Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen | Dedicated Side B | May 21, 2020

In an interview that was just published in Interview Magazine, Cyndi Lauper asks Carly a question, and she let it slip that a “Side B/Part 2” is coming:

nat1

LAUPER: They’re trying to teach you, as opposed to collaborate. You went to Nicaragua. What the hell were you doing in Nicaragua? 

JEPSEN: At least when I’m single, I end up doing braver things than I expect. I was just looking to distract myself. I said yes to an offer at a writers’ camp, which, in theory, I usually hate the idea of a writers’ camp.

LAUPER: Wait. A writers’ camp, in Nicaragua? 

JEPSEN: We were staying in a spot called Maderas Village. It was a little bit of a jungle sanctuary. We had all these little casitas. Inside the casitas were built studios, writing rooms. We would be swimming and chilling during the morning, have some beautiful breakfast, and then we’d go to different assigned studios with new people, absolute strangers, and write songs all day.

LAUPER: Wow, that’s extraordinary.

JEPSEN: It was the best time.

LAUPER: You wrote some of this album there?

JEPSEN: I did. Similarly to other writing camps, at the very end of the last night, everyone goes to the main high casita, with a view of the ocean and everything, and we all get our little cocktails and we sit around and play our songs to each other. I came back with so many new friends from that experience, and I think three or four songs that are either going to be on this album or the one following. 

LAUPER: That’s great. I thought your album was ready to go and done.

JEPSEN: It is, but I have dreams. Ever since I put out a B-side for Emotion, I have a dream of putting out a part two for this album, as well. When you write as many songs as I did, it’s kind of terrifying to only get to share 15. I want to share at least 30.

oprah10

Note: EMOTION Side B came out exactly 1 year after EMOTION came out in N.America. So, I would guess that we will have to wait until a year for the next instalment. Also, we know that Dedicated (the song) didn’t make this album cut. This could mean it may be on Side B/Part 2 or whatever she calls the accompanying EP.

Edit: March 15/20 In a Norwegian Interview, CRJ confirmed that it won’t be called “Side B” . The songs will be mixed this Spring and released shortly afterwards and “Let’s Be Friends” may not be on it - I have edited Thread Title.

Edit: May 6/20 Music Industry tweeter Ultrasubversive, leaked that the album will have 12 tracks:

Edit: May 7/20 Ultrasubversive tweeted his opinion on Side B:

36-B2-E16-D-3786-4-C80-A601-D639475-C008

So now we know most the tracks* on the album through Ultrasubversive:

• This Love Isn’t Crazy
  • Stay Away
  • This Is What They Say
  • Summer Love
  • Solo
  • Heartbeat
  • Comeback (ft Bleachers)
  • Lets Sort The While Thing Out
  • Now I Don’t Hate California After All
  • Fake Mona Lisa 
  • Track 11
  • Track 12

*(album track order is not accurate and “Let’s Be Friends” will not be on it)

Edit: May 11/20 “Window” and “Felt This Way” are the final 2 tracks

Edit: May 17/20 On the 1 Year Anniversary of Dedicated, CRJ officially announces the release of Dedicated Side B, with a tease at the end:

4 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

heres to a false hope of a full album cry9 

We will leave the multiple albums eras to Ariana. sia1

48 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

well more than 8 songs is already a full album sia3 

Technically yes, and no. It depends on several factors rav3

6 minutes ago, ajp said:

Technically yes, and no. It depends on several factors rav3

it just needs to be over 20-ish minutes to be an album

14 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

it just needs to be over 20-ish minutes to be an album

In the US, I think it’s 28 minutes but if it’s a compendium then it’s an EP regardless of the track listing or timing. EMOTION era had 25 songs released (if you count CTTF) and I would think Dedicated Side B/Part 2 will have 9 or 10 tracks. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.