Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

ME! is (will be) the biggest Hot 100 debut of 2019

The final predictions have it at 680 points (though it will easily do 700+ since he’s lowballing the physicals a lot) which makes ME! the biggest Hot 100 debut of the year points-wise, and of the last 7-8 months. What this means is that ME! would’ve debuted at #1 in any week since last summer but is getting blocked because OTR is one of the biggest hits points-wise ever hay1 (the previous biggest debut was 7 rings with 608 points per Simon’s final estimation)

People can drag her all they want for getting blocked but she still has the strongest debut of the year despite her alleged “fading power” kylie5

3 minutes ago, fab said:

here for a last minute formula change to secure her that #1 yas2 

This guy is lowballing her physical sales by like a lot, he got these points assuming she did 30k and he didn’t even factor in the fact that every order comes with a digital download and many people ordered multiple physicals at once... so we may not need a formula change for that #1! kylie5 

I still think she’s getting blocked though  

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This guy is lowballing her physical sales by like a lot, he got these points assuming she did 30k and he didn’t even factor in the fact that every order comes with a digital download and many people ordered multiple physicals at once... so we may not need a formula change for that #1! kylie5 

I still think she’s getting blocked though  

omg if it actually happens giveup1 

Taylor has been very unlucky in terms of missing #1 on several occasions: 

IDWLF being blocked by Shape Of You, I Knew You Were Trouble charting at #2 despite selling 582K (!!!) at its peak, You Belong With Me being blocked by I Gotta Feeling, Mine missing a likely #1 debut due to being leaked early, etc. brit15   

Looks like ME! will join that list  brit15

1 hour ago, Madame X said:

Didn't debute at 100? dead4

It’s a radio debut jj1 her radio numbers were so big that she debuted early (like how LWYMMD and WANEGBT debuted in the 70s too because of it)

This week is her sales/streaming debut, even though she charted last week.

58 minutes ago, fab said:

Taylor has been very unlucky in terms of missing #1 on several occasions: 

IDWLF being blocked by Shape Of You, I Knew You Were Trouble charting at #2 despite selling 582K (!!!) at its peak, You Belong With Me being blocked by I Gotta Feeling, Mine missing a likely #1 debut due to being leaked early, etc. brit15   

Looks like ME! will join that list  brit15

Yeah most of her #2s have been blocked by some of the biggest hits of the decade brit15 

All the ones you listed, and Mine would’ve easily gone #1 had it gotten a full sales week and not 3 days dead2 I-

Blank Space also had to compete with Uptown Skunk, whereas it would’ve spent 10+ weeks at #1 if the song it competed with wasn’t that strong, especially if it was on Spotify. SIO also had to compete with AATB. ME! will now compete with OTR and that new JB/Ed song which will obliterate everyone rip2 (though I’ll be happy if ME! just stays top 5 for a while and doesn’t plummet)

I can't see this not being #1 tbh. kylie10 Those sales figures don't feel right, especially given how many crazy unique formats the track is available in. ( eve1) Even without it literally saturating the market, Billboard I feel like normally has a very good sense of where these big releases will end up and they allude to it in subtle ways. All of that has clearly signaled "#1" over the past week. I'm not saying they'll pull a formula change (though I wouldn't put it past them ari11), but I doubt they'll need to.

1 hour ago, Satori said:

I can't see this not being #1 tbh. kylie10 Those sales figures don't feel right, especially given how many crazy unique formats the track is available in. ( eve1) Even without it literally saturating the market, Billboard I feel like normally has a very good sense of where these big releases will end up and they allude to it in subtle ways. All of that has clearly signaled "#1" over the past week. I'm not saying they'll pull a formula change (though I wouldn't put it past them ari11), but I doubt they'll need to.

Yeah he’s really lowballing her physical sales when she’s doing at least double of what he’s predicted (30k, will be 60k+) + he’s overestimating OTR’s points as usual ari11 

But like I’ve said I’m still preparing for her to be blocked. Hoping she pulls through tho! mad1 

2 minutes ago, Jae said:

The amount of power that she holds though tay3 

Biggest debut of the year even with a song like ME!... whew tay3  

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.