Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Phoebe

"Bionic" turns 9

600x600bf.png

Christina Aguilera's Bionic was released exactly 9 years ago, on June 4th, 2010. Inspired by Aguilera's taste for electronic music, Bionic is characterized as an electropop, futurepop and R&B album. Its first half consists of electronic songs incorporating synthesizers and electronic beats, while the second half displays a balladic production. The album's main themes include sex and post-feminism. It spawned 2 singles: Not Myself Tonight and You Lost Me. To date, Bionic has sold over 1 million copes worldwide.

But wow, what a moment... moo13 You better stream it rats moo13

3 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

With a more refined tracklist this could be a killer album. 

True moo13 She should've cut Elastic Dick, Cum for Breakfast and I Am from the tracklist. moo13 An amazing album nonetheless tho.

1 hour ago, Phoebe Halliwell said:

True moo13 She should've cut Elastic Dick, Cum for Breakfast and I Am from the tracklist. moo13 An amazing album nonetheless tho.

Elastic Love and Sex for Breakfast are literally trinity songs get sum ear aids

I'll never forget how this was of the most illegally downloaded albums of 2010. People were perched for Xtina but joined the bandwagon to **** on her. It's a shame because the album really is ambitious, has bops, has emotion, and has some timeless tracks ("Birds of Prey", "Elastic Love", "Monday Morning" and the ballads)

Fighters MUST do something special for its 10th anniversary next year. A WW Twitter trend, #1 on some digital/music platform, comment spam, etc.

Amazing album, often switches in being my favourite of hers - Probably her most intriguing and underrated release. The artwork is on another level. 

Its criminal how Woo Hoo didn’t get an official release and video. 

I must admit that I don't like some of the songs ( elastic love, my girls, bobblehead) but the album is cohesive. I love the performance of LMU and I wish she would sing it again on the X tour or sth. It's a shame that the era didn't last longer and the hatae that X got in 2010 was totally undeserved. I'd love to see the Bionic Tour concept she had because I'm sure she was thinking of something great. At that time she was definitely ready to come back and wanted to change the game. 

8 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

I must admit that I don't like some of the songs ( elastic love, my girls, bobblehead) but the album is cohesive. I love the performance of LMU and I wish she would sing it again on the X tour or sth. It's a shame that the era didn't last longer and the hatae that X got in 2010 was totally undeserved. I'd love to see the Bionic Tour concept she had because I'm sure she was thinking of something great. At that time she was definitely ready to come back and wanted to change the game. 

I feel like Bionic was the last time we've seen X's drive and passion and that she was enjoying making music. Since the start of the Burlesque promo the drive has disappeared and never came back. Nowadays it seems like making music and performing is a chore for her.ari6

5 hours ago, Kim Jongin said:

I feel like Bionic was the last time we've seen X's drive and passion and that she was enjoying making music. Since the start of the Burlesque promo the drive has disappeared and never came back. Nowadays it seems like making music and performing is a chore for her.ari6

Liberation says hi!

undefined

2 hours ago, Pawn said:

Liberation says hi!

undefined

Liberation is a good album but it tries to be a Stripped 2.0 and it fails. If she had the creativity and passion she had 2002-2010 it will have probably been a better album. 

And let's not talk about the tour, the Liberation tour wouldn't hold a candle to the Bionic tour ny5

31 minutes ago, Kim Jongin said:

Liberation is a good album but it tries to be a Stripped 2.0 and it fails. If she had the creativity and passion she had 2002-2010 it will have probably been a better album. 

And let's not talk about the tour, the Liberation tour wouldn't hold a candle to the Bionic tour ny5

Your ears shall grow in time my dear. 

3 hours ago, Pawn said:

Your ears shall grow in time my dear. 

Grow ears? I liberally said Liberation is a good album it just could've been better. It look like maybe you should grow some eyes. 

If you honestly think that Liberation, an album she took 6 years to put out and then gave up on it 3 days after release SCREAMS drive then you're a bit deluded lol3 If anything she has more drive now with the residency and the X tour than last year. lol3

19 hours ago, Kim Jongin said:

When she started the promo campaign for Liberation I felt like it would be her first full era in 12 years with more than 2 music videos and with more than 3 performances aired on american TV but I was damn wrong. I feel like she just doesn't enjoy being an artists anymore. A bit of the passion she had came back since she embarked on the liberation tour, is currently doing the residency ad is coming to Europe this summer and fall but I feel like the main reason she decided to have 3 tours in 2 years is money. I mean, performing is a great fun for her and it's visible but still she was more excited during the B2B tour and definitely more involved when it came to choreography

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.