Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

Royal baby: Duke and Duchess of Sussex name their son Archie

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have named their newborn son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. Introducing him to the cameras earlier in the day, Meghan said: "He has the sweetest temperament, he's really calm. He's been the dream." As they laughed, Prince Harry said: "I don't know who he gets that from." The announcement came after the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh met their eighth and newest great-grandchild for the first time at Windsor Castle.

By deciding to call their son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, Harry and Meghan have chosen not to use a title for their first born. As the first born son of a duke, Archie could have become Earl of Dumbarton - one of Harry's subsidiary titles - or have been Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, but instead he will simply be Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond said it was a "strong indication that they don't want to bring him up as a formal 'royal'".

Talking about their first few days as parents, Meghan said: "It's magic, it's pretty amazing. I have the two best guys in the world so I'm really happy." The duke added: "It's great. Parenting is amazing. "It's only been two and a half days, three days, but we're just so thrilled to have our own little bundle of joy."

Source: BBC

Related: Watch Prince Harry and Meghan present their newborn son

Cute name. I guess since he will never be King, it really doesn’t matter what name he has. First full day and already the most famous Archie. oprah14

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.