Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Ariana confirms no more TUN singles

Recommended Posts

Freaky Prince    31,793
On 6/6/2019 at 1:09 PM, Madonna said:

Secondly, this album is not a pop album.

True, it's not a pop album, it's a bunch of skrt skrt demos

tenor.gif?itemid=8503872

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    38,146
5 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Kii at some of you not realising that once album is dropped the only thing left to do is to go on tour nicki5 y’all really can’t move on 

It really be that way these days. Then again, I think radio/video singles after the release of the album just for the sake of exposure would still give it a boost. Bloodline could have really worked as a late single. TUN is one of these few albums where a lot of singles could have been lucrative. Unfortunately it came way too early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    38,146
1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

True, it's not a pop album, it's a bunch of skrt skrt demos

tenor.gif?itemid=8503872

Don't be mad Eurodance and FagPop are not popular at the time. Pop music evolves and changes constantly. brit7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freaky Prince    31,793
4 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Don't be mad Eurodance and FagPop are not popular at the time. Pop music evolves and changes constantly. brit7 

Your point ma'am? brit7

Just like when Eurodance and FagPop were popular, there were good and bad songs. Pop has changed and the new sound that is popular now has both good and bad songs like back then, TUN just happen to fall in the latter brit7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    38,146
1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

Your point ma'am? brit7

Just like when Eurodance and FagPop were popular, there were good and bad songs. Pop has changed and the new sound that is popular now has both good and bad songs like back then, TUN just happen to fall in the latter brit7

And you're in the minority in all things regarding music. Your point, senora?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    45,598
9 minutes ago, Madonna said:

It really be that way these days. Then again, I think radio/video singles after the release of the album just for the sake of exposure would still give it a boost. Bloodline could have really worked as a late single. TUN is one of these few albums where a lot of singles could have been lucrative. Unfortunately it came way too early.

IMO the only way to make it happen and push some really good stats would be dropping deluxe version of an album after some time with a video single on it. Otherwise people won’t be interested (except for the fans who would like to see another visual).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freaky Prince    31,793
7 minutes ago, Madonna said:

And you're in the minority in all things regarding music. Your point, senora?

Well that makes two of us chi1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luca    37,816
53 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Kii at some of you not realising that once album is dropped the only thing left to do is to go on tour nicki5 y’all really can’t move on 

Kii at you thinking I only care about numbers. I like when an era is filled with performances, interviews, specials and suprises. My Everything and Sweetener had much more of that than this album. I know "but it's the music that counts", but that doesn't take away an album would be more fun and memorable for the fans if the era was filled with this stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    45,598
1 hour ago, NIGHTMARE said:

Kii at you thinking I only care about numbers. I like when an era is filled with performances, interviews, specials and suprises. My Everything and Sweetener had much more of that than this album. I know "but it's the music that counts", but that doesn't take away an album would be more fun and memorable for the fans if the era was filled with this stuff. 

Kii at you thinking you’re being brought up to the table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luca    37,816
13 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Kii at you thinking you’re being brought up to the table

Sorry for sharing an opinion, please. ny12 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Venom    6,006
2 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Kii at some of you not realising that once album is dropped the only thing left to do is to go on tour nicki5 y’all really can’t move on 

Kii at someone thinking there's artistic integrity in someone making a project and then virtually ditching it right after release instead of at least making 1 more video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    38,146
1 hour ago, NIGHTMARE said:

Kii at you thinking I only care about numbers. I like when an era is filled with performances, interviews, specials and suprises. My Everything and Sweetener had much more of that than this album. I know "but it's the music that counts", but that doesn't take away an album would be more fun and memorable for the fans if the era was filled with this stuff. 

You stan Ariana, sis. The girl is notorious for skipping opportunities to promote. nicki5 I really don't understand why you still have these kind of expectations from her. Did she even promote DW much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luca    37,816
Just now, Madonna said:

You stan Ariana, sis. The girl is notorious for skipping opportunities to promote. nicki5 I really don't understand why you still have these kind of expectations from her. Did she even promote DW much?

It got several highlights yes, an international promo campaign too. nicki5 

She literally promoted all of her albums besides thank u, next. nicki5 I even think Yours Truly got more promo than it too. nicki5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luca    37,816
5 minutes ago, Venom said:

Kii at someone thinking there's artistic integrity in someone making a project and then virtually ditching it right after release instead of at least making 1 more video

This is exactly what I mean. I want visuals and aesthetics, not for the sake of numbers but because of the art and to give more depth to the album and concept! shrug1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    38,146
2 minutes ago, Venom said:

Kii at someone thinking there's artistic integrity in someone making a project and then virtually ditching it right after release instead of at least making 1 more video

I mean I'm disappointed too but she has 6 singles on heavy rotation, still. Her label probably said no to prevent overexposure.

The same thing happened in 1985 when Madonna's singles from her debut album got heavy rotation on MTV and radio + all the singles from her side projects AND the singles from her actual album (most of which didn't get much attention because all the other singles overshadowed them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    38,146
Just now, NIGHTMARE said:

This is exactly what I mean. I want visuals and aesthetics, not for the sake of numbers but because of the art and to give more depth to the album and concept! shrug1 

Same but you can't deny that the three videos weren't a serve. I personally love bad bitch Ari more than glam & cute. I really wished she didn't put out Sweetener to be honest cause it feels like such a non-event and filler between her two best albums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    45,598
58 minutes ago, Venom said:

Kii at someone thinking there's artistic integrity in someone making a project and then virtually ditching it right after release instead of at least making 1 more video

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/overexposure

 

Monopoly is already a gift for her fans. Stop being a demanding jerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Morlock    43,036
2 hours ago, NIGHTMARE said:

It got several highlights yes, an international promo campaign too. nicki5 

She literally promoted all of her albums besides thank u, next. nicki5 I even think Yours Truly got more promo than it too. nicki5 

well YT was her debut album so obviously it was heavily promo'd nicki5 

2 minutes ago, Madonna said:

It was a terrible gift though. jj1 

probably her worst tbh jj1 

but im not complaining jj1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luca    37,816
2 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

well YT was her debut album so obviously it was heavily promo'd nicki5 

probably her worst tbh jj1 

but im not complaining jj1 

You do realise YT didn't get a lot of promo besides some awk YouTube interviews, right? nicki5

If anything, Republic considered My Everything her debut honestly, the amount of promo that had. Truly feel like that was the last pop era that had a huge promotional compaign behind the album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×