I wanted it to still sound fresh, though, and not like a clone of something or someone else’s songs, so we ended up going for a balance of the 80s sound and a modern edge. 

Who She is Listening to
I am LOVING Mariah’s new album, obviously. That’s no surprise, though. I really love anything she does. Always have, always will! Another artist I am absolutely loving is Katy Perry! I loved her first album and this new one, Atlantis, is just on another level. It’s so amazing seeing artists take off like that. I mean, she came out of the gate smashing, and she just keeps hitting new highs, and I feel like her music itself is doing the same. Love, love, love “Golden Apple”! One of my favorites released this year for sure! I’m also really enjoying Frank Ocean’s new stuff. I think it’s really neat seeing so many new faces and also familiar ones popping up all throughout the charts. It’s like all mixing together really nicely. Award season is going to be so much fun because we will all get to see each other again! Which is about the only time I get time to see others in the industry.

Mr. Mendes    2,577

HUMAN: THE WORLD TOUR - OFFICIAL TRAILER

Shawn Mendes uploaded an official trailer for the upcoming HUMAN: THE WORLD TOUR. The trailer features footage that has been captured of Shawn over the last year, mostly from stops on Florence Welch's The Garden Tour, but also from his own Beautiful Scars Tour and even as far back as his stint opening for Halsey last year. The footage from all three tours are compiled together to create a clear and unique view of Shawn's connection to his audience when he performs. The trailer comes hours after the announcement of additional dates for the tour. The trailer was officially uploaded to his CALTube channel early Tuesday, August 20. 

Jon.    8,065

promo20v4jd1.png
variety: netflix x mariah on several projects

Jon.    8,065

promo21zxkp2.png
lost in a mirage documentary trailer airs

Ronlop    6,651

vgYKtgY.png

CAL Twitter Update 20.8.19

#MariahCarey #Netflix

6c441717e3a0c07fc07c03353ef13f18.jpg

Good morning my loves! I just wanted to tell all of you how grateful I am for all of the success we’ve received with ‘Paradise’ so far. I am really excited to be releasing ‘Island of Love’ and look forward to sharing all of these new projects with you. Make sure to stay tuned for my episode of ‘Love Island’ and the ‘Paradise’ music video next weekend. Now the reason I am recording this is because I heard some of you wanted to come up with a fanbase name. So I decided I wanted to hear your input. Comment any of your ideas below and then I’ll make a decision once we find one that fits. Love you!

CAL Business    178

Image result for billboard logo

mQIlfdz.png

Mariah Carey Has Signed a $22m Deal with Netflix to Develop 2 Documentaries and a Mini-Series

It's official! Mariah Carey is the first artist to sign a millions-worth creator deal with the famous streaming service, Netflix to develop two documentaries and a mini-series, slated for this October (Album documentary)  and 2020.

According to our sources, Mariah Carey approached Netflix last month with a request to develop the projects for a range of $90m-$120m. "They denied it right away at first", our sources tells us, "Mainly due to Mariah's last directing & acting debut for "Playing The Mind Game" which under-performed both critically and and in the box office.  They also thought the price of the deal that was offered was absurd, especially for a relatively new creator who hasn't proved herself in the field yet."

tVqM4QA.png

The turning point was Carey supposedly meeting Spenecer Neumann, CFO of Netflix, through a mutal friend and convincing him to pull the right strings in order for the deal to occur. "[Netflix] agreed in the end on a $22m final deal for two documentaries & a pilot for the mini-series to be filmed. Mariah's 2018 Super Bowl documentary which turned out to be a success was also brought up in the final negotiation for the creator deal."

Image result for spencer neumann

Mariah's contractual deal with Netflix obligates her to complete the two projects and the pilot for the mini-series with and is prohibited to sign any music specials, documentaries, TV or film until the projects ore completed. 

This deal marks an important milestone in Carey's lengthy career from a singer-songwriter, director & actress to a certified creator at Netflix with a promising future ahead. 

Liam    15,974

p0ZIItc.jpg

Sorry to bother you guys! We are currently opening nominations for the ninth FOTP Members Awards. As you guys are a big part of the community we would like to welcome you guys to join in. Nominations close on the 24th August, 11:59PM Australian Eastern Standard Time. If you have any queries or need assistance do not hesitate to send a private message my way. P.S. browse this thread from time to time and love the work you do so thought it was appropriate to make my own little graphic to show my appreciation.

hector    30,238

@Ronlop
Xwwqr28.png

since everyone tags u when they reply to connect comments, lemme do it too!