Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Rebel Bitch

Madonna just dragged stupid journalists.

I love and respect Madonna but something about coming at journalists like this feels petty and pretentious to me lol3

• Obviously people are gonna bring up your age, when you mention ageism and what not every opportunity you have. You can't ask for a discussion and then get upset when that discussion happens. At this point, I don't feel like it's "I can't do this because I'm not a man" anymore. Yes, it will be brought up that you're 60 when you're following trends set by teen/20s-aged pop frontrunners in 2019.
    • If all pop girls get shamed for age at some point; The reason men won't get called out for the same thing is because a lot of popular men are just kind of, 'normal', and don't bring much controversy, sticking to usually plain non-revealing looks/visuals. If a man did a music video where he laid down nude in a cotton candy cloud wearing a pink wig and not as a joke, he'd be considered a laughing stock, and probably, let's be real, get called a faggot. 
  • Madonna needs to STOP comparing every inconvenience that hits her, to rape. It's not accurate, it's not funny or empowering or anything of the sort. It seems insulting to use a metaphor that "my songs leaked, this is rape!" or "a journalist talked about my curtain fabric instead of what I wanted, this is rape!". And yes, I'm allowed to have this opinion, since I was  conceived in rape whilst my mom was ill & unconscious; 17 years ago, not 40 like in Madonna's case.

I've learnt this year more than any, that there's always 2 sides to a story, so I'm sure Madonna isn't 100% correct here but I'm sure the journalist isn't either...boy she's stirring the pot again lol3

As a communication professional, I feel ashamed of this kind of things.

This is the main reason why I didn't choose Journalism as my career specialization, and it's because the media it's always pushing you to tell a story that most of the time won't do any justice to the people they're reporting about. It's all about having an exclusive to the main drama, paraphrasing your words and ignore what the interviewee wants to tell if it doesn't match your chief editor and publisher's view on things. That's bullshit, so drag them Madonna.

29 minutes ago, Venom said:

I love and respect Madonna but something about coming at journalists like this feels petty and pretentious to me lol3

• Obviously people are gonna bring up your age, when you mention ageism and what not every opportunity you have. You can't ask for a discussion and then get upset when that discussion happens. At this point, I don't feel like it's "I can't do this because I'm not a man" anymore. Yes, it will be brought up that you're 60 when you're following trends set by teen/20s-aged pop frontrunners in 2019.
    • If all pop girls get shamed for age at some point; The reason men won't get called out for the same thing is because a lot of popular men are just kind of, 'normal', and don't bring much controversy, sticking to usually plain non-revealing looks/visuals. If a man did a music video where he laid down nude in a cotton candy cloud wearing a pink wig and not as a joke, he'd be considered a laughing stock, and probably, let's be real, get called a faggot.

Which 2019 trend she follows exactly, i would like to know. gaga6 I don't know if she accepted to do this interview so the journalist will keep asking questions about her age again and again, as she said. She has already talk about ageism in past interviews anyway. The interviewer made sure to mention her age EVEN at the title too tho: Madonna at Sixty. gaga6 People have been calling her old since her early 30s, i can't blame her for being pressed anyway. How many male musicians have face that in their early 30s? gaga6

1.000.000+ views, dislikes aren't even close to Madonna's latest performances, comments are praising him to death, and no one talks about his naked old body, why is that? gaga6 Why no one drags him for acting like that in his age, but everyone drags Madonna, is it cause she's a woman? gaga6

49 minutes ago, Venom said:
  • Madonna needs to STOP comparing every inconvenience that hits her, to rape. It's not accurate, it's not funny or empowering or anything of the sort. It seems insulting to use a metaphor that "my songs leaked, this is rape!" or "a journalist talked about my curtain fabric instead of what I wanted, this is rape!". And yes, I'm allowed to have this opinion, since I was  conceived in rape whilst my mom was ill & unconscious; 17 years ago, not 40 like in Madonna's case.

The "rape" metaphor was used once in 2015 after 40-45 songs of her leaked, 45 songs that took many MONTHS to be created, her work. gaga6 She haven't use this "phrase" for something else, she also doesn't use it often cause she thinks that is funny or empowering as you implied. The "you're killing me" phrase is forbidden too now? gaga6

2 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

As a communication professional, I feel ashamed of this kind of things.

This is the main reason why I didn't choose Journalism as my career specialization, and it's because the media it's always pushing you to tell a story that most of the time won't do any justice to the people they're reporting about. It's all about having an exclusive to the main drama, paraphrasing your words and ignore what the interviewee wants to tell if it doesn't match your chief editor and publisher's view on things. That's bullshit, so drag them Madonna.

100 good things about Madonna, they focus in 3 words, this is "rape". Tragic. Sites are sharing the 3 words only, not the full sentence, really pathetic and sad.

gaga6

@Venom Since the 80s, Madonna is the slut. MJ was grabbing his penis in front of his fan, Prince was doing naked covers for magazine, Freddie Mercury was singing half-naked in his tours. But when Madonna was doing any of this things, she was a slut, the rest were talented heroes. And that was happening before the Erotica era. Yes, society respect women and don't have double standards, you're right.

gaga6

4 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Which trend she follows exactly, i would like to know. gaga6

• EDM (I'm Addicted) - following Levels, etc.
  • 'PC Music' (Bitch I'm Madonna) - following Bipp, Hey QT, etc.
  • Latin pop (Medellin) - following Despacito, etc.
  • Autotuned hip hop (Future) - following God's Plan, etc.
  • minimalistic pop (Crave) - following The Cure, etc.

gaga6

13 minutes ago, Venom said:

gaga6

She has done similar genres before the songs you mentioned. gaga6 Especially latin, autotuned hip-hop and EDM, and not just once, many times in her career. gaga6

1 hour ago, Emperor Nick said:

Imagine suffering a horrific rape and being told by an ignorant fotp user that you can't use the word rape fall1

Imagine on more than one occasion, belittling the trauma of rape to essentially a joke by using it metaphorically for soon-forgotten miniscule events like random niche demos leaking and journalists not writing what you expected in the press nicki5

1 hour ago, Venom said:

gaga6

Of all the songs, you described I'm Addicted as EDM. jj3  She doesn't follow trends so far. Many of the stuff she did before. um2 

- Latino pop isn't a novelty for Madonna, but on Medellin there is even a twist. You can't compare it to Despacito and similar stuff, because it simply doesn't sound like that.

- Many of her old songs had elements of EDM, but Celebration was a true EDM song for Madonna, which was released before the 2010s EDM craze.

- PC music. Let's not pretend those weird and edgy beats weren't present on Music and American Life. 

- Future is reggae, not hip hop. Autotune isn't a new thing for Madonna.

- Minimalistic pop? Well, American Life featured some minimalistic folky pop songs. um1  The Cure? Are you talking about Gaga song?

27 minutes ago, Venom said:

Imagine on more than one occasion, belittling the trauma of rape to essentially a joke by using it metaphorically for soon-forgotten miniscule events like random niche demos leaking and journalists not writing what you expected in the press nicki5

She used that phrase METAPHORICALLY just for the Rebel Heart demos that leaked hun, what's not clicking.

2 minutes ago, Madame X said:

She used that phrase METAPHORICALLY just for the Rebel Heart demos that leaked hun, what's not clicking.

She literally used it in the instagram post of which this thread is based nicki5

1 minute ago, Venom said:

She literally used it in the instagram post of which this thread is based nicki5

The whole IG post was about the article judgement, including the using of that word for the RH demos. She also said why she used the word.

53 minutes ago, Venom said:

She owns her own history and can use it as she wishes um2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.