Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

Katy Perry | Never Really Over | May 31st, 2019

Word on the street is that NRO isn’t the lead and it’s just a stand-alone because Katy was inspired by Ariana releasing whenever she felt like it? @Kuba can you confirm or deny these ATROCIOUS allegations? bebe1

9 hours ago, Divine said:

Word on the street is that NRO isn’t the lead and it’s just a stand-alone because Katy was inspired by Ariana releasing whenever she felt like it? @Kuba can you confirm or deny these ATROCIOUS allegations? bebe1

Don't be fooled! This is the same girl that said she's taking a break, going to college and then releases 365, Con Calma and now this. Not to mention that she's worked with like a dozen producers, she'd hardly do that for nothing! Her A&R teased the project as #kp5 and Dagny said that NRO is for her album. One of her radio interviewers also said that she played him "songs" and not just NRO! & she's also supposed to be touring in 2020 if I'm correct? jj2

She's just covering ass in the event that Never Really Over flops. Capitol is giving her the usual lead single push, but they're probably still keeping in mind that she could pull Bon Appétit/Swish Swish numbers. How this single performs will very likely affect the album campaign. If it becomes a hit, they'll probably wrap up the album and aim for an August release. If it flops, they'll probably change the album direction and try again in a few months. I think there was a rumour that they're going for a TD schedule, so the album will most likely get finished once they hear the reception to the first single. And realistically, if she really wanted to do standalones she'd just 365 this. She also seems way too invested in this "love, light" concept & 70s aesthetic for it to mean nothing.

Generic, with the occasional dumb sounding but still stimulating Katy Perry lyrics. If this comes on the radio I’d be so happy, it sounds nostalgic, pure and new for her. Like she actually went through something organically as opposed to forcing the experience. 

So yeah, nothing groundbreaking and it sounds like something that could have been in the Halsey halt but it was still an extremely pleasant listen. Her voice is perfect.

I literally started crying the first time this is so good and takes me back to my simpler HS/college days when life was easy and Katy used to be on top omg I was NOT ready for this

undefined

14 minutes ago, California boy said:

Damn, she sings so fast kylie9

cosifitsreallyoverthenithinkitoverifitsneverreallyguessitsneverreallyoverandifithinkitsoverthenitdoesntmeanitsovermaybeyoullbecomingovercosifitsreallyoverthenithinkitoverifitsneverreallyguessitsneverreallyoverandifithinkitsoverthenitdoesntmeanitsovermaybeyoullbecomingover

tenor.gif 

1 hour ago, Venus XCX said:

cosifitsreallyoverthenithinkitoverifitsneverreallyguessitsneverreallyoverandifithinkitsoverthenitdoesntmeanitsovermaybeyoullbecomingovercosifitsreallyoverthenithinkitoverifitsneverreallyguessitsneverreallyoverandifithinkitsoverthenitdoesntmeanitsovermaybeyoullbecomingover

tenor.gif 

I have to say that NRO has a great replay value katy3

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.