Create A Label: Season 11

Edu    2,695

crMHpbp.jpg

Ronlop    6,682

Belinda Pays $30m To EBU

BELINDA LOSES LAWSUIT

X2XsjLR.png

Belinda performed last Saturday two songs during the interval at Saturday's Eurovision Song Contest. 
The performance started with two disco balls landing on stage with Belinda coming out of them. The performance then continued a reveal of the Trans flag on the screens and two male dancers representing Russia & Hungary (each painted by their country's flag).   Later on, her husband Maluma joined on stage for a special performance for their hit Fuego reproduced as a disco banger. 

The use of the Hungarian & Russian flag caused an outrage online from certain groups who felt like their nation & values were disrespected and were represented in a degrading way.

The European Broadcasting Union, which co-produced the contest alongside Israel's national broadcaster, sued Belinda for a total of $30m for breaching their contract. They told CNN moments after the performance took place: "This element of the performance was not cleared with the EBU and the Host Broadcaster, KAN. The Eurovision Song Contest is a non-political event and Belinda has signed a contract which does not include the use of the Russian & Hungarian flag" 

SOHZ2kk.png

According to our sources, Belinda lost the lawsuit and will indeed pay $30m to EBU for breaching the contract with them. EBU did not confirm the news but did mention the following: "Those who do not follow their contracts should not be surprised when sanctions are pulled against them. We will no longer be working with Belinda and her team."

Ronlop    6,682

Connect folowers boost is only stable after the week sales are in! 

If you see the Connect followers jumped all of a sudden in the middle of the week, it's followers that are based on buzz and will die down quickly. Don't give them much value.

Jon.    8,068

hector    30,271

Jon.    8,068

connectpost816jie.png

hector    30,271

9E39Y0U.png

belinda on on air with ryan seacrest | united states

Spoiler

Working with Mirwais and Stuart Price
It has always been a dream to me because they have crafted my favourite Pop songs.. And also, they have worked with Madonna! She’s my inspiration. I really look up to her so having the chance to work in a song with the same people that were involved in albums like “Ray of Light”, “Confessions on the Dancefloor” and “American Life” is just so incredible and I really feel I’m just dreaming. The idea of working with them came out when I was thinking of making music, I was listening to Madonna’s “Confessions” which was the album that made me feel like I should go ahead with this and I contacted Republic Records to see if we could do this and they said they would try. I won’t lie and say it was easy because they are like, top notch producers and it was a battle to get them [laughs] but I did it in the end and I’m glad that they could join. They worked with me in basically all of the album, “Rendezvous” is the first taste of what we did and I’m happy everyone’s loving it. 

IOn “Rendezvous” and it’s streaming streak
Yeah! I saw that, I was so amazed to see the song doing incredible on Encore. I’m mind-blown by that. Thirty one million streams on is first update was so crazy, so so crazy. I didn’t expect the song to be such a huge hit for me on Encore after how my career was before doing this but I’m just over the moon. This would be the first time I have a full body of work on Encore that is actually released in the streaming era [laughs] my previous albums have like, two streams [laughs] but it’s because I released those albums way before Encore existed. I saw that “Kingdom” was the biggest one and that makes me happy since it was my debut album and it’s nice to see people loving your debut album that much. I’m working on bettering that, you know, the streaming thing, up my game and introduce myself into this new part of the music industry. I want to adapt to the times. Oh God, I sound like I debuted in the 60s or something [laughs]. Thank you to everyone who’s streaming this song. Keep doing it on Todays Top Hits!

If she’s planning to tour this era
Definitely, this is something I’ve been wanting to do for a really long time. No more residencies, I learned from that mistake [laughs] I swear. Even though I did think about going in another residency in Las Vegas because it really fit with my mommy schedule and I could be with Ronaldo all the time but I want to go the extra mile this time around and like, go around the world. I really miss touring, I miss going to a lot of countries, sing with my fans, I miss that rush. Ronaldo is going to stay with my mom [laughs] when that happens. Right now he’s with Maluma and his mom, they are taking care of him while I do this! I’m blessed to have an incredible and understanding family that supports me like this. They know how much this means to me, music is my life and my passion, and I’m really excited to be back.

hector    30,271

8OKBDuP.png

belinda on kiss fm | united states

Spoiler

If there’s going to be collaborations on the album
That’s actually a good question.. Many people have asked me that and I honestly don’t know. Mostly because right now I’m working on this album by myself and with my producers, nothing else basically. But the idea of bringing collaborations to this album has indeed crossed my mind and I do have some artists in mind that I would give a call to be on the album if they would want to. You know, I’ve been thinking about asking Katy Perry to be on the album because I have to say that “Disco Fling” was one of my favourite songs from last year and she would definitely fit into this album perfectly. Now that I think about it, Katy has definitely been also an inspiration for this new album because of her sound. I love her. I love her new song too! [Laughs] I would also love to see a collaboration in my album with... Frank Ocean! He’s a babe. I love him. God, I love everyone! [Laughs] But yeah, I love his music and lately I have had the chance of meeting him and talk since him and Maluma are good friends and been hanging out a lot these days. I would love to see Madonna on it.  She’d be amazing. 

On “Rendezvous”
I started working on this song way back.. I think, if I’m not wrong, in 2018. I was working in an album around that time and I wanted to be completely different than what I’m doing right now. I found the demos I had, and I listened to Rendezvous and was completely in love with it once again and that’s when I pitched it to Mirwais and Stuart Price who helped me work on the song as producers. I loved working with them because they really understood what I wanted to do with this album and this song. If you read the lyrics without the beat, you would see that the song is kinda sad, and I didn’t want that to be the song. Like, have that vibe and they brought this to life. They made this song my favourite I’ve ever released. Thank God everyone’s thinking like that too [laughs] I’ve seen everyone has been streaming this song like crazy on Encore and on Caltube. Keep streaming guys!!

On finally coming back 
Oh... I’ve been wanting to do this for a very long time. I can’t even count with my two hands how many albums I worked on that ended up being released for many reasons that I don’t want to talk about right now but yeah, I wanted to come back and release an album for a very long time. Now my life is in the right direction, I’m in a good place and I though this was the time to release new music and to be fully back because I also know that my fans were waiting patiently for the new music to drop. Now I want to come in full, you know what I mean? Have a great era with a big tour which I miss doing, and many incredible videos and performances. I want people to know that I’m here to stay and that I don’t plan on slowing down. That’s why “Secrets” is going to be a very ambitious work for me and I hope everything goes amazingly.

hector    30,271

au1pvvK.png

belinda on elvis duran | united states

Spoiler

If she wants to work with Maluma again
Oh I would love to work with Maluma again, we had a great time working in songs together. They might hate me for saying this, but we had a collaboration with Mariah Carey ready to be released a couple of months ago [laughs] it was a really cool song and it was so, so sexy. What happened? I don’t really remember, I think that everything fell through because I just knew about my pregnancy and Mariah was also busy recording and doing her album so it was like, just left to th side. I would love to see the song be released actually but I don’t know if it’s a good timing considering Mariah’s still working on her new album and Maluma’s in another deal [laughs] and I’m working in a Disco album.. That song doesn’t fit on any of our records so I don’t know. But anyways, I do work with Maluma in songs a lot, he has helped me write some songs that haven’t been released. I don’t know if it’ll happen again but I would love to.  

Having a playlist on Encore + her streaming success
iI love having a playlist on Encore mainly because that means I can share with my fans my favourite songs and what I want them to listen to. You know, like, what I want to share with them and they discover new music too which has been the case a lot of times. I’m thankful with Encore and for them letting me have my playlist and have this incredible way of sharing music with a lot of people. My playlist is called “Tear Up the Dancefloor” and I named it like that mostly because it fits my new era [laughs] and I want people to have a great time when they follow the playlist and give it a listen. Right now I have my song there so go stream it! [Laughs] There’s also Frank, Katy, Maluma and many more incredible artists. I don’t know if I would call myself a streaming artist because I don’t have much music released on Encore, but it was amazing to see Rendezvous debut with over 30 million streams, that made me so happy.

On the Rendezvous lyric video 
[Laughs] I just love this, this was actually my directional debut. I wanted this video to portray the song and to capture the essence of it too. I had such an incredible time filming this on G.A.Y which is a Gay club in London that I loved to death when I went a few years ago. The owner was really kind and let me film this lyric video there. I wanted this to feel like a movie, that’s why the caption is placed where it is and how it’s done [laughs]. I’m that extra, I know, but I loved it. This guy that’s on the video does incredible pole dance, like literally, my jaw dropped when I saw him on Connect and I DM’d him immediately to know if he would love to be on the lyric video. His name is Ronald Selvi and you can find him like that on Connect. He texted me once thanking me for the opportunity because the video reached 10 million views not long ago and it helped his career like crazy.

Edu    2,695

Lindsay has replied to LittleBlossomAndy under her last Connect post @Ronlop

hector    30,271

maluma commented on mariah's post dragging insidecrap btw