Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Caution vs Madame X: Reviews!

2 hours ago, Hylia said:

Both released great albums that the fans enjoy, and in the end that’s what matters. It’s a shame that people like @Sylk pretend to hate their fave’s perceived “rival” in here just to seem cool :) :) 

I suggest you stop trying to derail my soon to be hit thread :) :) 

Before you really make me mad :) 

2 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

In the end, it's all about how audiences perceive the release. And it seems audiences are enjoying themselves

2UJXf.png

Sure Jan, on the first page you were talking about critical acclaim. Pls just stop lmfao2 

Shawn Mendes User Scores 5.9 and 7.3 btw lmfao2 

12 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

Shawn Mendes User Scores 5.9 and 7.3 btw lmfao2 

We're not talking about him. Why don't you stay with the two artists we're discussing instead of bringing someone else in in a cheap ploy to get a rise out of someone?

You always go for the low hanging fruit don't you?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

We're not talking about him. Why don't you stay with the two artists we're discussing instead of bringing someone else in in a cheap ploy to get a rise out of someone?

You always go for the low hanging fruit don't you?

Why would I go for something I can’t reach?

39 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Which is why I wonder why Miss @Sylk stans her in private but then pretends to hate her in public

JsDuYe4.gif

lies lies and more lies and lies on TOP of lies 

13 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

Why would I go for something I can’t reach?

It's just dumb to be bringing in another artist who has nothing do with the conversation simply to get a reaction from someone. xtina11

1 hour ago, Winnie. said:

I haven’t listened, is it serving MIAM pitched auto tuned mess

It's worse. Not on all songs, but some songs serve underwater vocals to the point where it distracts the listener.

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Spill that scalding hot tea sis! I want more GENUINE tracks from her, everything in this album feels so forced and try-hard, and some of the lyrics are super cringe worthy. Like girl, we know you want to talk about all these deep and serious subjects like poverty, gay rights, rape, oppression, racism, etc., but she really doesn't have much of anything unique or new to say about these topics IMO. And at the end of the day, the melodies and music just aren't that good. 

100% you didn't listen to the album.

12 hours ago, Kim Jongin said:

This is one of the albums where Madonna doesn't try to have hits. Like seriously I don't see any of these songs being played on the radio they're too experimental. Maybe Faz Gustoso and Bitch I'm Loca are the only comercial songs and even then only in Europe or Latin America. 

Like all the songs are obviously inspired by her living in Lisbon...How does this scream trying to stay relevant and not MDNA with its electronic songs that were popular at the time or Rebel Heart with the desperate Bitch I'm Madonna, the epitome of being desperate to have a hit and be in with the kids.

If she releases Faz Gostoso and Bitch I'm Loca as singles, then it would be pretty much the same case as with BIM. oprah14 

12 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

You've highlighted exactly why I don't like the album. It's too experimental ... And just feels like a messy blend of too many different genres. Like I said, I wanted POP music. That's what I expect from Madonna. 

Madame X isn't really experimental overall. There are like a few edgy songs. Most of the songs are moody, but some people are delusional and think that is experimental. jj3 Actually there are a lot of pop songs here, which are straightforward. Crazy, Come Alive... eve1 

10 hours ago, Venom said:

Some of y'all are really lying to yourselves and trying to convince yourselves an album with lyrics like "That's why I don't smoke that dope!", "I'll be Africa if Africa is shut down", "Bitch me gusta", etc. isn't a whole mess jj3

Yes, it has messy lyrics. oprah14 

Madame X ... Is definitely Madonna's worst album. The concept is cute, but poorly executed. The features are try hard and awful... To me it just sounds like Madonna trying to be something she's not. It just doesn't pass for a Madonna album. Alot of people trashed MDNA. I enjoyed it. Alot of people trashed RH. I thought it was her best effort in years. This? This feels like the culmination of what everybody has been saying since Hard Candy and MDNA. She's trying to hard, she's trying to stay relevant, etc. This just feels so inauthentic. I expect POP music from Madonna... Not faux Pop with trap and hip hop beats and collabs with practically every new "relevant" rapper.

This isn't classic Madonna anymore. Nobody should expect a masterpiece or another album that could be one of her best. eve1 

Since HC we are getting albums with features, cringe lyrics and some "fun" generic songs. jj3 

Brit is a pop star making bops, simple and plain. Madonna is REALLY trying it with her "deep messages" with the subtlety of a sledgehammer and eyeroll inducing, cringey platitudes that reek of desperation to remain relevant. The whole album is a snoozefest and just very disappointing to me, considering I loved so much of her previous work. Such a shame.

PS I stan Bjork, you know, a REAL artist with critical acclaim. Madonna should stop trying to be deep and artsy the way she's doing it, and do something genuine instead.

And Madonna isn't a real artist with critical acclaim? um1 Madonna was deep and artsy in the past. Madonna isn't an ordinary pop star who makes music without substance. jj3 

Spill that scalding hot tea sis! I want more GENUINE tracks from her, everything in this album feels so forced and try-hard, and some of the lyrics are super cringe worthy. Like girl, we know you want to talk about all these deep and serious subjects like poverty, gay rights, rape, oppression, racism, etc., but she really doesn't have much of anything unique or new to say about these topics IMO. And at the end of the day, the melodies and music just aren't that good. 

I don't think all songs are try-hard, it is just that some songs are very boring and repetitive. eve1 

13 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Both are faves of mine.

Mariah put out the better album. It's more critically acclaimed, and some of her best work in years. It has BOPS (A No No, The Distance) and it doesn't have any filler tracks. Madame X ... Is definitely Madonna's worst album. The concept is cute, but poorly executed. The features are try hard and awful... To me it just sounds like Madonna trying to be something she's not. It just doesn't pass for a Madonna album. Alot of people trashed MDNA. I enjoyed it. Alot of people trashed RH. I thought it was her best effort in years. This? This feels like the culmination of what everybody has been saying since Hard Candy and MDNA. She's trying to hard, she's trying to stay relevant, etc. This just feels so inauthentic. I expect POP music from Madonna... Not faux Pop with trap and hip hop beats and collabs with practically every new "relevant" rapper.

Caution as a whole was a way more commercial album than Madame X. :) Collaborating with new people isn't try-harding, things change, music industry change, collabs exist in almost every album by big artists nowadays, just check every FOTP fave latest album and you will see it. The "she's trying to hard to stay relevant" excuse when Madonna does it, just makes you look deluded and nothing else, anyone who uses that excuse looks deluded now.

Just accept the fact that you don't like the album and move on. You can keep screaming "she's trying to hard" but besides 2-3 songs the album is one of her least commercial albums. She did what she wanted to do, she tried new things, she tried new sounds that you probably don't like cause you're used to something else, simple.

Spoiler

Not faux Pop with trap and hip hop beats and collabs with practically every new "relevant" rapper.

FYI Caution had 3-4 collabs withs rappers too, proving that the "she's trying too hard" excuse... was indeed just an easy excuse. knit1Plus i don't think the features are much involved to her albums, especially this one, they just get what she gives them. knit1

12 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Thank you for explaining exactly what was stuck at the back of my mind. Tea has been served. rav3

Caution as a whole was a way more commercial album than Madame X, x2.

sass1

You've highlighted exactly why I don't like the album. It's too experimental ... And just feels like a messy blend of too many different genres. Like I said, I wanted POP music. That's what I expect from Madonna. I'm not denying MDNA and RH didn't have cringy moments. LMFAO and Bitch I'm Madonna were both cringgeeeee. I just enjoyed those albums alot better, and they had more of a pop sound.

So your "she's trying to stay relevant" excuse would make more sense right? Idk then, maybe stop stanning Madonna cause she's trying new things/sounds since the beginning of her career?

brit7

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

100% you didn't listen to the album.

They come and say that MX is a commercial album and that she tries hard when songs like Dark Ballet, God Control, Batuka, Killers Who Are Partying, Extreme Occident are on it. Srsl i can't understand them.

lol3

42 minutes ago, Madame X said:

They come and say that MX is a commercial album and that she tries hard when songs like Dark Ballet, God Control, Batuka, Killers Who Are Partying, Extreme Occident are on it. Srsl i can't understand them.

lol3

ikr lol2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.