Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

We love Katy again. Surprised?

4 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

It's literally not even a day old bey4 

This song could go either way tbh bey4

That's 100% true but just from the initial reaction alone; no Katy song has gathered such overwhelmingly positive feedback since like Roar. I personally never thought we'd see that day coming, did you? bey4 First days were no longer a thing for Katy sadly, did 365 even reach top 10 in any major market? So having a "strong first day" is already an achievement for her current standards. kesha4

Just now, Jjang said:

That's 100% true but just from the initial reaction alone; no Katy song has gathered such overwhelmingly positive feedback since like Roar. I personally never thought we'd see that day coming, did you? bey4

I did bey4 

I never fully cancelled her. Witness was her flop moment, everyone has ones, KP5 will decide whether it was just a phase or are people really over her bey4

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

I did bey4 

I never fully cancelled her. Witness was her flop moment, everyone has ones, KP5 will decide whether it was just a phase or are people really over her bey4

KP5 is not coming anytime soon gaga1 She's clearly releasing stand - alones to keep her name afloat in the industry while working on settling with her new husband.

Not surprised as well. She got that 2010-2013 energy back in this one. Never Really Over definitely is sharing similar vibe with her other hits ( especially that catchy and dance-tinged chorus ). And even though I enjoy 365, this seems like her best single since probably Chained to the Rhythm

No, people have been shitting on her for literally no apparent reason. Witness era was messy but still serves better music, aesthetics, performances and music videos than some pop girls who are supposedly saving pop music. eve1

365 still deserved much more praise, I don't care what any of y'all have to say. 

i'm honestly shocked. wasn't even expecting it to break the top 5 on itunes us and i know it's early days but tbh this is successful given her career right now. she fell off SO HARD during the witness era and did some stupid and questionable musical and physical decisions.

this song and chorus has a certain energy to it which made people fall in love with her all those years before and the song is great musically, from a pop perspective. it's pretty "good" lyrically too bar a few lines and it's super relatable which is resonating with audiences. the video is probs her best since the td era besides maybe chained and bon appetit. 

i think she can get a top 15 debut in most music markets and tbh this would be v good for her lmfao

Yes wig, yes katy lmfao1

I love the positive reception and even if it under-performs, I'm glad that it's erasing the witness image and the incessant hate train. At first I thought this was a horrendous idea, but I think people are beginning to miss bright, euphoric pop songs. And it's definitely much more relatable than her previous singles which helps. kylie6 Also, gays and critics love carly rae-eqsue synth-pop, so she should do more to win back her fanbase and get that 70+ MC album! 

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

avatar1.png.a245b2f04fc1e262a35b8e709f2d

It really shows how important image is for pop stars nn. I appreciate her short hair sometimes but in a way that cut really is associated with breakdowns nnn

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.