Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kirjava

Pro footage from "The Xperience" opening night

The production looks great but it kind of annoys me that she is just standing or walking during so many fast songs.

Your Body, Not Myself tonight, Cant hold us down, Aint no other Man, Candyman, Wohoo, Bionic, Accelerate, FTM, Let there be love and she is SITTING during a huge chunk of Dirrty.

Im not expecting her to be Beyonce or have every second choreographed but she could have had a little armography for Your Body and some choreo during NMT ESPECIALLY the final seconds where the drums kick in. Aint no other man and Candyman she is doing her same old choreo but hal assed and not fully.

Come on Girl you can do better.

23 hours ago, COOKIES said:

The production looks great but it kind of annoys me that she is just standing or walking during so many fast songs.

[...]

Come on Girl you can do better.

Okay, I actually agree on the last sentence ;-) - but I kinda see some things a little different, maybe (?) ....bebe1

1) The production is NOT great: The stage looks empty to me in so many settings - probably in any setting except for Maria! She just has a huge LED screen. That's it! This "TV" is supposed to  make up for some actual stage technique. (I don't expect the kinda show Brit was doing, but yeah

I she had a better production she could be singing properly still & not just be "walking" the stage. 

23 hours ago, Kim Jongin said:

This pro footage does make the show look better and hides all her mishaps like standing and doing nothing for uptempo songs and dodging notes 

2) The doging notes thing: She really sounded hoarse during the interviews - I hope she's fine! She even cut the iconic "Dirrty belt" short - I am concerned actually. And yeah, even in Maria - she lowered the C#5-chorus which took a huge toll to the song, I think. Reflection worked fine with the head voice / falsetto instead of belting out the E5 - but being able to hit that E5 made her getting that Song for Mulan in 1999 - so she actually should hit it properly... honestly speaking. xtina1bummer1

3) There's not any song showing her full vocal potential. Just similiar to Liberation Tour which had a proper version of Maria back then. xtina11

This show looks incredible.

I honestly don't see the complaints y'all are making at all? The stage is nice and interactive, the themes are eye catching, the outfits slay, and she sounds incredible? Yes she's dodging some notes but I would hope she does in order to preserve her voice. My only complaint is that too many songs are made into medleys. For instance "Your Body" should be performed fully.

1 hour ago, Anita said:

Okay, I actually agree on the last sentence ;-) - but I kinda see some things a little different, maybe (?) ....bebe1

1) The production is NOT great: The stage looks empty to me in so many settings - probably in any setting except for Maria! She just has a huge LED screen. That's it! This "TV" is supposed to  make up for some actual stage technique. (I don't expect the kinda show Brit was doing, but yeah

I she had a better production she could be singing properly still & not just be "walking" the stage. 

2) The doging notes thing: She really sounded hoarse during the interviews - I hope she's fine! She even cut the iconic "Dirrty belt" short - I am concerned actually. And yeah, even in Maria - she lowered the C#5-chorus which took a huge toll to the song, I think. Reflection worked fine with the head voice / falsetto instead of belting out the E5 - but being able to hit that E5 made her getting that Song for Mulan in 1999 - so she actually should hit it properly... honestly speaking. xtina1bummer1

3) There's not any song showing her full vocal potential. Just similiar to Liberation Tour which had a proper version of Maria back then. xtina11

I actually like the stage and the production of the residency Even if it's just a big screen the visuals are amazing and the props she used for these tour are definitely better than the Liberation tour. It's miles better than Britney's stage which I always hated. Her team is so cheap they didn't put any money in it. The stage was too dark, no special effects and the props looked cheap as fuck and some were definitely recycled. And it got even cheaper as the residency went on. I much rather prefer Xtina's stage that's full of color and effects even if it's just one big screen.

Her voice is definitely damaged and idk why cuz she sounded good on the Liberation Tour, I mean she always changed the high notes for Lady Marmalade and Dirrty but now completely skipping them jj4 I hope she'll get better and get her vocal chaps together cuz she doesn't sound very good right now She sounds better on balads but on uptempo songs it's like she just can't be bothered or is too distracted by slapping her dancers asses lol3

1 hour ago, Darlin said:

This show looks incredible.

I honestly don't see the complaints y'all are making at all? The stage is nice and interactive, the themes are eye catching, the outfits slay, and she sounds incredible? Yes she's dodging some notes but I would hope she does in order to preserve her voice. My only complaint is that too many songs are made into medleys. For instance "Your Body" should be performed fully.

I agree with everything else but the fact that she sounds incredible lol3 I get her skipping some notes to preserve her voice but iconic notes like Dirrty and Lady Marmalade? They can't be dodged bcuz the songs sound empty without them At least if she doesnt wanna hit them anymore lipsynch them like she does with Candyman it won't do much damage 

51 minutes ago, Kim Jongin said:

I agree with everything else but the fact that she sounds incredible lol3 I get her skipping some notes to preserve her voice but iconic notes like Dirrty and Lady Marmalade? They can't be dodged bcuz the songs sound empty without them At least if she doesnt wanna hit them anymore lipsynch them like she does with Candyman it won't do much damage 

I agree with this. And yeah that Candyman note is insane lol. Notes like that should always be lipped if performed almost night after night. She already sounded quite hoarse in the interviews these past few days so I hope she's resting well.

She's looking gorgeous and this footage looks great, but the whole standing still and just walking on stage is just... bummer1 giving me recent Mariah live teas - which is fine for her type of music, but in Xtina's case her songs ASK for choreography and an energetic presence... and she's just giving the audience some mannequin challenge tea. Idk, I might be wrong and she might've been nervous or something but well. chi1

Still love the setlist and her looks, hope they make it a record release

7 hours ago, Kim Jongin said:

She performed better on the second night and didn't dodge them, I assume she'll do better on the remaining nights.

17 hours ago, Anita said:

The only nice Section in Britneys Residency was the Jungle section. The rest looked bland and the visuals were cheap and tacky. I love Britney but that show did her discography no justice. With Chrisitna I wasnt expecting much so it was impressive to me. Also there is not a single picture of the pice of me show where the stage looks beautiful, colorful or impressive. Wheras visually there is a lot going on in Christinas pictures.

31~15.jpg77~4.jpg32~14.jpgtumblr_psl3qtAHKu1qbhhnbo1_1280.jpg12~77.jpg29~19.jpgtumblr_pshjvi2eV01s5cnca_1280.jpgtumblr_pshhboQRci1qbhhnbo1_1280.jpgtumblr_psl3rcRcjo1qbhhnbo1_540.jpg

The candy section is also very nice (minus her hideous costume) but I couldnt find a nice pic.

1 hour ago, Madhater said:

Damn, those pics look awesome oprah2 The Maria/Twice setup is absolutely stunning!

yeah. Visually im totally satisfied witht he show. It looks fantastic in pictures

33~11.jpg48487032868750316564d29de62a3b576d396be129642609936ffd6325928ff44250ac865def6bcc19130618ba448ed542a917eb5f0b033f7b438413

Even in fan pictures where shows usually dont look that great

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

The Maria/Twice part is really one of the best parts of the show. I love the set up and how she's bringing the SOUL to Vegas on top of the bops fall6 she should stretch Twice out longer since it's always a vocal moment. The audience needs a bit of a pause to recover after hearing it

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.