Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

We love Katy again. Surprised?

Recommended Posts

Umbreon 4,695
7 minutes ago, Madonna said:

But you do? Okay Pendulum stan! ny4 

You sound like a clueless label executive who would pick the most plain and basic-ass song as singles only because they feature a rent-a-rapper or sound like everything else. I'm sure you're also one of those Britney stans that think DYWCO would have done well on the charts. Your opinion is invalid, tyvm. ny14 

Besides, where did I even claim she should have released singles that were mainstream for good charting positions? I said the opposite.

Nothing would have done EXTREMELY well on the charts. But that wasn't her biggest problem at that time. Her biggest problem was her cringe-worthy image. That, along with the inconsistency in imagery, the false representation of the album through the singles and the embarrassingly childish videos and performances. Witness was the point in her career where she finally could have embraced a more mature image and she would have definitely earned more acclaim if that were the case. The problem was that she was pretending to release mature music but was still going for the same old and tired comedy shit she has been doing since the beginning of her career. What she forgot was the fact that her core audience has matured and she should have matured with them but instead she was stuck in the past.

So yeah, I win you lose. Now go offline and listen to Delishit by Hitlor Swift, who is about to have her least-successful era (due to the very same reasons Witness flopped).

tiffany_pollard_4.gif?w=392&quality=85&s

Katy is known for sugary pop songs and her boobs. People aren’t here for her artistry. People take Gaga seriously for art in pop, but not Katy. THAT, yes, combined with her awful image choice, involvement in politics, cringey performances, and lack of catchy hooks, made her fail. xtina11 

This site is 90% arguing about chart positions? We don’t care what you thought would be best artistically. Katy is one artist the GP will NEVER be here for her artistically. Kudos to her for trying but it’s not the mold for her. The one time Katy was artistically mature in sound and imagery and it SHOULD’VE worked was Unconditionally cuz it was done right but they still weren’t here for it.  xtina11 

Yeah honey, you sure “won” fall4  brit10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov 47,744

The essays about era that’s long gone dead2 like what’s the point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna 40,975
1 hour ago, Umbreon said:

Katy is known for sugary pop songs and her boobs. People aren’t here for her artistry. People take Gaga seriously for art in pop, but not Katy. THAT, yes, combined with her awful image choice, involvement in politics, cringey performances, and lack of catchy hooks, made her fail. xtina11 

This site is 90% arguing about chart positions? We don’t care what you thought would be best artistically. Katy is one artist the GP will NEVER be here for her artistically. Kudos to her for trying but it’s not the mold for her. The one time Katy was artistically mature in sound and imagery and it SHOULD’VE worked was Unconditionally cuz it was done right but they still weren’t here for it.  xtina11 

Yeah honey, you sure “won” fall4  brit10

Is that why The Fame, her allegedly "basic" album is her most successful and why the GP wasn't here for her during her oh so artistic ARTPOP or Joanne? ny4 You keep contradicting yourself, sweetie. Most people didn't care for Gaga or her vocals until she decided to abandon her pop persona and go AC. Shallow is literally the only thing she's done in years that has been successful and that is simply because it's an AC country ballad from a remake of classic movie that had a HUGE promo campaign set up for it. 

Who THE FUCK cares if the GP would have been here for her artistically. I don't fucking talk about the GP because I don't give a shit about whether my faves do well on the charts. I want them to deliver quality stuff and Witness had the potential but they went for formula A and that was to release all the trashy songs that featured rent-a-rappers. Witness saw Katy evolve artistically from the basic-ass pop girl she was during TD-Prism and THAT is what should have been the #1 priority cause pop girls weren't doing well that year anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agugaga 1,583
3 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Your fave desperately went to Max Martin for Lotus and not even he could make a song a hit for her. That’s how hard your fave flops when even Max can’t save her ny2 

 

And Britney stopped using Max Martin and has been flopping ever since. Oop. ny2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Umbreon 4,695
28 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

And Britney stopped using Max Martin and has been flopping ever since. Oop. ny2 

Work Bitch would’ve been the start of no Max Martin and is #12 with platinum certification. Make Me also went platinum without Max. But you wouldn’t know what that’s like considering the Bubbling Under is your new standard nat1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Umbreon 4,695
1 hour ago, Madonna said:

Is that why The Fame, her allegedly "basic" album is her most successful and why the GP wasn't here for her during her oh so artistic ARTPOP or Joanne? ny4 You keep contradicting yourself, sweetie. Most people didn't care for Gaga or her vocals until she decided to abandon her pop persona and go AC. Shallow is literally the only thing she's done in years that has been successful and that is simply because it's an AC country ballad from a remake of classic movie that had a HUGE promo campaign set up for it. 

Who THE FUCK cares if the GP would have been here for her artistically. I don't fucking talk about the GP because I don't give a shit about whether my faves do well on the charts. I want them to deliver quality stuff and Witness had the potential but they went for formula A and that was to release all the trashy songs that featured rent-a-rappers. Witness saw Katy evolve artistically from the basic-ass pop girl she was during TD-Prism and THAT is what should have been the #1 priority cause pop girls weren't doing well that year anyway.

Since this is a hard concept to grasp for you, let’s try again... nat1 

The Fame IS the equivalent of your cliché “mainstream pop.” Sex, love, dancing, and fame. BUT, the difference is that she executed it with top-notch creativity. The costumes were iconic, the videos were intricate, and the performances were fucking masterpieces (2009’s Paparazzi at the VMA’s). gaga13 

ARTPOP was trying to be the same but was sloppy execution. Her walking in fields naked, vomiting on people in performances, questionable collaborations, her being TOO self-confident, not letting the art speak for itself, but forcing people to see it as art... it’s similar to how Katy tried showing off Witness as more artistic and “woke pop” yet every performance and style choice, just like ARTPOP, only added to the disaster. lj1 

Also, Shallow/Joanne was needed to clear her messy persona from ARTPOP. It’s called “course correction.” Katy is doing the same now by releasing her new song which she knows is safer pop music and a cleaner image. This is all too difficult for you to grasp though. ny12 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jjang said:

She picked the best possible singles for Witness. Get over it. She flopped ‘cause of bad image association and terrible timing. People never wanted Katy to try hard, that’s the point. I guess she understands now that her effortlessness is what makes her smash, no one wanted to listen to Katy talking about serious issues, certainly not like that - nor does her brand correlate with her live streaming a fucking meeting with a notorious philosopher. Even though I thought all of that was epic and think the GP are stupid. But it is what it is. That era is over, she’s smashing now, horray!

I don't think she had a bad image. She was just being normal, without try-harding or being obsessed with her image and her attitude etc, she had some cringe moments but that wasn't the reason Witness flopped. She actually seemed very happy during that era, if the GP wants pop girls to look like idk, divas, with sassy, mean attitude, that shades everyone, and wear flawless outfits 24/7, that's their problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oblivia 2,935
23 hours ago, AGNTEA said:

Mind Maze is the key Centre of Witness though and fits so well with what happened to her through that Era. It needs to stay on that album - Paired with a dystopian music video Katy being a robot/human hybrid, similar to ET/365! Also hated miss you more for over a year but now I think it’s cute. Bigger Than Me, Swish, Into Me You See can go though 

It's universally hated, and for good reason! See the witness ranking thread sass1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vesper 4,966
17 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Yassss! You better stan the modern day Max Martin produced pop star! Except this one actually has drive and doesn’t lip synch so no wonder it took you a minute to pull out your stan card. cry1

 

And I agree I like 365, Con Calma and this song too. I also liked all the singles off Witness. But it doesn’t mean they are hits. 

 

16 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Your fave desperately went to Max Martin for Lotus and not even he could make a song a hit for her. That’s how hard your fave flops when even Max can’t save her ny2 

 

The IMMEDIATE CLAPBACK ny1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oblivia 2,935
Agugaga 1,583
18 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Work Bitch would’ve been the start of no Max Martin and is #12 with platinum certification. Make Me also went platinum without Max. But you wouldn’t know what that’s like considering the Bubbling Under is your new standard nat1 

“Just a fool” outsold both and it wasn’t even released as a single. The power of talent even with no radio deal and label backing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vesper 4,966
6 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

“Just a fool” outsold both and it wasn’t even released as a single. The power of talent even with no radio deal and label backing. 

Just a Fool" is a duet recorded by American singer songwriters Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton for Aguilera's seventh studio album, Lotus (2012). The track was written by Claude KellyWayne Hector, and its producer Steve Robson. "Just a Fool" was sent to contemporary hit and hot adult contemporaryradio stations in the United States by RCA Records as the second and final single from the album on December 4, 2012. The song is a country pop ballad which discusses the pain of a break-up. It is also Aguilera's first country song.”

 

Um eve1 

 

also JAF has 1.3 mill in US on digital sales, most likely much lower WW considering it’s a country song with no certs outside of gold in US. Meanwhile, WB is platinum in US with minimum of 1 million sales, and hundreds of thousands of certified sales in countries around the world, including 900,000 in Denmark alone, so..... brit10 

 

And libération failed to chart on any major US charts. So what were you saying about the power of talent even with no radio deal and label backing? ny1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Umbreon 4,695
16 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

“Just a fool” outsold both and it wasn’t even released as a single. The power of talent even with no radio deal and label backing. 

You claim to be a Fighter and don’t even know what songs from your fave’s albums were singles. But I guess her albums are dead on arrival so it’s hard to imagine anything past one song rip3 

Also, no... it’s Gold... and hasn’t outsold either. Try again. nat1 

Region Certification Certified units/Sales
United States (RIAA)[50] Gold 802,000

*sales figures based on certification alone
^shipments figures based on certification alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Katy is keeping steady on all platforms, maybe we can snatch that Top 10 debut next week!

I'm happy for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harry 2,020

Future top 3 hit. Calling it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×