Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Just admit it, MEH flopped!

2 minutes ago, Venom said:

I feel bad upvoting these since I used to stan her and love/loved TF-AP

But I guess I can let her rot since she preached "music not the bling" and then stepped back on her word after ARTPOP underperformed

EnergeticHugeAdouri-size_restricted.gif

Her entire career is one huge contradiction at this point. She started out by using outrageous costumes and visuals for every fucking time she stepped out of he house. Even if it was just to get Starbucks coffee. She was more BLING than MUSIC and that's what made her stand out so much. The pop scene was boring before 2008/9. Nobody gave a shit about her talent. Then she released ARTPOP (after her label messed with it so much she wasn't able to even do anything she had planned for it originally) and did all that stupid "music not the bling" talk yet that album was the epitome of label interference. It's the album she had the least creative input in, it's made up of producer rejects because all the original songs got scrapped.

After that album flopped, her gimmicks didn't work no more and she had to re-invent herself. Instead of doing the smart way, she went AC and released the most boring trash music ever because she was hoping for some mainstream success and awards. Her goal has always been the bling more than the music. She became famous because she wanted fame, not because she wanted to make music. Her debut album literally deals with THAT exactly. dead2 She loves being a celebrity and a famous person but she can't admit it. She's a fraud, who wasted her actual potential because she was so blinded by the fact that she was obsessed with fame and accolades.

3 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Her entire career is one huge contradiction at this point. She started out by using outrageous costumes and visuals for every fucking time she stepped out of he house. Even if it was just to get Starbucks coffee. She was more BLING than MUSIC and that's what made her stand out so much. The pop scene was boring before 2008/9. Nobody gave a shit about her talent. Then she released ARTPOP (after her label messed with it so much she wasn't able to even do anything she had planned for it originally) and did all that stupid "music not the bling" talk yet that album was the epitome of label interference. It's the album she had the least creative input in, it's made up of producer rejects because all the original songs got scrapped.

After that album flopped, her gimmicks didn't work no more and she had to re-invent herself. Instead of doing the smart way, she went AC and released the most boring trash music ever because she was hoping for some mainstream success and awards. Her goal has always been the bling more than the music. She became famous because she wanted fame, not because she wanted to make music. Her debut album literally deals with THAT exactly. dead2 She loves being a celebrity and a famous person but she can't admit it. She's a fraud, who wasted her actual potential because she was so blinded by the fact that she was obsessed with fame and accolades.

Most of the songs I love from her are on ARTPOP, whether that's a good thing or not is up to debate since probably only half or less than half of it contains original melodies. But yeah, it's pretty fishy that she was saying "Music not the bling" "I don't write for the charts" "Fuck you pop music, this is ARTPOP" etc when lets be real, she soon gave up on the era after just a couple months and prematurely ended the era with G.U.Y. outside of the tour, before the immediate switch to prancing around with her Cher wig and hyping Cheek To Cheek.

I don't have an issue with CTC existing since it was known and had a Wikipedia page already before ARTPOP's official announcement, but it speaks volumes that she called the ArtRAVE the 'end of the first chapter of my career' or some shit like that and then, as we know less than 2 years later, was doing a country/normal-girl/no-sense-of-fashion era with Joanne, and then a generic Chainsmokers-esque single with The Cure afterwords. Something doesn't add up!

5 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Whats the smart way? lmfao1 

Smooth transitions, re-inventions that aren't as abrupt and alienate your entire audience at ONCE.

Just now, Madonna said:

Smooth transitions, re-inventions that aren't as abrupt and alienate your entire audience at ONCE.

She transitioned just perfectly, that's why she is earning the global praise and success she is now. Maybe the situation doesnt please you or the bops stanning fags, but it works for her. rip4 She is in the bussiness and she has to survive in it (and it's clearly working) rip4 

No one has ever denied Me!'s success has been very underwhelming, the excuses to open yet another thread about Taylor for a few kii's and cackles. Y'all are so bothered. laughcry1 

43 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

She transitioned just perfectly, that's why she is earning the global praise and success she is now. Maybe the situation doesnt please you or the bops stanning fags, but it works for her. rip4 She is in the bussiness and she has to survive in it (and it's clearly working) rip4 

So, we're just gonna ignore that ARTPOP and Joanne flopped WW (ESPECIALLY single-wise) and that ASIB produced absolutely nothing outside of Shallow which is a cookie-cutter country soundtrack song (that are always prone to earning accolades)?

My god, @Freaky Prince I would really really like you (and I do like you as a person) if you weren't so god damn delusional about Gags and just accepted that she's not going to be back on top like she was before. dead2 Aren't you tired of forcing yourself to stan her when she has also disappointed you over and over again?

Just now, Madonna said:

So, we're just gonna ignore that ARTPOP and Joanne flopped WW (ESPECIALLY single-wise) and that ASIB produced absolutely nothing outside of Shallow which is a cookie-cutter country soundtrack song (that are always prone to earning accolades)?

My god, @Freaky Prince I would really really like you (and I do like you as a person) if you weren't so god damn delusional about Gags and just accepted that she's not going to be back on top like she was before. dead2 Aren't you tired of forcing yourself to stan her when she has also disappointed you over and over again?

ASIB producer a hit ALBUM. The whole thing is popular. oprah14

ASIB era was just as big as TFM. You get the impression it's not because this time around it's not because of her costumes and videos, it's because of how talented she is, a 450M grossing movie and a smash (HAC) album. oprah14 

I'm not forcing myself to stan anyone. In fact I haven't listened to her in ages, but it's because I wasn't interested in the ASIB album. That doesn't mean I have to suddenly switch (like a faggot) and downplay its success oprah14

5 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

ASIB era was just as big as TFM. You get the impression it's not because this time around it's not because of her costumes and videos, it's because of how talented she is, a 450M grossing movie and a smash (HAC) album. oprah14 

I'm not forcing myself to stan anyone. In fact I haven't listened to her in ages, but it's because I wasn't interested in the ASIB album. That doesn't mean I have to suddenly switch (like a faggot) and downplay its success oprah14

Funny how he's the first to say that gaga should evolve and stop being a hac artist, but if she switches back to dark pop/visuals, he'd be the first to say that she switched because she doesn't have ArTisTic IntEGriTy anymore and she only did it to get quick singles. We all I just know it oprah14

1 hour ago, Freaky Prince said:

Let's fucking not. TFM did all that without the remake of a classic movie to support it. It was the very peak of Gaga's cultural influence. oprah14 You can't compare the two, periodT.

2 hours ago, Venom said:

Most of the songs I love from her are on ARTPOP, whether that's a good thing or not is up to debate since probably only half or less than half of it contains original melodies. But yeah, it's pretty fishy that she was saying "Music not the bling" "I don't write for the charts" "Fuck you pop music, this is ARTPOP" etc when lets be real, she soon gave up on the era after just a couple months and prematurely ended the era with G.U.Y. outside of the tour, before the immediate switch to prancing around with her Cher wig and hyping Cheek To Cheek.

I don't have an issue with CTC existing since it was known and had a Wikipedia page already before ARTPOP's official announcement, but it speaks volumes that she called the ArtRAVE the 'end of the first chapter of my career' or some shit like that and then, as we know less than 2 years later, was doing a country/normal-girl/no-sense-of-fashion era with Joanne, and then a generic Chainsmokers-esque single with The Cure afterwords. Something doesn't add up!

Give me the video to that gif omg

6 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Many of my straight friends didn't know Reputation exists. Nor did they know about LWYMME. To many of them Taylor's last hit song was 4 or so years ago with that Fad Blood song about Katy. 

Once Nose releases her next SOLO single, i bet it will struggle to make the top #10. She's not a pop force anymore. sass1

Literally everyone was talking about LWYMMD. It was a huge event dead4 

6 hours ago, Venom said:

My wording wasn't a 100% but I actually meant a single that actually has to do with her solo career nicki5

Side projects like CTC and ASIB don't count. PERIOD!

You could count I Will Always Love You and My Heart Will Go On as “side-projects” since they’re also soundtrack songs to movies, yet they’re two of the BIGGEST and most ICONIC songs that exist. nicki1 

Literally makes no difference if it was a fucking side project. It smashed. PERIODT. nat2 

22 hours ago, Venom said:

I actually DON'T count Bodyguard for Whitney's solo career success (I Will Always Love You will remain to belong to Dolly Parton), nor Dick Tracy for Madonna's, although I consider Vogue an exception since it basically has nothing to do with the film whatsoever. Just because ASIB (a film that would've done well no matter who starred since Bradley Cooper ran it and it's a film thats been iconically remade multiple times) was successful, doesn't mean we should count it as one of Gaga's own successes. And I don't know why some of yall are so hellbent on definitely counting it, since it's a creative low point for her and it makes y'all look like sheep fans.

oprah6

She was nominated for the highest achievements in both acting and music for ASIB. You need to pull your head out of your ass. brit15

5 minutes ago, harry said:

She was nominated for the highest achievements in both acting and music for ASIB. You need to pull your head out of your ass. brit15

I thought yall considered award shows corrupt when Gaga lost the TIHTY Oscar to Sam Smith and the MR Grammy to Ed Sheeran? Don't pick and choose when it's valid and when it's not just based on if your fave does well or not, ASIB isn't an accolade-worthy project and separately doesn't count for her solo career period point to the blank. brit15

3 hours ago, Venom said:

I thought yall considered award shows corrupt when Gaga lost the TIHTY Oscar to Sam Smith and the MR Grammy to Ed Sheeran? Don't pick and choose when it's valid and when it's not just based on if your fave does well or not, ASIB isn't an accolade-worthy project and separately doesn't count for her solo career period point to the blank. brit15

well everyone agreed TIHTY winning was a reach. Sam didn't really deserve to win, but Gaga didn't either. But out of all the options, Gaga made more sense or Earned It. Not that hard to comprehend  bebe1 The Oscars is the most credible award show and even then she has multiple sources (critics) backing her so try again sis. bebe1 No one was talking about the Grammys, when there are more credible options.

It doesn't matter what you think your opinions HOLDS, it's about the FACTS. Present FACTS and we can talk. 

On 5/26/2019 at 11:22 AM, Umbreon said:

You could count I Will Always Love You and My Heart Will Go On as “side-projects” since they’re also soundtrack songs to movies, yet they’re two of the BIGGEST and most ICONIC songs that exist. nicki1 

Literally makes no difference if it was a fucking side project. It smashed. PERIODT. nat2 

Interesting that you are now suddenly claiming side projects matter when you wouldn’t admit that Christina’s side projects were successful because of her. Get the fuck out of my face you trash. ny12 

30 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Interesting that you are now suddenly claiming side projects matter when you wouldn’t admit that Christina’s side projects were successful because of her. Get the fuck out of my face you trash. ny12 

Side projects? As in the Sharktale sound track? At the car wash woooo ohhh yeah

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.