Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hermione

Kylie Jenner to launch skincare line

The youngest self-made billionaire is launching Kylie Skin, out May 22nd.

Kylie Skin products are cruelty-free, gluten-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, vegan, and dermatologist tested. The whole set of six is available for $125, and all individual products are between $20 and 30. Kylie has revealed some ingredients but not the full list, so it is unknown whether the line is fragrance-free or if the moisturizer contains SPF.

Kylie's announcement is catching fire from skincare enthusiasts on social media, due to the line containing a foaming face wash and a walnut scrub. Foaming cleansers contain harsh surfactants that strip the skin of its natural oils, and regular usage of walnut scrubs can create microtears in the skin.

Spoiler

More reactions can be found here.

FOTP, will you be buying? wendy1

My thoughts:

• The packaging is cute, I have to admit. I can see it being really popular on Instagram alongside trendy brands like Glossier and Drunk Elephant.
  • I really hope these products are fragrance-free and that she eventually comes out with a sunscreen. Having a skincare routine without sunscreen is like paying for tuition and textbooks and showing up for class but never doing the homework or studying.
  • Honestly, the prices aren't bad for a higher-end celebrity brand. They're still too high for me and I don't even want to support the Klan's business ventures anyway, but they're great for the market she's in.
  • The foaming face wash and walnut scrub...gurl. I thought we left those in the early 2000s. In this house we stan hydrating cleansers and chemical exfoliants.
  • Eye creams are a scam. Your regular moisturizer is fine to use on your eye area and it's just a sneaky marketing tactic for companies to trick you into buying another product.
  • Most vitamin C serums are highly unstable and have a shelf life of a couple months. I hope this one is formulated with a more stable derivative such as sodium ascorbyl phosphate that won't oxidize quickly.
  • I see a few good ingredients on Instagram such as squalane and sodium hyaluronate. I'm glad that skincare companies are starting to focus more on actual effective ingredients rather than what looks cute. The Ordinary, ha impact!
  • Nothing in this line is intended to target acne, so if you're considering it for that then don't waste your time.
  • Even if Kylie Skin ends up being absolute garbage, it can't be worse than Kendall's ProActiv. lmfao1
2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Even if Kylie Skin ends up being absolute garbage, it can't be worse than Kendall's ProActiv. lmfao1

Kris’ dramatic ass announcement still sends me lmfao2 

17 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Won’t be buying this but I need a skincare routine in general, because I’ve never had one and I need to level up. Let me do some research.

Literally me. I’ve dabbled but never been bothered to carry it on daily moo11 

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

Kris’ dramatic ass announcement still sends me lmfao2 

Before it dropped I thought Kendall was getting ready to tell her #MeToo story or come out of the closet or something. They are SUCH trolls. rip2

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

Won’t be buying this but I need a skincare routine in general, because I’ve never had one and I need to level up. Let me do some research.

CeraVe products are a great place for beginners to start. They are cheap (everything is between $10 and 20 in the US, and the Walmart store brand is literally like $3 no joke), easily accessible (can be found at Target, Walmart, Ulta, CVS, or even just the supermarket), have good ingredients, and the user instructions are extremely easy.

All the average person really needs to do is cleanse, moisturize, and use sunscreen. Anything beyond those 3 steps is to treat a medical or cosmetic issue or just engaging in a hobby, so stick to that small list at first and don't let the rest overwhelm you.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions! And this goes for anyone else reading this. I wanna keep the gays looking cute for as long as possible. legend1

1 hour ago, Venus XCX said:

I didn't know scrubs were bad for your skin sia5 

If you use it like once a week, that's fine. Any more than two or three times a week is a big no-no, and daily as Kylie suggests on her Instagram is blasphemous.The particles in face scrubs are too harsh and abrasive for regular use, whether they are made up of walnut shell, salt, sugar, plastic microbeads, or anything else.

Chemical exfoliants have become popular as an alternative. These include a handful of different acids such as salicylic acid (found in Stridex pads), glycolic acid (found in Pixi Glow Tonic), and lactic acid (found in Sunday Riley Good Genes), each one with its own specific benefits. These are better for you to use in the long run than scrubs, but they should still be used sparingly and knowledgeably since it's really easy to go wrong with them. 

it will be successful cause it's kylie 

about the walnut scrub not alot of people are aware of what it does so people will still buy. I recently discovered St Ives is being sold here on sale, it's so shady to try and get rid of stock by selling it in countries where the awareness has not spread  

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

If you use it like once a week, that's fine. Any more than two or three times a week is a big no-no, and daily as Kylie suggests on her Instagram is blasphemous.The particles in face scrubs are too harsh and abrasive for regular use, whether they are made up of walnut shell, salt, sugar, plastic microbeads, or anything else.

Chemical exfoliants have become popular as an alternative. These include a handful of different acids such as salicylic acid (found in Stridex pads), glycolic acid (found in Pixi Glow Tonic), and lactic acid (found in Sunday Riley Good Genes), each one with its own specific benefits. These are better for you to use in the long run than scrubs, but they should still be used sparingly and knowledgeably since it's really easy to go wrong with them. 

salicylic and lactic acid, or as I like to call them "the nectar of gods" worship1 

6 hours ago, Sylk said:

salicylic and lactic acid, or as I like to call them "the nectar of gods" worship1 

Tea worship1 For me this is probably rosehip oil. After I cleanse at night I just layer hydrators and moisturizers like crazy (snail essence, CeraVe cream, rosehip oil, Vaseline in that order) and it’s helped me more than anything. 

13 hours ago, Hermione said:

Before it dropped I thought Kendall was getting ready to tell her #MeToo story or come out of the closet or something. They are SUCH trolls. rip2

CeraVe products are a great place for beginners to start. They are cheap (everything is between $10 and 20 in the US, and the Walmart store brand is literally like $3 no joke), easily accessible (can be found at Target, Walmart, Ulta, CVS, or even just the supermarket), have good ingredients, and the user instructions are extremely easy.

All the average person really needs to do is cleanse, moisturize, and use sunscreen. Anything beyond those 3 steps is to treat a medical or cosmetic issue or just engaging in a hobby, so stick to that small list at first and don't let the rest overwhelm you.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions! And this goes for anyone else reading this. I wanna keep the gays looking cute for as long as possible. legend1

What would you recommend for acne? I don’t have it as bad as I used to but I feel like since I’m 22, I don’t want to have any at all sia1 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.