Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Now that “Me!” Is plunging...what’s next for Taylor?

Should she scrap the album and just act like it was a one-off single? Should she rush release a follow up? Should she keep us all bored and keep pushing the same song for months? It’s not a good situation for her at the moment nat1 

imo she needs to let ME! run it's course and wait for it to drop out of the top 20 or top 40. afterwards, she can change course with single #2 for a more mature direction and tease the album. obviously it'll be on her album but hopefully as a japanese or target exclusive bonus track or something

In a perfect world, Br*ndon won't be on the album in any form

But we live in a world where Miley's shamed for X and Ariana isn't, Gaga's shamed for Y and Beyonce isn't, and nobody is ever cancelled for more than 5 seconds unless their name is Dr. Luke, so. oprah6

1 minute ago, Madame X said:

Agree. Bad move for his career. oprah5

This isn't gonna hinder the default flopability and approx. 1 GP-known single of his next Panic! effort, nor will it permanently demean him to a rental artist like with Future on Madame X oprah6 He'll be fine

I don’t really think it’s a bad situation per se. You can’t plan for random #1s that’s last forever like Uptown Funk or the current one when you craft an era in advance like Taylor does. She came extremely close to another #1, despite pulling a complete 180 from her last era and still being disliked on some level by a fair number of people. Reputation made it clear that radio won’t give her free passes with non-lead singles, so I doubt she’ll be too worried about the follow ups. We all know she’ll sell approximately a million opening week when the album drops and she’ll take in plenty of coin when it’s time to tour. She’s not going anywhere, and her current status isn’t a disaster just because she can’t replicate 1989-level success. I doubt we’ll see that sort of impact from her again, but she seems happy with her core fan base and they are enough to keep her far from flop status. 

32 minutes ago, Entea said:

If it's going to be her talking 90% of the way through then she can keep it

I thought you like Billie Eilish?????? sia5 

Most singles are sent out to radio for a minimum of 90 days...unless the label pulls it - which is not going to happen for ME!. I would wait 120 days and release the next single, along with an album pre-order.

But, the next Single has to be different. aretha1

10 minutes ago, Mikey Likey said:

She can plan for a single like delicate and have amazing longevity on radio rav1 

“Delicate” didn’t even hit the top ten. Keep it. rav2 

5 hours ago, Sylk said:

im getting deja vu whats this same exact thread made about LWYMMD ??

Ya and your point? What happened to the singles after LWYMMD. “Ready for It “ had no impact, flop game stalled and Delicate was exactly that....a soft forgotten non event. A perfect way to summarize the era oprah14 

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

“Delicate” didn’t even hit the top ten. Keep it. rav2 

You always talk about slow long meaningful impact instead of "quick cute hits" yet you don't even understand what one is. Poor thing. dead4

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.