Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Caution vs Madame X: Reviews!

39 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Both are faves of mine.

Mariah put out the better album. It's more critically acclaimed, and some of her best work in years. It has BOPS (A No No, The Distance) and it doesn't have any filler tracks. Madame X ... Is definitely Madonna's worst album. The concept is cute, but poorly executed. The features are try hard and awful... To me it just sounds like Madonna trying to be something she's not. It just doesn't pass for a Madonna album. Alot of people trashed MDNA. I enjoyed it. Alot of people trashed RH. I thought it was her best effort in years. This? This feels like the culmination of what everybody has been saying since Hard Candy and MDNA. She's trying to hard, she's trying to stay relevant, etc. This just feels so inauthentic. I expect POP music from Madonna... Not faux Pop with trap and hip hop beats and collabs with practically every new "relevant" rapper.

What are you even talking about ? This is one of the albums where Madonna doesn't try to have hits. Like seriously I don't see any of these songs being played on the radio they're too experimental. Maybe Faz Gustoso and Bitch I'm Loca are the only comercial songs and even then only in Europe or Latin America. 

Like all the songs are obviously inspired by her living in Lisbon...How does this scream trying to stay relevant and not MDNA with its electronic songs that were popular at the time or Rebel Heart with the desperate Bitch I'm Madonna, the epitome of being desperate to have a hit and be in with the kids.

What about Dark Ballet and God Control is generic? Just because it has a few hiphop beats doesn't mean she wants hits lmao. It's a perfect blend between hiphop beats and latin music and instrumentals. Also she only had one rapper on the album Quavo so that's not 'practically every relevant rapper lol3

I can't take anyone seriously that says MX is trying desperately to remain relevant while her last 3 albums before it weren't. Get out of here and come up with smth new if you want to justify why MX is badlol3

43 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Both are faves of mine.

Mariah put out the better album. It's more critically acclaimed, and some of her best work in years. It has BOPS (A No No, The Distance) and it doesn't have any filler tracks. Madame X ... Is definitely Madonna's worst album. The concept is cute, but poorly executed. The features are try hard and awful... To me it just sounds like Madonna trying to be something she's not. It just doesn't pass for a Madonna album. Alot of people trashed MDNA. I enjoyed it. Alot of people trashed RH. I thought it was her best effort in years. This? This feels like the culmination of what everybody has been saying since Hard Candy and MDNA. She's trying to hard, she's trying to stay relevant, etc. This just feels so inauthentic. I expect POP music from Madonna... Not faux Pop with trap and hip hop beats and collabs with practically every new "relevant" rapper.

Thank you for explaining exactly what was stuck at the back of my mind. Tea has been served. rav3

4 minutes ago, Kim Jongin said:

What are you even talking about ? This is one of the albums where Madonna doesn't try to have hits. Like seriously I don't see any of these songs being played on the radio they're too experimental. Maybe Faz Gustoso and Bitch I'm Loca are the only comercial songs and even then only in Europe or Latin America. 

Like all the songs are obviously inspired by her living in Lisbon...How does this scream trying to stay relevant and not MDNA with its electronic songs that were popular at the time or Rebel Heart with the desperate Bitch I'm Madonna, the epitome of being desperate to have a hit and be in with the kids.

What about Dark Ballet and God Control is generic? Just because it has a few hiphop beats doesn't mean she wants hits lmao. It's a perfect blend between hiphop beats and latin music and instrumentals. Also she only had one rapper on the album Quavo so that's not 'practically every relevant rapper lol3

I can't take anyone seriously that says MX is trying desperately to remain relevant while her last 3 albums before it weren't. Get out of here and come up with smth new if you want to justify why MX is badlol3

You've highlighted exactly why I don't like the album. It's too experimental ... And just feels like a messy blend of too many different genres. Like I said, I wanted POP music. That's what I expect from Madonna. I'm not denying MDNA and RH didn't have cringy moments. LMFAO and Bitch I'm Madonna were both cringgeeeee. I just enjoyed those albums alot better, and they had more of a pop sound.

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Spill that scalding hot tea sis! I want more GENUINE tracks from her, everything in this album feels so forced and try-hard, and some of the lyrics are super cringe worthy. Like girl, we know you want to talk about all these deep and serious subjects like poverty, gay rights, rape, oppression, racism, etc., but she really doesn't have much of anything unique or new to say about these topics IMO. And at the end of the day, the melodies and music just aren't that good. 

Now you know that what u say in that last sentence is obviously not true. The melodies and instrumentals are the best part of MX. Which other fave has tried to do something as experimental and weird like this??

I like Mariah's music more than Madonna's but let's be honest Mariah played safe on Caution. Which is not a bad thing, Caution is great and easily the best album she had in years. But the instrumental themselves don't really push any boundaries. And again it does not need to it's perfect the way it is.

Idek why Caution and MX are compared when they are clearly in different genres and try to achieve smth different. 

Maybe the lyrics could be better on MX idk but the production and compsition makes up for it. 

12 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Wrong. I appreciated when the last song ended.

ny1

9 minutes ago, The One Beyond All said:

The lyrics on Killers and God Control end careers imo. They get the message straight to the point and are ballsy. Not many singers would dare to say those things, but

EVERYONE KNOWS THE DAMN TRUTH and it's time to wake up wake wake up wake up wake up. mess1

Music may be the best tool to the help humanity to wake up and Madonna is doing her part. In this album she delivered bangers that got nothing to envy to Hung Up or Vogue. Top 5 Madonna's albums, if you clean ur ears. kylie6

The effort is cute and the message is good, but the music sucks and the lyrics are trite and superficial. At least she tried eve1 

3 minutes ago, Kim Jongin said:

Now you know that what u say in that last sentence is obviously not true. The melodies and instrumentals are the best part of MX. Which other fave has tried to do something as experimental and weird like this??

I like Mariah's music more than Madonna's but let's be honest Mariah played safe on Caution. Which is not a bad thing, Caution is great and easily the best album she had in years. But the instrumental themselves don't really push any boundaries. And again it does not need to it's perfect the way it is.

Idek why Caution and MX are compared when they are clearly in different genres and try to achieve smth different. 

Maybe the lyrics could be better on MX idk but the production and compsition makes up for it. 

What's worse than the trite lyrics? The unmemorable melodies, the lack of hooks, the stale production. eve1

Experimental and weird? Bjork? FKA Twigs? Sufjan Stevens? Azealia Banks? Robyn? Grimes? M.I.A.? Janelle Monae? a thousand other artists with actual artistry? eve1 

4 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

You've highlighted exactly why I don't like the album. It's too experimental ... And just feels like a messy blend of too many different genres. Like I said, I wanted POP music. That's what I expect from Madonna. I'm not denying MDNA and RH didn't have cringy moments. LMFAO and Bitch I'm Madonna were both cringgeeeee. I just enjoyed those albums alot better, and they had more of a pop sound.

Then I can see why you wouldn't like this album. But the thing is Madonna has done a lot of pop albums, she can make one experimental album if she wants. Plus she's almost 61 this is the kind of music she should be doing not singing about L.U.V or other things. I think this more mature album is suited for her.

I agree that sometimes the autotune is too much and she has some questionable singing stylistic choices but it's a cohesive album with a vision. 

Better luck with the next albumoprah14

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

ny1

The effort is cute and the message is good, but the music sucks and the lyrics are trite and superficial. At least she tried eve1 

lol the music is experimental and ahead of its time so you maybe stacked in current trends to appreciate it...but still when Faz Gostoso comes to play your ass will beg you to dance trust me! The point is that you got to give the songs a few listens before get into them.  Looking for mercy after the second listening becomes haunting AF and the Indian percussion on Extreme Occident is next-level music contamination. So well executed and mastered, Mirwais legend strikes again. rih14

The lyrics on I Rise and Future are superficial tho but those are the only arguable skips  eve1

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

What's worse than the trite lyrics? The unmemorable melodies, the lack of hooks, the stale production. eve1

Experimental and weird? Bjork? FKA Twigs? Sufjan Stevens? Azealia Banks? Robyn? Grimes? M.I.A.? Janelle Monae? a thousand other artists with actual artistry? eve1 

Oh so I see you're one of those that if a song doesn't have a catchy hook then it's unmemorable and trash. 

Also nobody checking for those girls you listed like that. This sound coming from a main pop girl isn't seen often but go off listen to MDNA it has catchy hooks you like eve1

“Caution excels in every aspect while showcasing a type of musical maturity that can’t be substituted for a dollar tree pirate eye-patch.” - TIME 

Some of y'all are really lying to yourselves and trying to convince yourselves an album with lyrics like "That's why I don't smoke that dope!", "I'll be Africa if Africa is shut down", "Bitch me gusta", etc. isn't a whole mess jj3

34 minutes ago, Venom said:

You clearly didn't catch up the lyrics jj4

Madonna is not saying that she will save Africa but that she will side with Africa and, more generally, she will always side with the ones who are exploited and humiliated. Similar to Jesus Christ, Madonna is standing with the poor people. She's fighting for freedom and she chooses Africa as an example of injustice.  Madonna message is towards human kind to wake about Africa and stop exploiting it, cuz in case you are unaware Africa is still being exploited. Why Madonna's skin color should prevent to spread this message? To say that Madonna cannot share her feelings of solidarity towards Africa only cuz she got white skin is very ignorant. jj3

Both released great albums that the fans enjoy, and in the end that’s what matters. It’s a shame that people like @Sylk pretend to hate their fave’s perceived “rival” in here just to seem cool :) :) 

2 hours ago, Hylia said:

Both released great albums that the fans enjoy, and in the end that’s what matters. It’s a shame that people like @Sylk pretend to hate their fave’s perceived “rival” in here just to seem cool :) :) 

Madge is a to rival to Moo? They couldn't be more different. nicki5

2 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Madge is a to rival to Moo? They couldn't be more different. nicki5

Which is why I wonder why Miss @Sylk stans her in private but then pretends to hate her in public

JsDuYe4.gif

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.