Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Honey

Disney to take over Hulu!

Disney will take "full operational control" over Hulu from Comcast, effective immediately, the companies announce.

Comcast also has an agreement to enforce an option to sell its 33% stake in Hulu to Disney in 2024 at a valuation of at least $27.5 billion.

NBCUniversal has reconsidered the pricing of its upcoming streaming service after Disney's announcement that Disney+ will cost $6.99 per month.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/05/14/comcast-has-agreed-to-sell-its-stake-in-hulu-in-5-years.html

undefined

3 minutes ago, Merryem said:

ok...disney needs to chill out before it completes it's monopoly on the entire entertainment industry nicki5 isn't this illegal nicki5 

What constitutes a monopoly is subjective, but I can assure you — in this climate of conservatism’s unabashed last stand, Disney doesn’t fit it. 

5 minutes ago, Merryem said:

ok...disney needs to chill out before it completes it's monopoly on the entire entertainment industry nicki5 isn't this illegal nicki5 

I for one kinda embrace our new media overlords nicki5 and I could be wrongC but it’s not illegal. Monopolies are when there is no other competition for anyone else to go to. There’s still other options, so I don’t think it applies. Could be wrong though!

7 hours ago, Andrew! said:

I for one kinda embrace our new media overlords nicki5 and I could be wrongC but it’s not illegal. Monopolies are when there is no other competition for anyone else to go to. There’s still other options, so I don’t think it applies. Could be wrong though!

i have no idea nicki5 i'm not an economics or business major, but at this rate, disney will easily control over 50% of the market share nicki5 and then there truly won't be competition nicki5 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.