Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Caution vs Madame X: Reviews!

1 hour ago, The One Beyond All said:

Metacritic's user score:

Madame X - 9.2 (highest score OF ALL TIME)

Caution - 8.4 

aretha1

Who gives a fuck about user score on Metacritic dead1 

1 hour ago, Urbanov said:

Who gives a fuck about user score on Metacritic dead1 

critics have been very unfair towards some of Madonna best albums (erotica, AL, HC). The Rolling Stones for instance gave bad review of Erotica and some years later they changed mind and rate it as one of the best albums of all time. So who knows maybe they'll change  opinion this time too. MX is experimental and different from what critics are used to listen. It is not fast food, but a meal that must be degustated by taking your time. What matters to me is that the gp can still relate with Madonna's work. More people enjoying it, the better. Fuck the critics, music is subjective.

12 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

Metacritic's user score:

Madame X - 9.2 (highest score OF ALL TIME)

Caution - 8.4 

aretha1

User score is about as irrelevant as you are on this forum.

The only users giving either albums bad scores are trolls from other stan bases. For a start you have a user called "devilpray" (Clearly a Madonna stan) giving Caution a 0 score and claiming it's just more of her recycled 90s stuff (Clearly not true). It's the exact same if you look at user reviews on MadameX, it's only trolls who give it lower scores. 

Critic scores are far more reliable.

35 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

The only users giving either albums bad scores are trolls from other stan bases. For a start you have a user called "devilpray" (Clearly a Madonna stan) giving Caution a 0 score and claiming it's just more of her recycled 90s stuff (Clearly not true). It's the exact same if you look at user reviews on MadameX, it's only trolls who give it lower scores. 

And yet Madame X managed to get the highest user score of all time. You see I'm well aware of trolls, but what matters is the overall user score made with many many many different users. Everyone is free to give a 0 and to give a 0 does not necessary equal to be a troll. Take devil pray, for instance, who rated Caution a 0 but at the same time argued in details the reasons behind. You may not agree with his opinion, but still Caution could sound like the same old Mariah shit to him and u should respect his opinion imo. Personally, I cannot tell if devilpray is right or wrong cuz I'd never attempt to listen to Mariah's soporific album in full.

That said, either Mariah got way more "trolls" than Madonna (which is a very deluded option) or overall the gp enjoys way more Madame X than Caution. Seethe. 

Btw, I'm not irrelevant as apparently everyone remembers me. I'm special ig xtina5

38 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

tumblr_ojp01mPtzH1w17dk0o1_500.gif

Iconic, he spilled the tea, 0 lies detected!

13 minutes ago, The One Beyond All said:

And yet Madame X managed to get the highest user score of all time. You see I'm well aware of trolls, but what matters is the overall user score made with many many many different users. Everyone is free to give a 0 and to give a 0 does not necessary equal to be a troll. Take devil pray, for instance, who rated Caution a 0 but at the same time argued in details the reasons behind. You may not agree with his opinion, but still Caution could sound like the same old Mariah shit to him and u should respect his opinion imo. Personally, I cannot tell if devilpray is right or wrong cuz I'd never attempt to listen to Mariah's soporific album in full.

That said, either Mariah got way more "trolls" than Madonna (which is a very deluded option) or overall the gp enjoys way more Madame X than Caution. Seethe. 

Btw, I'm not irrelevant as apparently everyone remembers me. I'm special ig xtina5

Probably because it's the newer album and the trolls haven't fully set in yet. I couldn't care less if devilpray gave a "reason" to give Caution a 0, it was pretty evident they are just a troll who hasn't actually listened to the album. As i say the reason Madonna's score is probably higher is because she has the bigger fan base and the album has only just came out. 

4 minutes ago, Madame X said:

tumblr_ojp01mPtzH1w17dk0o1_500.gif

Iconic, he spilled the tea, 0 lies detected!

I mean it's the truth. rih4

Just now, I Brings That Levity said:

I mean it's the truth. rih4

I was talking about the Metacritic user, skinny legend didn't lie about Caution. lana14 You weren't active that much the last November right? lana14

1 minute ago, Madame X said:

I was talking about the Metacritic user, skinny legend didn't lie about Caution. lana14 You weren't active that much the last November right? lana14

Ohh. brit15moo12mj1 i was pretty active last November. 

10 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

critics have been very unfair towards some of Madonna best albums (erotica, AL, HC). The Rolling Stones for instance gave bad review of Erotica and some years later they changed mind and rate it as one of the best albums of all time. So who knows maybe they'll change  opinion this time too. MX is experimental and different from what critics are used to listen. It is not fast food, but a meal that must be degustated by taking your time. What matters to me is that the gp can still relate with Madonna's work. More people enjoying it, the better. Fuck the critics, music is subjective.

Funny because fossils have been arguing she’s the most critically acclaimed female

artist of our time  lmfao1 

41 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Probably because it's the newer album and the trolls haven't fully set in yet. I couldn't care less if devilpray gave a "reason" to give Caution a 0, it was pretty evident they are just a troll who hasn't actually listened to the album. As i say the reason Madonna's score is probably higher is because she has the bigger fan base and the album has only just came out. 

surely Madonna got more fans, but also more haters. And trust me, Madonna's haters and trolls are more up to date than her own fans. They are the first ones to comment on her YT videos or write vile articles about her latest news. All this love received from users it is very unexpected.

11 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Funny because fossils have been arguing she’s the most critically acclaimed female

artist of our time lmfao1

she's recognized as the best female artist of all time and her catalog is cultural heritage of mankind.

4 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

surely Madonna got more fans, but also more haters. And trust me, Madonna's haters and trolls are more up to date than her own fans. They are the first ones to comment on her YT videos or write vile articles about her latest news. All this love received from users it is very unexpected.

she's recognized as the best female artist of all time and her catalog is cultural heritage of mankind.

The hatred from Madonna's fanbase is greater. Don't. 

@Winnie. look at this masterpiece, Mariah would never !!!

Spoiler

I have a cage
It's called the stage
When I'm let out 
I run about 
And sing and dance and sweat and yell 
I have so many tales to tell 
I like to push things to the edge 
And inch my way along the ledge 
I feel like God, I feel like shit 
The paradox, an even split 
It's just a job, I always say