Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Caution vs Madame X: Reviews!

9 minutes ago, Infrared said:

People talking about Madonna being played on the radio lmfao2

Radio is ageist so she could release the best single of her career and they wouldn't touch it. 

Ikr lol3 no one is playing this shit on the radio

1 hour ago, Agent X said:

And Madonna isn't a real artist with critical acclaim? um1 Madonna was deep and artsy in the past. Madonna isn't an ordinary pop star who makes music without substance. jj3 

I don't think all songs are try-hard, it is just that some songs are very boring and repetitive. eve1 

Madonna IS. Which is why this album is so disappointing. Because I love Bedtime stories, Erotica, Ray of Light, COTDF, etc. And this just pales in comparison, but you have stans In here acting like its one of here best albums I can’t brit9 

1 hour ago, Madame X said:

They come and say that MX is a commercial album and that she tries hard when songs like Dark Ballet, God Control, Batuka, Killers Who Are Partying, Extreme Occident are on it. Srsl i can't understand them.

lol3

That was someone else, but her music does have that “hot sound of today”. But I was saying more that she was trying hard with the deep lyrics and fell flat. Dark Ballet is complete trash like lol3 God Control about a serious subject then turns into a dance party lol3 like.............. lol3 

The music and lyrics are awful compared to her past work but the stans have Stan goggles on acting as if she can’t make a single mistake in her career srsly I can’t understand them.  cry4 

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The music and lyrics are awful compared to her past work but the stans have Stan goggles on acting as if she can’t make a single mistake in her career srsly I can’t understand them.  cry4 

That's just not true, lol. 'MDNA' was panned by the fan base (even though I personally like it) and 'Rebel Heart' received mixed reactions (even though I think it's a straight up bad album).

32 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I did but ok bey8 

Maybe as background music, I find it extremely challenging to believe you listened to the album. Your opinion is just... not genuine. I mean, you just straight up lied 

- Not offering a unique perspective on serious issues: (God Control, Killers Who Are Partying, Batuka) and I don't buy that "omg its a serious song why its becoming a dance song!!" opinion, for fucks sake, you stan Björk and you don't have the sensibility to comprehend irony and aesthetic decisions?

- Not being genuine: (Extreme Occident, Looking For Mercy, I Don't Search I Find, Come Alive) those are like her most effortlessly genuine songs since American Life.

She (I don't want to say brilliantly, because that's subjective) interestingly takes on topics such as The Frankfurt School Perspective, the idea of an isolated culture, the paradoxical human experience etc but suddenly she's not giving us anything new? Lol, this is literally uncharted territory for Pop music, period. 

It just seems like you're context blind to this album, and it's easily her most "meta" album yet, which is a feat within itself. Just ironic (and sad) really that you stan such great artists and then turn the blind eye for Madonna.

I enjoy Madame X but this album really isn't MUCH better than MDNA. The lyrics and vocal processing on most songs is trash. The only good thing this album has is some of its production. But overall, the songwriting is probably among the very worst of her whole career. jj1 

I think her fans just stan it because it's literally gay as fuck and not as "trend-hopping" as some of her previous music. Still, the overall delivery is not that excellent. People were mad she collabed with Diplo and Avicii and were already hating on Rebel Heart before they even heard any of it.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

That was someone else, but her music does have that “hot sound of today”. But I was saying more that she was trying hard with the deep lyrics and fell flat. Dark Ballet is complete trash like lol3 God Control about a serious subject then turns into a dance party lol3 like.............. lol3 

She made a mistake with MDNA. brit7 The production of MX is great, the lyrics are decent, i actually think the lyrics in some songs are her most interesting in years. brit7 Define the "hot sound of today" on Extreme Occident, Dark Ballet, Killers and Batuka pls. brit7 I don't hear very often songs like then. brit7 I can say that for I Don't Seach I Find and God Control too. brit7

32 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I enjoy Madame X but this album really isn't MUCH better than MDNA. The lyrics and vocal processing on most songs is trash. The only good thing this album has is some of its production. But overall, the songwriting is probably among the very worst of her whole career. jj1 

I think her fans just stan it because it's literally gay as fuck and not as "trend-hopping" as some of her previous music. Still, the overall delivery is not that excellent. People were mad she collabed with Diplo and Avicii and were already hating on Rebel Heart before they even heard any of it.

Members above are dragging MX for the collabs too. And there's not gay music, i can't find anything "gay" on the record. dead4

50 minutes ago, Jjang said:

That's just not true, lol. 'MDNA' was panned by the fan base (even though I personally like it) and 'Rebel Heart' received mixed reactions (even though I think it's a straight up bad album).

Maybe as background music, I find it extremely challenging to believe you listened to the album. Your opinion is just... not genuine. I mean, you just straight up lied 

- Not offering a unique perspective on serious issues: (God Control, Killers Who Are Partying, Batuka) and I don't buy that "omg its a serious song why its becoming a dance song!!" opinion, for fucks sake, you stan Björk and you don't have the sensibility to comprehend irony and aesthetic decisions?

- Not being genuine: (Extreme Occident, Looking For Mercy, I Don't Search I Find, Come Alive) those are like her most effortlessly genuine songs since American Life.

She (I don't want to say brilliantly, because that's subjective) interestingly takes on topics such as The Frankfurt School Perspective, the idea of an isolated culture, the paradoxical human experience etc but suddenly she's not giving us anything new? Lol, this is literally uncharted territory for Pop music, period. 

It just seems like you're context blind to this album, and it's easily her most "meta" album yet, which is a feat within itself. Just ironic (and sad) really that you stan such great artists and then turn the blind eye for Madonna.

True about MDNA but that shit sucked through and through brit10 it’s the Britney Jean of her catalogue. 

I DID listen to the album, not as in-depth as a Stan would, but as any new album that comes out by a fave. She has a weird mix of trendy tracks with Latin beats, Latin singers / rappers, raggaeton and Auto tune, which can be passable (Faz Gostoso and Bitch I’m Loca are my favorites thus far but it literally is because of Anita and Maluma, both tracks have very little Madonna vibe and almost entirely in Spanish) but in general they are lacking memorable melodies or hooks in those. None of those more radio-friendly tracks hold a candle to her best like Hung Up or Like a Virgin or Ray of Light, etc. 

Then the other side of it is a bunch of odd “deep” tracks that are supposed to be what you’re claiming to be “interesting takes” on topics but to me the lyrics are cringe worthy sometimes....

People think that I’m insane
The only gun is in my brain
Each new birth, it gives me hope
That’s why I don’t smoke that dope
Insane people think I am
Brain inside my only friend
Hope it gives me birth each new
That dope I don’t smoke, it’s truelol3

'll be Africa, if Africa is shut down
I will be poor, if the poor are humiliated
And I'll be a child, if the children are exploited” oh soooo deep and interesting lol3 

And don’t get me started on that cheesy electro-Nutcracker shit lol3 

It doesn’t feel genuine to me, partially due to the combination of Latin music and rap collaborators mixed with supposedly serious topics. It feels forced, and the overall sonics are not nearly as captivating as her past work. Plus, the auto tune sucks. She needs to stop. brit10 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

God Control about a serious subject then turns into a dance party lol3 like.............. lol3 

That's the best thing about it. How many songs do you know that make you dance while thinking about serious political issues? It's simply unique and brilliant and it's superior to Hung Up in every aspect. You like COADF probably cuz it was commercially successfully and critically acclaimed and you just buy all that. However, COADF got many songs  with superficial and trite lyrics like I Love New York, Push, Get Together and Like It or Not. Madame X is way more deep and daring in the lyrics and it got more bops and its sound is more innovative. xtina6

1 minute ago, The One Beyond All said:

That's the best thing about it. How many songs do you know that make you dance while thinking about serious political issues? It's simply unique and brilliant and it's superior to Hung Up in every aspect. You like COADF probably cuz it was commercially successfully and critically acclaimed and you just buy all that. However, COADF got many songs  with superficial and trite lyrics like I Love New York, Push, Get Together and Like It or Not. Madame X is way more deep and daring in the lyrics and it got more bops and its sound is more innovative. xtina6

I cringed when the dance party started. Unique, sure. Brilliant? No. Difference of opinion, live with it.  xtina6

Also i love Push’s sound and Get Together is one of my favorites from the album. Madam X is trying to be deep but it’s not to me. xtina6

Just now, The One Beyond All said:

It's brilliant to wake up people on what matters while dancing but go off xtina6

That’s dumb xtina6

and the song just sounds bad too xtina6

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

'll be Africa, if Africa is shut down

I will be poor, if the poor are humiliated
And I'll be a child, if the children are exploited” oh soooo deep and interesting lol3 

And don’t get me started on that cheesy electro-Nutcracker shit lol3

Stop with this "deep" mess, i cringe. lol3 She sympathizes with minorities around the world, that's it, those are the lyrics, simple af, isn't hard to get it, she gives the message she wants to give, she doesn't want to look smart or intelligent. The lyrics in Killers Who Are Partying can't be more simple than that, and give the message she wants to give, where's the try-harding exactly?

lol3

And the electro-Nutcracker part is inspired by the soundtrack of the Clockword Orange, which mixes classical music with electronic music. A praised soundtrack from an even more praised and iconic film.

ny12lol3

22 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Stop with this "deep" mess, i cringe. lol3 She sympathizes with minorities around the world, that's it, those are the lyrics, simple af, isn't hard to get it, she gives the message she wants to give, she doesn't want to look smart or intelligent. The lyrics in Killers Who Are Partying can't be more simple than that, and give the message she wants to give, where's the try-harding exactly?

lol3

And the electro-Nutcracker part is inspired by the soundtrack of the Clockword Orange, which mixes classical music with electronic music. A praised soundtrack from an even more praised and iconic film.

ny12lol3

So we’re both cringing now lol3 She’s talking about serious subjects so I expect some depth to her lyrics. I didn’t find any lol3 

Clockwork orange is a great film, but great reference doesn’t make good music. lol3 I can’t listen to that track without the biggest urge to hit skip.

19 minutes ago, Madame X said:

@Vesper what's your opinion about Till Death Do Us Part btw? xtina3

What’s that? brit10 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.