Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wonder

This Still Remains THE Definitive Vegas Residency

PoM was good, Enigma is cute, All I Have had it's moments.

But no Vegas show has blended music, PURE THEATRE, and imagery the way the show that kick started the trend did. 

Miss Celine's classic A New Day...

Do people even really check for Celine outside of My Heart Will Go On? nicki5 I feel like she doesn't get publicity, nor should she, unless she performs at some award show. Regardless, I'm always gonna see Piece of Me as the thing that changed Vegas. Vegas residencies weren't truly marketable until Britney did it. PERIOD. Point blank!

5 minutes ago, Venom said:

Do people even really check for Celine outside of My Heart Will Go On? nicki5 I feel like she doesn't get publicity, nor should she, unless she performs at some award show. Regardless, I'm always gonna see Piece of Me as the thing that changed Vegas. Vegas residencies weren't truly marketable until Britney did it. PERIOD. Point blank!

A New Day is the show that made it even smart to do a Vegas show. The Coliseum underwent renovations for her show alone and it made it a premiere venue, it's credited with reviving the the then faltering entertainment scene on the strip, it featured groundbreaking technology that's still being used in live shows to this very day, it blended music and theatre like no other show before it and really since... And it IS and has been for over a DECADE the MOST SUCCESSFUL Vegas show in the city's history. 

I love PoM but without A New Day, it wouldn't have happened. End of story. 

And yes they do check her for other reasons besides that song. She didn't become of the best selling artists in history based on one song. In fact her biggest selling album (the best selling female album EVER) was before the song existed. 

34 minutes ago, Venom said:

Regardless, I'm always gonna see Piece of Me as the thing that changed Vegas. Vegas residencies weren't truly marketable until Britney did it. PERIOD. Point blank!

Britney invented Vegas. Periodt. No tampon. cyqyUsy.png

"PoM was good, All I Have had it's moments." ny2 

A show that was all playback and stale choreography and zeo stage presence was good, but J.Lo, JENNIFER LOPEZ's show had it's moments? ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6 

Also, yes, Celine invented Vegas wbk.

Jennifer Lopez had the best Vegas show. PERIODT!

You can say what you wanna say about her vocal ability, but the way she owns the stage, WHEW! From the setlist, to the costumes, to the visuals, to her showmanship, charisma, to the certified smash hits, the choreos... she did all of that in her mid to late 40s. Not everybody has that.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.