Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Madame X leaked!!!

33 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Excited for you! 

I can already spot tons of references & themes in the album that provide context, which is exciting again. Rebel Heart had none of that. The album is 100% lyrically connected and tells a story.

Really? What references and themes? Can you please elaborate? ( I have the album so I will be able to follow u )

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

When we all slammed Bitch, I'm Loca and it turned out to be a solidified bop. katy2

Her work with Maluma is objectively the best on the album katy2

Madonna, Maluma katy2

Bitch I'm loca katy2

Besame la boca katy2

2 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Wow, she really served with this album. It actually lives up to its superb visuals. Bar a meh song or two, the album is actually really experimental and a breath of fresh air. clap3 

I know for a fact that I will not use any of these songs except for Medellin, Bitch I'm Loca, Crazy and (excluding the first minute) God Control; But I like that she was able to figure out a narrative nicki3

1 minute ago, aaron_b_u said:

Really? What references and themes? Can you please elaborate? ( I have the album so I will be able to follow u )

My opinion is scattered all over the place, I haven't given it a consistent full listen, but I think the theme of dreams & waking up is very significant. 

-I took a sip and had a dream (Medellin)

-It's a beautiful dream, but a dream is earned (Dark Ballet)

-When we wake up, what can we do? (God Control)

-You ain't woke, come here woken (Future)

-'Cause when we have a dream and you can't stop us (Batuka)

-I spent a long time waking up (Crazy)

God's 'divine' that she refers to in Looking For Mercy is also a clear reference to a dream state.

-----

Some other interesting parallels that might help us understand what she's trying to convey: 

Forgave myself for being me Vs. Teach me how to forgive myself (Since Medellin is ultimately a dream, it seems that only in a form of escapism can she 'forgive' herself and draw a pattern I guess)

The storm is not in the air, it's inside of us. 

Can't you hear the wind that's beginning to howl? (Dark Ballet)

Vs.

There's a storm ahead

I hear the wind blowing (Batuka)

It's the future where you come from being lost (Future)

The thing that hurt the most was that I wasn't lost (Extreme Occident)

Just now, Agent X said:

Objectively, Bitch I'm Loca is the most generic song on the album. oprah14 

Okay but it's a nice breath of fresh air from the overdone autotune (EO), general unmemorability (FG), or politicism (most of the album) oprah14 

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

My opinion is scattered all over the place, I haven't given it a consistent full listen, but I think the theme of dreams & waking up is very significant. 

God's 'divine' that she refers to in Looking For Mercy is also a clear reference to a dream state.

-----

Some other interesting parallels that might help us understand what she's trying to convey: 

Forgave myself for being me Vs. Teach me how to forgive myself (Since Medellin is ultimately a dream, it seems that only in a form of escapism can she 'forgive' herself and draw a pattern I guess)

Vs.

There's a storm ahead

Awesome thank you!

7 minutes ago, Venom said:

Okay but it's a nice breath of fresh air from the overdone autotune (EO), general unmemorability (FG), or politicism (most of the album) oprah14 

That, yes. There is too much autotune. Batuka could have been better without autotune. 

Autotune on certain songs is weird, it is like she sounded bad, so they decided to cover it up with autotune. 

16 minutes ago, Jjang said:

-----

Vs.

There's a storm ahead

clap3 

22 minutes ago, Jjang said:

-----

Vs.

There's a storm ahead

Future and I Rise have a lyric that connects them too, but i don't think it happened on purpose. brit15

"But you know that I'ma rise above it all, yeah" vs. "I rise up above it, up above it"

I just saw the lyrics of Come Alive, and she talks about dreaming there too: "Dreams and it's alive" brit15

14 minutes ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

This album is easy in my top 5 overall Madonna albums cry6 

It's in my Top 3 but I don't want to make any big claims yet until it has aged with time

It's kind of disrespectful to my relationship with the other albums if I already put it in Top 3 haha

but it's definitely one of her career best!

1 hour ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Faz Gostoso should have been the lead. It fucking knocks. 

I don't know anything about the original though. So is M's a cover or does it just same the original?

She rewrote it to English and its like remixed version of orginal, Blaya (orginal writer and singer) has like simpler version tho its a banger on its own. And reason why Faz Gostoso is not main single is that it was already huge hit last year, there would be no impact really. Madonna most likely covered and reworked it as tribute to modern Portuguese music scene and to tie her Portuguese themes on MX. 

One question, are the twins involded in any song, as a rumor was saying? I think it was for Looking for Mercy. sha1

Also gtfo of this thread and go talk in the official pinned album thread please, is more easy to find. sha1

1 minute ago, Madame X said:

One question, are the twins involded in any song, as a rumor was saying? I think it was for Looking for Mercy. sha1

Also gtfo of this thread and go talk in the official pinned album thread please, is more easy to find. sha1

I think they just had fun with mom in studio, so far only David is credited as cowriter of Batuka. 

8 minutes ago, Madame X said:

uh oh guys the thread police is here

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.