Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Ariana confirms no more TUN singles

The only one that should have put on the clown make-up is her.

Bloodline, NASA & Bad Idea were downright smashes. She could have easily matched or even break the Bad/Teenage Dream record if her schedule wasn't so fucked up.

Edit: This probably wasn't her decision but the label's. She technically had a 6 single era if we're being honest.

It's not about selling more singles or albums, it's just that this era has been nothing but lazy and forgettable in all type of ways. The era ended literally the day the album was released. We got 3 music videos - and don't get me wrong, they are amazing - but only 7 rings seems to be memorable, and not because of the aesthetic, but because of the Japanese "scandals". 

This is my least favorite era and that's sad considering it had much more potentional than whatever this messy album release has been. 

We could have at least got one more music video for the spring/summer with a cute 2 to 3 performances on Ellen, The Voice, American Idol, even internationally. 

What a lackluster era. 

57 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

It's not about selling more singles or albums, it's just that this era has been nothing but lazy and forgettable in all type of ways. The era ended literally the day the album was released. We got 3 music videos - and don't get me wrong, they are amazing - but only 7 rings seems to be memorable, and not because of the aesthetic, but because of the Japanese "scandals". 

This is my least favorite era and that's sad considering it had much more potentional than whatever this messy album release has been. 

We could have at least got one more music video for the spring/summer with a cute 2 to 3 performances on Ellen, The Voice, American Idol, even internationally. 

What a lackluster era. 

Okay, first of all, I feel terribly sorry that you don't like her best album. It's quite honestly her most consistent album sonically, lyrically and in terms of quality. No fillers, no bad songs, it's cohesive and you can tell she had a lot of fun recording it. She recorded it with her friends and didn't feel the pressure for it to meet any standards. It's laidback, raw and personal.

Secondly, this album is not a pop album. At least not the pop, pop fags wanted her to do. Interestingly, it's the album that seemed to appeal to a much wider audience than her previous ones. The singles are probably among her most relatable, lyrically (because they are very laidback, effortless and personal). Y'all have no idea what this album may have done for her internationally. Check my BG thread for receipts. It's most likely THE ALBUM that elevated her to main pop girl status. DW was a nice try but it didn't have the kind of appeal this album and let's not even talk about Sweetener which was essentially two standalone singles in a bed of fillers.

Lastly, the concept of "eras" is over and done with. This is something we all have to accept. The record companies are not going to invest in singles that are released after the album release. Why? Because streaming kills the necessity of single releases (in their stupid opinion). I think it all might change again towards "video singles" but we'll see. Don't blame Ariana or this album for the way albums are handled nowadays. Don't blame her for what has happened to her. We should be happy that she's still alive AND making music. Some other artists would habe most definitely retired for a decade.

13 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Okay, first of all, I feel terribly sorry that you don't like her best album. It's quite honestly her most consistent album sonically, lyrically and in terms of quality. No fillers, no bad songs, it's cohesive and you can tell she had a lot of fun recording it. She recorded it with her friends and didn't feel the pressure for it to meet any standards. It's laidback, raw and personal.

Secondly, this album is not a pop album. At least not the pop, pop fags wanted her to do. Interestingly, it's the album that seemed to appeal to a much wider audience than her previous ones. The singles are probably among her most relatable, lyrically (because they are very laidback, effortless and personal). Y'all have no idea what this album may have done for her internationally. Check my BG thread for receipts. It's most likely THE ALBUM that elevated her to main pop girl status. DW was a nice try but it didn't have the kind of appeal this album and let's not even talk about Sweetener which was essentially two standalone singles in a bed of fillers.

Lastly, the concept of "eras" is over and done with. This is something we all have to accept. The record companies are not going to invest in singles that are released after the album release. Why? Because streaming kills the necessity of single releases (in their stupid opinion). I think it all might change again towards "video singles" but we'll see. Don't blame Ariana or this album for the way albums are handled nowadays. Don't blame her for what has happened to her. We should be happy that she's still alive AND making music. Some other artists would habe most definitely retired for a decade.

Sir, I think you're a bit delusional here chi1

TUN is by no means whatsoever a perfect album, despite what you appear to believe. Make Up is blatantly bad, Imagine is questionable, the bgv/adlibs/whatever on Ghostin almost ruin the song, etc. And the belief that it wasn't made to please anybody is wrong, because (no shade) the album was very obviously made to sell in the currently-trendy hip-hop landscape.

And lastly, there are definitely still artists who release singles post-album (which, even if they don't, it's still an era). It's not anyone else's fault if Ariana considers her own music disposable and hates it after just a couple months.

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

I said I don't like this era, not the album. nicki5

As I once again said, the achievements and all that has been amazing. But the era aesthetically and visually have been lackluster. 

I don't care about it being over and done, it was just my personal opinion. Only thing that only jumped out was the thank u, next edition of the burn book. nicki5 

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Sir, I think you're a bit delusional here chi1

TUN is by no means whatsoever a perfect album, despite what you appear to believe. Make Up is blatantly bad, Imagine is questionable, the bgv/adlibs/whatever on Ghostin almost ruin the song, etc. And the belief that it wasn't made to please anybody is wrong, because (no shade) the album was very obviously made to sell in the currently-trendy hip-hop landscape.

And lastly, there are definitely still artists who release singles post-album (which, even if they don't, it's still an era). It's not anyone else's fault if Ariana considers her own music disposable and hates it after just a couple months.

You think ARTPOP and MDNA are among Madonna's and Gaga's best albums. You don't get to talk! sass4 

14 minutes ago, Madonna said:

You think ARTPOP and MDNA are among Madonna's and Gaga's best albums. You don't get to talk! sass4 

You don't get to talk either, with that Billie stan badge sass4

34 minutes ago, Madonna said:

18 minutes ago, Venom said:

You don't get to talk either, with that Billie stan badge sass4

for once i side with @Madonna sass4 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:22 AM, Madonna said:

The only one that should have put on the clown make-up is her.

Bloodline, NASA & Bad Idea were downright smashes. She could have easily matched or even break the Bad/Teenage Dream record if her schedule wasn't so fucked up.

Edit: This probably wasn't her decision but the label's. She technically had a 6 single era if we're being honest.

And all these singles are still on a HEAVY radio rotation dead2 Let’s not forget. 

+ Monopoly in some countries so that gives you a total of 7 songs

Kii at some of you not realising that once album is dropped the only thing left to do is to go on tour nicki5 y’all really can’t move on 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.