Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Atlantis Princess

When was her voice stronger: Stripped or B2B?

I don't see much difference tbh but I want to see some opinions nat1 

If I had to give it to one era it would probably Stripped cuz she had some difficult songs on the album where she hit insane notes and showcased all of her vocal range like Walk Away, The Voice Within, Fighter, Beautiful etc.

On B2B ofc she also hit insane notes but I feel like they only highlited her upper range 

Plus the Stripped voice is freshly developed and it seemed like it matured after her thin voice in Self-titled plus she seemed very confident in it. nat1

Discuss xtina2

1 hour ago, COOKIES said:

Mercy on Me and Makes me wanna Prey have better vocals than anything on Stripped imo. I prefer Stripped the album but her vocals were better on B2B imo

I think that on Stripped she explores all the ranges of her voice from low notes to high notes. On B2B she has one basic tone throught the album: loud and thats it (except Save Me From Myself) 

I feel like on Stripped her voice was at full force and that's why she was so confident to show it on all the tracks 

But I do agree that Mercy on me probably has the highest notes she ever did 

Well, Stripped and Back to Basics have very different concepts to be honest with you. The former having  more raw and organic vocals while the latter is more polished, just like in the 20's to 40's. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's two very different projects with two very different vocal attacks from Christina but as an album Stripped is much better (I don't think X can ever top it) but as for cohesiveness and visuals, Back to Basics is much more compelling.

Studio wise they are pretty even. Christina belted higher in B2B more often but she used her lows and falsetto on Stripped more. But live, Stripped was NOT a great vocal era. She was very strained and messy at times. B2B live was consistently good.

5 hours ago, Xtinaislife said:

Studio wise they are pretty even. Christina belted higher in B2B more often but she used her lows and falsetto on Stripped more. But live, Stripped was NOT a great vocal era. She was very strained and messy at times. B2B live was consistently good.

I once saw someone saying that her voice was stronger on Stripped but she controlled it better in B2B and it fits perfectly with what you said about the live vocals 

B2B era was flawless in every which way. After all, it gave us that legendary James Brown tribute performance at the GRAMMYs. During Stripped she was going for more notes but there was more strain imo. Both are brilliant and flawless in the studio versions but B2B has it beat in live performances. For instance, the B2B tour >>>>>>> the Stripped tour in terms of vocals

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.