Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Luca

Halsey | Manic | January 17, 2020

5 hours ago, Divine said:

tbh I fail to see how Nightmare doesn't fit the album like she said? If anything Without Me sticks out so much I almost always skip it jj4 

Without Me after 3am is so contrasting to me? In 3am she almost talks about how desperate she is whereas Without Me is her being a little bit unapologetic and talking about how her man can't live without her. jj4

Nightmare however would have served in the first half of the album, somewhere after You should be sad, or even I HATE EVERYBODY. 

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

@Laura THOT

Okay THOT!

I love how I'm not the only one who was annoyed by "Without Me" being on the album, it really didn't belong there for me anymore because it's been out for so long. I love the album though it was an experience. Definitely my favorite after Badlands! "More" really stuck with the most though, the courage to even write about that ngl I cry every time I hear the song. And the features what the actual fuck? Alanis Morissette and Suga I was shook. Anyone who trashes can eat my ass, this girl really poured her heart and soul into this album and you can hear that in every song. She really did that. I don't know why I drifted off but it needed to be said. Bye. alex1

3 minutes ago, Laura said:

Okay THOT!

I love how I'm not the only one who was annoyed by "Without Me" being on the album, it really didn't belong there for me anymore because it's been out for so long. I love the album though it was an experience. Definitely my favorite after Badlands! "More" really stuck with the most though, the courage to even write about that ngl I cry every time I hear the song. And the features what the actual fuck? Alanis Morissette and Suga I was shook. Anyone who trashes can eat my ass, this girl really poured her heart and soul into this album and you can hear that in every song. She really did that. I don't know why I drifted off but it needed to be said. Bye. alex1

Tbh yes I agree Without Me had no business in being the album, it's only there because it was a #1 hit and Halsey needed a hit to be on it laughcry1

I don't really have any favorites off the album since I've only been listening to it as an album but the features tho.. a STANDOUT! I AGREE! BOTH SERVED! I love how she gave Suga the creative freedom to do what he wants and not control him giveup1 if that isn't QUEEN BEHAVIOR

5 minutes ago, Snow said:

Tbh yes I agree Without Me had no business in being the album, it's only there because it was a #1 hit and Halsey needed a hit to be on it laughcry1

I don't really have any favorites off the album since I've only been listening to it as an album but the features tho.. a STANDOUT! I AGREE! BOTH SERVED! I love how she gave Suga the creative freedom to do what he wants and not control him giveup1 if that isn't QUEEN BEHAVIOR

I personally think she got snubbed at the Grammys and Without Me not being nominated but okay, that song was her chance honestly I was pissed laughcry1 But yes WM took the spot of another song that could've been there. Have you listened to the Bonus tracks btw?

I loved that too, like I always get scared when I see features on albums because a lot of times they really don't add anything to the song...they're just kind of there to hopefully make the song a little bit more...known? I'm terrible at explaining but you get my point. But on this album you can really tell she actually spent time with the people featured and I mean that's what a good collab should be like, people just forgot. Because these days it's like Any Song (feat. the current hottest rapper) and that's tragic honestly, even for some talented rappers that are just kinda thrown in there. And that didn't happen here. She really gave Suga the whole song. Queens only.

giveup1

2 minutes ago, Laura said:

I personally think she got snubbed at the Grammys and Without Me not being nominated but okay, that song was her chance honestly I was pissed laughcry1 But yes WM took the spot of another song that could've been there. Have you listened to the Bonus tracks btw?

I loved that too, like I always get scared when I see features on albums because a lot of times they really don't add anything to the song...they're just kind of there to hopefully make the song a little bit more...known? I'm terrible at explaining but you get my point. But on this album you can really tell she actually spent time with the people featured and I mean that's what a good collab should be like, people just forgot. Because these days it's like Any Song (feat. the current hottest rapper) and that's tragic honestly, even for some talented rappers that are just kinda thrown in there. And that didn't happen here. She really gave Suga the whole song. Queens only.

giveup1

SHE IS SNUBBED!! Grammys are PETTY! Idk if you've been following the Grammys expose & backlash but tl;dr is that they're corrupt.. which is nothing we didn't already know but still. I think she spoke out about the Grammy snub of BTS or something and well I'm pretty sure the Grammys just stopped nominating her altogether just as they've done with people who have spoken out against them in the past laughcry1 

And yes I did but I didn't like them giveup1 But yes though I lowkey thought Suga was a clout move rather than an artistic decision but he really made it work! I mean I know Halsey wouldn't use them for clout anyways but you never know. But yes the album turned out to be mostly solid maybe except for a few tracks giveup1

8 minutes ago, Snow said:

SHE IS SNUBBED!! Grammys are PETTY! Idk if you've been following the Grammys expose & backlash but tl;dr is that they're corrupt.. which is nothing we didn't already know but still. I think she spoke out about the Grammy snub of BTS or something and well I'm pretty sure the Grammys just stopped nominating her altogether just as they've done with people who have spoken out against them in the past laughcry1 

And yes I did but I didn't like them giveup1 But yes though I lowkey thought Suga was a clout move rather than an artistic decision but he really made it work! I mean I know Halsey wouldn't use them for clout anyways but you never know. But yes the album turned out to be mostly solid maybe except for a few tracks giveup1

I mean we always knew but I think with every new year more and more things start adding up, and more people start speaking up. That's why I really haven't watched the GRAMMYs for years now, fuck them tbh. People should be allowed to speak up when something isn't right, like the amount of snubs these past few years. laughcry1

WHAT giveup1 I mean I wouldn't want them on the main tracklist for sure but they were cute, I can relate to "I'm Not Mad" (I really felt that on a spiritual level) and "Wipe Your Tears" was cute, dreamy and gay and I won't complain about that of course! creep1 This album really just spoke to me though, I have like a special connection with it because I haven't felt like this about an album in a while so that's nice. I just loved that she was playing around with different genres too, and I'm surprised by how well she fits all of them. Like ngl after Nightmare and Experiment On Me I wouldn't mind...more of that, slightly off topic since they're not on the album but good god. giveup1

2 minutes ago, Laura said:

I mean we always knew but I think with every new year more and more things start adding up, and more people start speaking up. That's why I really haven't watched the GRAMMYs for years now, fuck them tbh. People should be allowed to speak up when something isn't right, like the amount of snubs these past few years. laughcry1

WHAT giveup1 I mean I wouldn't want them on the main tracklist for sure but they were cute, I can relate to "I'm Not Mad" (I really felt that on a spiritual level) and "Wipe Your Tears" was cute, dreamy and gay and I won't complain about that of course! creep1 This album really just spoke to me though, I have like a special connection with it because I haven't felt like this about an album in a while so that's nice. I just loved that she was playing around with different genres too, and I'm surprised by how well she fits all of them. Like ngl after Nightmare and Experiment On Me I wouldn't mind...more of that, slightly off topic since they're not on the album but good god. giveup1

Tbh same, they've been snubbing Taylor too, like.. they've stopped actually honoring music and turned it all about background politics, I mean Lil Nas' >EP< was nominated for AOTY.. WHAT laughcry1laughcry1laughcry1

And well I didn't really pay attention to the lyrics, but sound wise, I didn't really dig them dead2 they're like.. okay? I added them manually into my spotify since it's not available for streaming and I was thoroughly disappointed slaycat I'm glad you liked the album though! Nightmare and Experiment On Me were.. a choice dddd I'm glad she didn't go that direction but also I'm lowkey scared she might for her next album dead2

7 minutes ago, Snow said:

Tbh same, they've been snubbing Taylor too, like.. they've stopped actually honoring music and turned it all about background politics, I mean Lil Nas' >EP< was nominated for AOTY.. WHAT laughcry1laughcry1laughcry1

And well I didn't really pay attention to the lyrics, but sound wise, I didn't really dig them dead2 they're like.. okay? I added them manually into my spotify since it's not available for streaming and I was thoroughly disappointed slaycat I'm glad you liked the album though! Nightmare and Experiment On Me were.. a choice dddd I'm glad she didn't go that direction but also I'm lowkey scared she might for her next album dead2

What? That's just embarrassing laughcry1 See I missed a lot lmaooo

Well I mean I'm Not Mad is really just a break up song dead2 The lyrics aren't outstanding but I can bop so it's all fine! Bitch Nightmare is a BOP! That's what you call a SNUB! That song deserved more! And I actually wouldn't mind her going into a direction like that, not just as heavy as Experiment on Me I guess. I mean I loved both but her making an entire heavy metal album would seem a bit off, but going a little heavier and mixing it with pop I wouldn't mind at all. She could pull it off.

1 minute ago, Laura said:

What? That's just embarrassing laughcry1 See I missed a lot lmaooo

Well I mean I'm Not Mad is really just a break up song dead2 The lyrics aren't outstanding but I can bop so it's all fine! Bitch Nightmare is a BOP! That's what you call a SNUB! That song deserved more! And I actually wouldn't mind her going into a direction like that, not just as heavy as Experiment on Me I guess. I mean I loved both but her making an entire heavy metal album would seem a bit off, but going a little heavier and mixing it with pop I wouldn't mind at all. She could pull it off.

YES and don't even get me started about how "Old Town Road" won Best Music Video over FKA Twigs & Tove Lo laughcry1laughcry1laughcry1

Tbh I don't remember the lyrics at all so creep1 I only listened to them both once! And Nightmare is a MESS! Someone should tell her that she should NEVER scream again! We DO NOT love that song! It's ugly! Pretty MV! But UGLY! And if she ever makes an album that sounds like Experiment on Me I'm DELETING her off my last.fm!

1 minute ago, Snow said:

YES and don't even get me started about how "Old Town Road" won Best Music Video over FKA Twigs & Tove Lo laughcry1laughcry1laughcry1

Tbh I don't remember the lyrics at all so creep1 I only listened to them both once! And Nightmare is a MESS! Someone should tell her that she should NEVER scream again! We DO NOT love that song! It's ugly! Pretty MV! But UGLY! And if she ever makes an album that sounds like Experiment on Me I'm DELETING her off my last.fm!

Which FKA Twigs MV was nominated? Was it "Cellophane"? Because if yes then what kind of snub? That MV was beautiful and captivating like I still have it in my head when I just type the name wtf. laughcry1

This absolute nonsense! I thought you knew stuff! I guess I was wrong bitch! HALSEY SCREAMING GIVES ME LIFE alex1

3 minutes ago, Laura said:

Which FKA Twigs MV was nominated? Was it "Cellophane"? Because if yes then what kind of snub? That MV was beautiful and captivating like I still have it in my head when I just type the name wtf. laughcry1

This absolute nonsense! I thought you knew stuff! I guess I was wrong bitch! HALSEY SCREAMING GIVES ME LIFE alex1

It was Cellophane yes! And Tove Lo was nominated for "Glad He's Gone". The fact that Nas won over them both.. DISGUSTING! 

I can like Halsey screaming.. but NOT LIKE THAT! THAT'S FULL ON BATTLE GROWL! SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER! I WANT TO LISTEN TO POP MUSIC NOT THE SOUNDTRACK OF VIKINGS SEASON 4! alex1

1 minute ago, Snow said:

It was Cellophane yes! And Tove Lo was nominated for "Glad He's Gone". The fact that Nas won over them both.. DISGUSTING! 

I can like Halsey screaming.. but NOT LIKE THAT! THAT'S FULL ON BATTLE GROWL! SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER! I WANT TO LISTEN TO POP MUSIC NOT THE SOUNDTRACK OF VIKINGS SEASON 4! alex1

I....I don't even know what to say Cellophane was a masterpiece and I loved Glad He's Gone too giveup1

QUEEN OF SCREAMING! I'M JUST SAYING SHE WOULDN'T DO BAD YOU NOW, EXPERIMENT ON ME WAS A GOOD SONG, IT'S A SOUNDTRACK IT'S NOT LIKE SHE REALLY WANTS TO DO A WHOLE ALBUM LIKE THIS! JUST ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS alex1

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.