Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

'Madame X' dominating Apple Music before its release. Why?

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

It's not dominating, it's doing just as expected. Only delusional fans would think Madonna is going to have a colossal flop or something.

Though, I think AM is kinda irrelevant in Europe ari9 

I didn’t expect to enter the top 50 on any streaming platform. Let alone top 15 in the UK/Italy/Mexico/Spain/Brazil/Poland top 20 in Germany etc before its’ release. brit15

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

Too bad it's gonna be the worst album she ever released. oprah9 

I don't know who asked her to rip off a combined mesh of the Electra Heart and Allie X concepts for a randomly latin spin-off of American Life but I wanna have a talk with them rih7

18 minutes ago, Venom said:

I don't know who asked her to rip off a combined mesh of the Electra Heart and Allie X concepts for a randomly latin spin-off of American Life but I wanna have a talk with them rih7

Ummmm oprah12 I'm PRETTY SURE these two aren't even on her radar but okay.

Just now, Madonna said:

Ummmm oprah12 I'm PRETTY SURE these two aren't even on her radar but okay.

Allie X was part of a writing camp for Rebel Heart and wrote rejects for Rihanna, Katy, etc. Marina also had like 2 moderately recognized songs in the UK off Electra Heart, and the gays worship that album (I mean like Twitter relevant gays, not ones rotting away here for pop girls that don't want to make music) creep1

Allie's whole thing (at least in 2015) was that she left Allie Hughes behind to wipe the slate clean as Allie X and the X in her name represents the unknown variable in algebra or whatever and she can be anything. Her most recent era, Super Sunset, was kind of a mess but involved her taking up 3 different personas, being the nun, the starlet and the sci-fi girl.

And then with Electra Heart back in 2011-2013, Marina's concept was to travel around the globe while sliding between different 50s female archetypes; Electra Heart is a housewife, a beauty queen, a homewrecker and an idle teen. She was studying on identity at the time, and through songs from her original second album, there were poltical / feminist undertones in some places

5 hours ago, Madonna said:

Too bad it's gonna be the worst album she ever released. oprah9 

There aren't songs like Superstar, B-Day Song, Fucked Up or Some Girls so we're good. oprah9

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.