Create A Label: Season 11

hector    30,282

NUHjB9H.png

KYLIE ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA | USA

Spoiler

On her fanbase  
KYLIE: Oh yeah! I saw one, they call themselves the Humanizers on Caltube [laughs] that’s so cute. I totally thought they were going with a more simple name like Kylers which I thought was cute but I think that Humanizers make sense if you think about it... Because of the song and the EP I guess [laughs] but it’s so nice to see having fans talking about my music and what they expect to hear in the future with it too. But here’s the thing, I don’t want them to focus on one thing, because I know that because I’m doing this type of genre right now with these kind of lyrics they’ll want me to stick with this forever and I do not want to do that. I want to evolve as an artist and not do the same every single time I release something. I have planned on releasing a Pop and R&B album later on, two albums with two different genres. I don’t want them to put me in a box because that’s not who I am, I wanna do a lot of stuff, I wanna try a lot of stuff. This sound is not what I’m going to do for the rest of my life.

Humanize’s sudden success 
KYLIE: It’s super surprising though, to see the song being top 10 around the world on iTunes on it’s second week, I’m very much aware that when I released this not many people liked me or understood the song so I wasn’t expecting nothing with this so when I got the news that it was top 10 I was like, so surprised and so happy at the same time because this means everything. Humanize wasn’t meant to become a hit, it wasn’t crafted to be a huge hit or anything like that, I just went to the studio and did what I wanted to do and nothing else. Flume understood that and he gave me his weirdest production ever [laughs] and I totally digged it and we recorded Humanize. When Republic heard the song they weren’t 100% convinced that this would be a great lead since the sound is not commercial at all and that wasn’t the best thing to have considering my past stuff underperforming and Warner not being happy about it but they believed in my project and in me so we went to Warner. They were hesitant too about it but it was nice to see them get hyped too. The song is going places I never imagined! So cool to see.

Working with Maluma
KYLIE: It was a dream come true because I’ve always been such a huge fan of Maluma and his music, so when he approached to me and asked me if he could write something with me I was so shocked and stunned at the idea that I was collaborating with someone like him. So he came to the studio and we started to write Humanize after we had a long, long talk [laughs] I sat there with him and talked about everything that had happened to me behind the scenes and how I was feeling at the moment and he was so, so supportive. I love having him around in the studio because he did made me feel comfortable in there and helped me write amazing lyrics. He’s such an underrated songwriter.. Actually he was doing music for himself too in the studio [laughs] I loved hearing that and I’m sure his fans will love it. Now, he only wrote with me Humanize but I hope that there’s more in store for both of us, I really liked working with him and I’d love to do it again. Stream Humanize on Encore! [Laughs]

PERFORMS HUMANIZE

When the interview ends, Kylie would take the stage to perform her single Humanize. She’d be introduced by the hosts from the show and then you’d see the stage, it was on the set next to where she had the interview and you could see the fans in the street from the big windows where Kylie would be performing the track acoustically facing the fans who would be singing with her too. She’d stay in the stool all the performance as this one was to showcase her vocal delivery and emotion than anything else and then when the performance ends the hosts remind everyone to purchase Humanize and to stream it on both Encore and Caltube.

Michael.    37,184

sukkiri2prk77.jpg

Tinashe | Sukkiri (Japan)

Spoiler

With the release of 'Kachingwe', Tinashe is more than prepared for stardom as she delivers what seems to be the best work of her career. And if we talk success, she's not lacking in that department either, in fact the singer is still at the top of charts this week with her new era and the success couldn't be more deserved.

Check out her interview on Sukkiri in Japan.

INTERVIEW:

What was it like working with new big producers who all have their own vision?

I had to find the balance between the total creative freedom that I've been used to, and the needs of a major label. But it wasn't a pain in the ass, every producer is definitely a different process though, just depending on how they are as a person and what type of music they produce, but there's one producer in particular which is Kuk Harrell who is like a really sweet guy and he was extremely understanding of what I was going for, one of my favourite ones to work with for sure.

How did that affect the outcome, your vision that you had for the album?

I still had control over the album regardless of the fact that everyone had their opinions and we were all able to share them, I think the production is a lot better, everything is clean and tight. But aside from that, essence wise, I think I really did keep true to the stuff that I created with my mixtapes except for a few songs that to me it just feels like a progression, a little bit of a growth, but it all still comes from the same place.

There are several songs that all talk about different topics, what was the inspiration behind "Kachingwe"?

I wanted it to come from a genuine place of inspiration, if that’s even possible because obviously inspiration is based on your life experiences and the things you go through so yeah, there are several songs about breakups for example but they all come in different forms if that makes sense because I can talk about feeling lonely but also feeling unapologetic about a relationship that went wrong and sometimes I express sad emotions through uptempo party songs, it's the different sides of me.

How different is 'Rewind' compared to the body of work you have created now?

To me, It is like an upgraded version of my song-writing skills first of all. I feel like I’ve grown a lot, and that’s reflected through the lyrics. Sonically speaking, I feel like I wanted to be more free and set no restrictions to myself which is something that I did put on myself when I was working on my debut album last year. I felt like I had to fit in a box and that I couldn't do it any other way, but I experimented more when it comes to my sound with this album and I don't regret it!

Tinashe then gave a performance of '6ix Shots' and 'Dive And Fall' on the show.

Tinashe's new album 'Kachingwe' is available on iTunes right now: itunes.co/Kachingwe

You can also stream it on Encore: Encore.co/Kachingwe

Michael.    37,184

jimmykimmellive2afjsr.jpg

Tinashe | Jimmy Kimmel Live! (United States)

Spoiler

This week has been a wild one for Tinashe and that still might be an understatement to describe how crazy her week has been, with the fresh release of her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and her hit single '6ix Shots' climbing on the charts, it seems like the pop star is winning and it was about time for her to make a proper comeback after all this time.

Currently in the US, the singer appeared once again on American screens for a special interview and performance on -- Jimmy Kimmel Live!

INTERVIEW:

Your album is out and all the fans who have been waiting for it all this time have expressed their thoughts on it and they seem to love it. How does it feel to finally get to see their reaction?

I put a lot of effort, time, passion and energy into this project so when you put that much into it, you hope that people get something out of it and to have such positive feedback from your supporters is something I've been hoping for. That's all really, I think people could see that it was coming from a really genuine place and that I worked really hard on it, and I did put a lot of passion into it. And I think that resonates with people.

What were your influences growing up and did they influence your album?

Growing up, I listened to a lot of R&B like Janet Jackson but I also love Hip-Hop, and then as well I listen to a lot of pop music so I think it's cool to have a lot of different musical influences and then to be able to pick the things I like about each one of those genres and have a sound that is a mix of all of these. Therefore yeah, I do think my musical taste influences my music and this album in particular.

Do you mind comparisons with other artists, especially when you first came onto the scene and the public didn't know anything about you?

Honestly, I understand where comparisons come from and particularly with new artists that people aren't familiar with, I think they need some sort of reference and that's understandable. But as time goes by, I assume they'll get to know who I am and see me as the artist that I am, they'll see me as my own individual and they'll see that artistic identity through this album more than ever.

What's your favorite lyric you wrote on this album?

Mhm, something that I wrote… Off the top of my head, I'd say "You can't turn back the hands of time but baby it doesn't matter, my heart's designed to break" which is from "Designed To Break", track 6 on the album. It's funny because I had doubts about whether I wanted this song to make the cut or not, because I didn't like it that much at first but it eventually grew on me and ended up being one of my favourites.

You perform a lot, especially earlier this year when you opened for Frank Ocean's tour which was your second time going on tour as an opening act. Did it make you want to go on tour on your own?

Yeah, obviously I'd love to. He's an artist I really admire and I got to not only perform but to see his show and to learn a lot about his techniques, how he interacts with the audience, how he goes from song to song…  Each show was different and it was most definitely a great but also a learning experience.

And now he's featured on your album

Ain't that crazy, right? Who would have thought, plus he's featured on one of the highlights of the album and he also delivered a special touch on the song that only he can give. He's forever part of the track, and I can't see or hear the song without him.

Tinashe then gave a performance of '6ix Shots' and 'Dive And Fall' on the show.

Tinashe's new album 'Kachingwe' is available on iTunes right now: itunes.co/Kachingwe

You can also stream it on Encore: Encore.co/Kachingwe

ryjapo    3,300

nx9d7eU.jpg

FLORENCE / AURORA - AURORA BEAUTY CLASS EVENT W/ KYLIE

Edu    2,696

Edu    2,696