Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Caution vs Madame X: Reviews!

6 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Careful sis, you're going deaf in your old age. whit1

Madame X snaps in every aspect. whit1 The instrumentals especially are 10/10. whit1

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I love Madonna but girl get your ears checked, there is not a single song worthy of repeating on Madame X it’s so bad eve1 

Actually i've repeat them more than 3 times already. eve1 And i can't take srsl this post by a Brit fan. eve1 MX still unbothered getting the acclaim she deserves from the critics and GP. eve1

51 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Actually i've repeat them more than 3 times already. eve1 And i can't take srsl this post by a Brit fan. eve1 MX still unbothered getting the acclaim she deserves from the critics and GP. eve1

What does being a Brit fan has to do with not liking an album?

But anyway Madame X is one of Madonna's best albums and we stream mad4

Both are faves of mine.

Mariah put out the better album. It's more critically acclaimed, and some of her best work in years. It has BOPS (A No No, The Distance) and it doesn't have any filler tracks. Madame X ... Is definitely Madonna's worst album. The concept is cute, but poorly executed. The features are try hard and awful... To me it just sounds like Madonna trying to be something she's not. It just doesn't pass for a Madonna album. Alot of people trashed MDNA. I enjoyed it. Alot of people trashed RH. I thought it was her best effort in years. This? This feels like the culmination of what everybody has been saying since Hard Candy and MDNA. She's trying to hard, she's trying to stay relevant, etc. This just feels so inauthentic. I expect POP music from Madonna... Not faux Pop with trap and hip hop beats and collabs with practically every new "relevant" rapper.

3 hours ago, Madame X said:

Brit is a pop star making bops, simple and plain. Madonna is REALLY trying it with her "deep messages" with the subtlety of a sledgehammer and eyeroll inducing, cringey platitudes that reek of desperation to remain relevant. The whole album is a snoozefest and just very disappointing to me, considering I loved so much of her previous work. Such a shame.

PS I stan Bjork, you know, a REAL artist with critical acclaim. Madonna should stop trying to be deep and artsy the way she's doing it, and do something genuine instead.

2 hours ago, Kim Jongin said:

What does being a Brit fan has to do with not liking an album?

But anyway Madame X is one of Madonna's best albums and we stream mad4

???????

REALLY? ny2 

20 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Both are faves of mine.

Mariah put out the better album. It's more critically acclaimed, and some of her best work in years. It has BOPS (A No No, The Distance) and it doesn't have any filler tracks. Madame X ... Is definitely Madonna's worst album. The concept is cute, but poorly executed. The features are try hard and awful... To me it just sounds like Madonna trying to be something she's not. It just doesn't pass for a Madonna album. Alot of people trashed MDNA. I enjoyed it. Alot of people trashed RH. I thought it was her best effort in years. This? This feels like the culmination of what everybody has been saying since Hard Candy and MDNA. She's trying to hard, she's trying to stay relevant, etc. This just feels so inauthentic. I expect POP music from Madonna... Not faux Pop with trap and hip hop beats and collabs with practically every new "relevant" rapper.

Spill that scalding hot tea sis! I want more GENUINE tracks from her, everything in this album feels so forced and try-hard, and some of the lyrics are super cringe worthy. Like girl, we know you want to talk about all these deep and serious subjects like poverty, gay rights, rape, oppression, racism, etc., but she really doesn't have much of anything unique or new to say about these topics IMO. And at the end of the day, the melodies and music just aren't that good. 

Just now, Vesper said:

Spill that scalding hot tea sis! I want more GENUINE tracks from her, everything in this album feels so forced and try-hard, and some of the lyrics are super cringe worthy. Like girl, we know you want to talk about all these deep and serious subjects like poverty, gay rights, rape, oppression, racism, etc., but she really doesn't have much of anything unique or new to say about these topics IMO. And at the end of the day, the melodies and music just isn't that good. 

It just amazes me the person who made ROL came up with this garbage... brit15

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Spill that scalding hot tea sis! I want more GENUINE tracks from her, everything in this album feels so forced and try-hard, and some of the lyrics are super cringe worthy. Like girl, we know you want to talk about all these deep and serious subjects like poverty, gay rights, rape, oppression, racism, etc., but she really doesn't have much of anything unique or new to say about these topics IMO. And at the end of the day, the melodies and music just isn't that good. 

The lyrics on Killers and God Control end careers imo. They get the message straight to the point and are ballsy. Not many singers would dare to say those things, but

EVERYONE KNOWS THE DAMN TRUTH and it's time to wake up wake wake up wake up wake up. mess1

Music may be the best tool to the help humanity to wake up and Madonna is doing her part. In this album she delivered bangers that got nothing to envy to Hung Up or Vogue. Top 5 Madonna's albums, if you clean ur ears. kylie6

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.