Jump to content

ME! is (will be) the biggest Hot 100 debut of 2019

Recommended Posts

Lover    178,850

The final predictions have it at 680 points (though it will easily do 700+ since he’s lowballing the physicals a lot) which makes ME! the biggest Hot 100 debut of the year points-wise, and of the last 7-8 months. What this means is that ME! would’ve debuted at #1 in any week since last summer but is getting blocked because OTR is one of the biggest hits points-wise ever hay1 (the previous biggest debut was 7 rings with 608 points per Simon’s final estimation)

 

People can drag her all they want for getting blocked but she still has the strongest debut of the year despite her alleged “fading power” kylie5

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fab    12,665

here for a last minute formula change to secure her that #1 yas2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lover    178,850
1 minute ago, Luca said:

TAYBS fotp-bbmasgif.gif.a01e4830c7ac844d3db885f53cab9873.gif

 

Taylor and Ariana having the biggest debuts of 2019 and Gaga getting a #1... gays won this year! #2gay19 kylie5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lover    178,850
3 minutes ago, fab said:

here for a last minute formula change to secure her that #1 yas2 

This guy is lowballing her physical sales by like a lot, he got these points assuming she did 30k and he didn’t even factor in the fact that every order comes with a digital download and many people ordered multiple physicals at once... so we may not need a formula change for that #1! kylie5 

I still think she’s getting blocked though  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fab    12,665
14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This guy is lowballing her physical sales by like a lot, he got these points assuming she did 30k and he didn’t even factor in the fact that every order comes with a digital download and many people ordered multiple physicals at once... so we may not need a formula change for that #1! kylie5 

I still think she’s getting blocked though  

omg if it actually happens giveup1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fab    12,665
9 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Didn't debute at 100? dead4

no1currs about early radio debuts brit15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fab    12,665

Taylor has been very unlucky in terms of missing #1 on several occasions: 

IDWLF being blocked by Shape Of You, I Knew You Were Trouble charting at #2 despite selling 582K (!!!) at its peak, You Belong With Me being blocked by I Gotta Feeling, Mine missing a likely #1 debut due to being leaked early, etc. brit15   

Looks like ME! will join that list  brit15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lover    178,850
1 hour ago, Madame X said:

Didn't debute at 100? dead4

It’s a radio debut jj1 her radio numbers were so big that she debuted early (like how LWYMMD and WANEGBT debuted in the 70s too because of it)

This week is her sales/streaming debut, even though she charted last week.

58 minutes ago, fab said:

Taylor has been very unlucky in terms of missing #1 on several occasions: 

IDWLF being blocked by Shape Of You, I Knew You Were Trouble charting at #2 despite selling 582K (!!!) at its peak, You Belong With Me being blocked by I Gotta Feeling, Mine missing a likely #1 debut due to being leaked early, etc. brit15   

Looks like ME! will join that list  brit15

Yeah most of her #2s have been blocked by some of the biggest hits of the decade brit15 

All the ones you listed, and Mine would’ve easily gone #1 had it gotten a full sales week and not 3 days dead2 I-

Blank Space also had to compete with Uptown Skunk, whereas it would’ve spent 10+ weeks at #1 if the song it competed with wasn’t that strong, especially if it was on Spotify. SIO also had to compete with AATB. ME! will now compete with OTR and that new JB/Ed song which will obliterate everyone rip2 (though I’ll be happy if ME! just stays top 5 for a while and doesn’t plummet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satori    4,093

I can't see this not being #1 tbh. kylie10 Those sales figures don't feel right, especially given how many crazy unique formats the track is available in. ( eve1) Even without it literally saturating the market, Billboard I feel like normally has a very good sense of where these big releases will end up and they allude to it in subtle ways. All of that has clearly signaled "#1" over the past week. I'm not saying they'll pull a formula change (though I wouldn't put it past them ari11), but I doubt they'll need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
attitude    834

The fact that trash meme is #1 dead1 Billboard is a complete joke these days. No credibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jae    23,435

The amount of power that she holds though tay3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lover    178,850
1 hour ago, Satori said:

I can't see this not being #1 tbh. kylie10 Those sales figures don't feel right, especially given how many crazy unique formats the track is available in. ( eve1) Even without it literally saturating the market, Billboard I feel like normally has a very good sense of where these big releases will end up and they allude to it in subtle ways. All of that has clearly signaled "#1" over the past week. I'm not saying they'll pull a formula change (though I wouldn't put it past them ari11), but I doubt they'll need to.

Yeah he’s really lowballing her physical sales when she’s doing at least double of what he’s predicted (30k, will be 60k+) + he’s overestimating OTR’s points as usual ari11 

But like I’ve said I’m still preparing for her to be blocked. Hoping she pulls through tho! mad1 

2 minutes ago, Jae said:

The amount of power that she holds though tay3 

Biggest debut of the year even with a song like ME!... whew tay3  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Winnie.    18,579

Top 2 and she IS number 2 clap3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arya    8,557
2 hours ago, Winnie. said:

Top 2 and she IS number 2 clap3 

Don't you have some creative writing to do babe? bebe1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Winnie.    18,579
1 hour ago, Arya said:

Don't you have some creative writing to do babe? bebe1

Paper due in 2 hours and I haven’t started bebe1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hylia    82,639
8 hours ago, Taylor said:

Uptown Skunk,

Wait rip3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arya    8,557
4 hours ago, Winnie. said:

Paper due in 2 hours and I haven’t started bebe1

Then get to work bitch.mp3 bebe1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×