Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Reliable Source: Fajita Oral-B buys £1.5m mansion for her parents.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7013117/Rita-Ora-buys-1-5m-mansion-parents-native-Kosovo.html

She was revealed as one of Britain's richest young musicians this week, racking up an £18m fortune according to The Sunday Times Rich List.

And Rita Ora is said to have dropped some of her hard earned cash on a lavish house for her parents in her native Kosovo.

According to The Sun, the Hot Right Now singer, 28, has splashed out on a £1.5m property in a luxury development in the county's capital, Pristina.

The star's mother Vera shared a photo of the beautiful home to her Instagram and wrote: 'Home is where the heart is.

'Even though we live in London it is so important for us and our children and future generations to be able to visit our home town Pristina.'     

An source told the website: 'Rita's whole family have contributed to her success and she wants more than anything to give back to them and make sure they live a comfortable life.

'She is eternally grateful that they gave her a chance in life by escaping Kosovo during the political uprising and is delighted they are able to lay roots back there.'

Lavish: The star's mother Vera shared a photo of the beautiful home to her Instagram and wrote: 'Home is where the heart is'

+6
  •  

Lavish: The star's mother Vera shared a photo of the beautiful home to her Instagram and wrote: 'Home is where the heart is'

MailOnline has contacted Rita's representatives for comment. 

This isn't the first time Rita has gifted her parents a property, She revealed in 2014 that she had given her six bedroom North London house to her parents after spending £1.3 million on the abode.    

Rita previously revealed her reasons for giving away her home, telling Free Radio: 'I think I've ended up giving the house to my parents, actually. They need it more than me. I'm never really in one place.

'I'm back to square one but at least my parents have a place.'   

Rita has previously spoken about owing everything to her parents, who came to the UK as refugees from Kosovo.

hey scrimped and saved so Rita could attend Sylvia Young theatre school as a teen but she nearly blew it all by partying and not taking her education seriously, all while her mum was battling breast cancer - yet now she is working towards paying them back for their generosity.  

Speaking to the Evening Standard about her childhood, Rita said: 'We lived in Earls Court, on the Old Brompton Road. One room for all four of us, my sister [Elena] annoying me by doing her times tables when I was trying to sleep.’

Her brother Don was born in 1998 and the family upped sticks and moved North to Kensal Rise, when her father purchased the Queen's Arms pub in Kilburn. 

According to the paper, Rita's parents worked hard to make ends meet, with her mother studying medicine during the day and working as a waitress by night; she now works as an NHS psychiatrist.  

Rita later attended the prestigious Sylvia Young Theatre School.

Her first forays into singing involved performing in her father's pub. It was around this time, when Rita was 15, that her mother was struck with breast cancer. Rita stopped going to school to support her mother, who made a full recovery.

After a few cameos on Craig David, Tinchy Stryder and James Morrison's songs, Rita hit the big time - and it's all thanks to a certain hip hop star.  

Jay-Z was introduced to a young Ora through her manager, Sarah Stennett, who also counts Ellie Goulding, Jessie J and Conor Maynard among his roster of talent. 

She was signed to the music mogul's label Roc Nation within 48 hours of her landing stateside in December 2009.

After hiding away in a recording studio in New York to perfect her vocals, Rita was unveiled to the world in 2012 singing on R.I.P featuring Tinie Tempah; the song immediately went to number one.

More smash hits followed, including How We Do, Shine Ya Light and Radioactive, as well as festival appearances and UK tours.

Her talents were recognised when she was nominated for three awards at the 2013 BRIT Awards, including the BRIT Award for British Breakthrough Act.   

How the heck has she managed to get a fortune of £18M. brit15

she may not be that popular in the music world, but she's a top tier deal maker. being the face adidas, getting on america's next top model and various other things really paid off for her

1 hour ago, Jake said:

she may not be that popular in the music world, but she's a top tier deal maker. being the face adidas, getting on america's next top model and various other things really paid off for her

She’s an A list celebrity in UK also - she was a judge in UK X Factor and like you said multiple other opportunities solidified her position as a great deal maker 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.