Sign in to follow this  

Madonna team will rebuild whole Eurovision stage in 40 seconds

The Eurovision Song Contest confirmed its worst-kept secret earlier this week by officially announcing that the one and only Madonna would be performing during the show's 2019 Grand Final.

According to the announcement, Madonna will be performing her classic hit 'Like A Prayer' as well as her new single 'Future', and now one of the hosts of tonight's (May 18) show has teased that the superstar has something brilliant planned.

"I saw the rehearsal yesterday," Assi Azar told Graham Norton on his Radio 2 show this morning.

"It's an amazing show, what she's doing on the stage. She's literally taking over our entire stage, changing it completely."

He continued: "I can say she's literally building a chapel inside our arena in 40 seconds. That's the time she has from the moment we get off the stage to the moment she goes on the stage. It's unbelievable."

And according to Assi, who'll be hosting the show alongside Erez Tal, Bar Refaeli and Lucy Ayoub live from Expo Tel Aviv, there was never any doubt in his mind that Madonna would be performing, despite all the conflicting reports.

"I think that we should be so honoured that Madonna came all the way here to perform for us," he said. "Of course. Both sides get a lot out of it – Eurovision gets Madonna, no need to explain, Madonna gets the 200 million viewers that are watching her tonight.

"Every time that something happened like she is performing, she's not performing, I thought, 'It's going to close at the end'. She's gonna perform at the end, so let's just move on from the ego issues of both sides."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a27513711/eurovision-2019-host-assi-azar-madonna-performance-unbelievable/

Satori    4,091

What a really.... interesting way of saying “they wheeled some stairs onstage in 40 seconds” ari6

Madame X    21,825
37 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

When will someone tell them they wasted 40 seconds?

The stage was amazing and the theatrics too, the only problem was the vocals at the second half of Future.

Luca    37,835
10 hours ago, Madame X said:

The stage was amazing and the theatrics too, the only problem was the vocals at the second half of Future.

It was just a whole mess sis. She should have performed a medley of her biggest songs in Europe and end with Medellin. eve1 

Something like this would have been amazing:

1. Like A Prayer
  2. Music
  3. Hung Up
  4. La Isla Bonita
  5. Medellin

1 minute ago, Luca said:

It was just a whole mess sis. She should have performed a medley of her biggest songs in Europe and end with Medellin. eve1 

Something like this would have been amazing:

1. Like A Prayer
  2. Music
  3. Hung Up
  4. La Isla Bonita
  5. Medellin

She did music too tho when she took over interview, quoted herself and forced all contestants to sing it with her ari2

Luca    37,835
Just now, Unapologetic Bitch said:

She did music too tho when she took over interview, quoted herself and forced all contestants to sing it with her ari2

That was a cringe and a half though. bebe1 

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

That was a cringe and a half though. bebe1 

I had massive kii1 cos it was such a Madonna thing to do ny2

Even that guy face was like "it was expected" ny5