Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Has Ariana Grande peaked?

I expressed concerns a couple months ago and got slammed. Yet here we are in May and it  seems like the "Thank U, Next" era is already finished. What's going on? This is what happens when you do everything so fast paced. "Break Up With Your Girlfriend" slowed down the era tremendously and they still haven't followed up with another single. Ariana Grande has peaked and now we have Halsey and that Billie girl coming to scalp her ponytail. I hope they learned their lesson to spread out singles/videos and not bombard us like they did last fall/winter. I've seen pop eras last twice long as they did with "Sweetner" and "Thank U, Next" combined. Well her run at the top was cute while it  lasted. She definitely didn't feel bigger than Justin Bieber, Miley, Gaga, etc at their peaks. The only thing she benefited from temporarily was the amount of content she put out. And that's the truth. oprah14 

Yes, now that the other pop girls are releasing material again and her dickriders no longer are starved or desperate to stan any ol person like they were last year. She'll be b-rated from now until she does something else controversial but her peak has definitely passed.

The tour's doing great, it's going to become her highest grossing one since almost every show she's done so far grossed about $1.5m and it seems that she's focused on that. Lbr, pure sales are dead unless you're Adele, streaming is what matters and her streaming numbers are great. The main disadvantage of streaming is that even songs which get like 500m streams are soon forgotten,whereas pure sales made songs remember for a longer period of time, e.g. we found love was remembered long after it left the #1 spot, it's one of Rihanna's classics as well as one of the classic of the decade. Now all those #1 songs become forgotten 3-4 weeks after reaching the peak. 

25 minutes ago, BackToBasics said:

The tour's doing great, it's going to become her highest grossing one since almost every show she's done so far grossed about $1.5m and it seems that she's focused on that. Lbr, pure sales are dead unless you're Adele, streaming is what matters and her streaming numbers are great. The main disadvantage of streaming is that even songs which get like 500m streams are soon forgotten,whereas pure sales made songs remember for a longer period of time, e.g. we found love was remembered long after it left the #1 spot, it's one of Rihanna's classics as well as one of the classic of the decade. Now all those #1 songs become forgotten 3-4 weeks after reaching the peak. 

What about Halsey's "Without You"? It  took forever to peak. There are lots of examples of songs doing this in the streaming era. The problem with Ariana is that she relies solely on everything being front loaded. So when you drop a song, video, and promo all in one day, it  has nowhere to go but down which is what causes it to not have longevity. They should try to figure out a way to make these singles turn around slower. 

Don't release singles so close together and wait a few weeks to drop music videos for those new songs. I do agree it's difficult for an album to sustain longevity after all the tracks are released. But Drake last year basically had a 5-6 month lead up to his album. He dropped "God's Plan" as the first single in January, kept the momentum going with that by sitting on the video for a while. Then he dropped "Nice for What" in April, and then "In My Feelings" served as the center of the album launch during the summer. The biggest moment was saved for when the album dropped as "In My Feelings" became a pop culture phenomenon more than anything he ever put out. Basically it felt like a first single but it was really the 3rd/4th single at that point.  Whether that was intentional or not, who knows. No singles were able to make an impact afterwards, but the album was huge due to the build up. Ariana should take note from the Top Artist of 2018 oprah14  

4 hours ago, Agugaga said:

What about Halsey's "Without You"? It  took forever to peak. There are lots of examples of songs doing this in the streaming era. The problem with Ariana is that she relies solely on everything being front loaded. So when you drop a song, video, and promo all in one day, it  has nowhere to go but down which is what causes it to not have longevity. They should try to figure out a way to make these singles turn around slower. 

Don't release singles so close together and wait a few weeks to drop music videos for those new songs. I do agree it's difficult for an album to sustain longevity after all the tracks are released. But Drake last year basically had a 5-6 month lead up to his album. He dropped "God's Plan" as the first single in January, kept the momentum going with that by sitting on the video for a while. Then he dropped "Nice for What" in April, and then "In My Feelings" served as the center of the album launch during the summer. The biggest moment was saved for when the album dropped as "In My Feelings" became a pop culture phenomenon more than anything he ever put out. Basically it felt like a first single but it was really the 3rd/4th single at that point.  Whether that was intentional or not, who knows. No singles were able to make an impact afterwards, but the album was huge due to the build up. Ariana should take note from the Top Artist of 2018 oprah14  

Labels want to get money as soon as they can,that's why they force artists to release single after single. In my feelings was a huge hit but who remembers it know? Same for nice for what or any other #1 song of 2018. That may also be the reason why artists prefer to release single after single,then album to keep the momentum going for a month or 2-because the know that no matter how many streams they get, the single will be forgotten in 3 or 4 months. If Ariana hadn't released sweetener 6 months before TUN and hadn't recorded the song about her ex boyfriends one of whom she had broken up before releasing TUN,she wouldn't have gotten 2 #1 singles. Now she doesn't care about next singles because each of her shows is grossing $1.5m-two times more than DWT shows did. All those "spotify artists" want to get a hit single to sell out tickets, earn a few million of $ and a year or two later do the same thing. 

20 minutes ago, BackToBasics said:

Labels want to get money as soon as they can,that's why they force artists to release single after single. In my feelings was a huge hit but who remembers it know? Same for nice for what or any other #1 song of 2018. That may also be the reason why artists prefer to release single after single,then album to keep the momentum going for a month or 2-because the know that no matter how many streams they get, the single will be forgotten in 3 or 4 months. If Ariana hadn't released sweetener 6 months before TUN and hadn't recorded the song about her ex boyfriends one of whom she had broken up before releasing TUN,she wouldn't have gotten 2 #1 singles. Now she doesn't care about next singles because each of her shows is grossing $1.5m-two times more than DWT shows did. All those "spotify artists" want to get a hit single to sell out tickets, earn a few million of $ and a year or two later do the same thing. 

No one remembers In My Feelings? Really? dead4 

Agu is still mad that the vocalist of the new gen he underestimated is continuing to slay? ari7 Wow her mind.

Anyway guys, yall should stop replying to his threads. That's what makes him really mad.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:19 PM, Madonna said:

Agu is still mad that the vocalist of the new gen he underestimated is continuing to slay? ari7 Wow her mind.

Anyway guys, yall should stop replying to his threads. That's what makes him really mad.

He actually likes Ariana, the hate began when her stans started mocking Xtina and that's when his sudden dislike for her burst out.

I recall him having no problem with her before that whatsoever...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.