Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Just admit it, MEH flopped!

The so called "come back" single which sounds like it belongs in Dora The Explorer has already plunged out of the TOP #10 in the UK. While in the US (Taylor's biggest market) it's fallen to #8 on the Billboard Hot#100 and looks set to flop further next week. After all that promotional spam, a banner on youtube, Ellen appearance etc she couldn't even stay in the top #5 of the Hot#100 for more than two weeks. Taylor's time as a "main pop" girl is over and now she's going where she belongs. In the FLOP category with Katy and Nose. mad11

qWBdmmw.png

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/

Maybe she should replace Edam Levine on The Voice. They both have equal lack of vocal talent. 

Taylor didn’t need a “comeback” from anything. She never left. It’s just her first single. She still broke records with the video so the GP has interest in her, she just needs a better song

Oh, and Nose got a #1 this year and plenty of awards and recognition. She’s not flopping sass1 

1 hour ago, Umbreon said:

Oh, and Nose got a #1 this year and plenty of awards and recognition. She’s not flopping sass1 

I get someone bragging about their fave but at what cost nicki5 over a shitty song recorded for a boring movie and payola'd in TV commercials for months? Save it for when she releases a pop record. 

(Also I'm glad ME! didn't top 10 because it could have just been a solo song like written but she beat it to death by ordering a problematic rent-a-male-artist and releasing 99 vinyls but its whatever) bey4

2 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Taylor didn’t need a “comeback” from anything. She never left. It’s just her first single. She still broke records with the video so the GP has interest in her, she just needs a better song

Many of my straight friends didn't know Reputation exists. Nor did they know about LWYMME. To many of them Taylor's last hit song was 4 or so years ago with that Fad Blood song about Katy. 

Once Nose releases her next SOLO single, i bet it will struggle to make the top #10. She's not a pop force anymore. sass1

11 minutes ago, Maria said:

yes because #1s are only relevant when they’re pop songs dead2 i swear, some of y'all...

My wording wasn't a 100% but I actually meant a single that actually has to do with her solo career nicki5

Side projects like CTC and ASIB don't count. PERIOD!

7 minutes ago, Venom said:

My wording wasn't a 100% but I actually meant a single that actually has to do with her solo career nicki5

I can BET yall would've counted ASIB is if flopped, fuck outta here with those see-through double standards nicki5 

18 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

I can BET yall would've counted ASIB is if flopped, fuck outta here with those see-through double standards nicki5 

this nicki5

27 minutes ago, Venom said:

well according to your logic, from now on we won't be counting i will always love you and the whole bodyguard soundtrack with whitney's career, vogue and don't cry for me argentina with madonna's, my heart will go on with celine's etc etc nicki5

Just now, Phoebe Halliwell said:

well according to your logic, from now on we won't be counting i will always love you and the whole bodyguard soundtrack with whitney's career, vogue and don't cry for me argentina with madonna's... nicki5

I actually DON'T count Bodyguard for Whitney's solo career success (I Will Always Love You will remain to belong to Dolly Parton), nor Dick Tracy for Madonna's, although I consider Vogue an exception since it basically has nothing to do with the film whatsoever. Just because ASIB (a film that would've done well no matter who starred since Bradley Cooper ran it and it's a film thats been iconically remade multiple times) was successful, doesn't mean we should count it as one of Gaga's own successes. And I don't know why some of yall are so hellbent on definitely counting it, since it's a creative low point for her and it makes y'all look like sheep fans.

oprah6

1 minute ago, Phoebe Halliwell said:

this nicki5

well according to your logic, from now on we won't be counting i will always love you and the whole bodyguard soundtrack with whitney's career, vogue and don't cry for me argentina with madonna's... nicki5

Literally THE biggest argument as to why IWALY shouldn't be Whitney's "signature song" is because it's a cover song and from a movie soundtrack by VARIOUS ARTISTS and not Whitney alone. nicki5 

Literally nobody associates DCFMA with Madonna and Vogue was created BEFORE Dick Tracy and I'm Breathless (which isn't a soundtrack but actually a concept album BY MADONNA - and no one else but her). Vogue was supposed to be the b-side to Keep It Together but it was then decided to be a stand-alone single before they tacked it onto I'm Breathless (although it had absolutely nothing to do with the movie or the album).

1 minute ago, Venom said:

I actually DON'T count Bodyguard for Whitney's solo career success (I Will Always Love You will remain to belong to Dolly Parton), nor Dick Tracy for Madonna's, although I consider Vogue an exception since it basically has nothing to do with the film whatsoever. Just because ASIB (a film that would've done well no matter who starred since Bradley Cooper ran it and it's a film thats been iconically remade multiple times) was successful, doesn't mean we should count it as one of Gaga's own successes. And I don't know why some of yall are so hellbent on definitely counting it, since it's a creative low point for her and it makes y'all look like sheep fans.

oprah6

The funniest thing about A Star Is Aborted is that it was originally supposed to have Christian Bale and Beyoncé in the lead roles and the music would have probably been more RnB-oriented. Can you imagine how much more of a success that movie could have been if Bradley and Gaga didn't take over? A shame, truly a shame. It's a white movie pandering towards the mid-west straights and old folks.

1 minute ago, Madonna said:

Literally THE biggest argument as to why IWALY shouldn't be Whitney's "signature song" is because it's a cover song and from a movie soundtrack by VARIOUS ARTISTS and not Whitney alone. nicki5 

I Wanna Dance With Somebody should really be her signature song. 

Just now, Madonna said:

The funniest thing about A Star Is Aborted is that it was originally supposed to have Christian Bale and Beyoncé in the lead roles and the music would have probably been more RnB-oriented. Can you imagine how much more of a success that movie could have been if Bradley and Gaga didn't take over? A shame, truly a shame. It's a white movie pandering towards the mid-west straights and old folks.

Nose always lived under Beys shadow.. WBK

Speaking of Whitney:

How Will I Know

I Wanna Dance with Somebody

I'm Your Baby Tonight

So Emotional

It's Not Right But It's Okay (Original)

My Love Is Your Love

are better than anything from The Bodyguard. brit7 

2 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Imagine being second choice for the Superbowl Halftime Show after Adele, second choice for Coachella after Beyoncé (who then totally obliterated her mess of a performance with Beychella) and being second choice to Bey again for the movie which gave her her first (ONE WEEK) #1 in AGES with the help of the biggest payola/promo campaign of the fucking century.

Gaga can only get a Top 5 hit these days if she adds discounts and performs at like the biggest TV events of the year. lol3 I quite honestly wouldn't brag about that at all. But once LG6 drops and ends up being yet another underperformance/flop for her we can officially claim her as being OVER.

EnergeticHugeAdouri-size_restricted.gif

10 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

3 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Imagine being second choice for the Superbowl Halftime Show after Adele, second choice for Coachella after Beyoncé (who then totally obliterated her mess of a performance with Beychella) and being second choice to Bey again for the movie which gave her her first (ONE WEEK) #1 in AGES with the help of the biggest payola/promo campaign of the fucking century.

Gaga can only get a Top 5 hit these days if she adds discounts and performs at like the biggest TV events of the year. lol3 I quite honestly wouldn't brag about that at all. But once LG6 drops and ends up being yet another underperformance/flop for her we can officially claim her as being OVER.

I feel bad upvoting these since I used to stan her and love/loved TF-AP

But I guess I can let her rot since she preached "music not the bling" and then stepped back on her word after ARTPOP underperformed

20 minutes ago, Venom said:

oprah6

The mental gymnastics laughcry1 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.