Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Unapologetic Bitch

“Dark Ballet” Is Madonna’s Most Experimental Single Yet

From reggaeton bangers to dancehall-infused protest anthems, the singles (or buzz tracks) from Madame X have been nothing if not eclectic. And yet, they still don’t portend the demented grandeur of “Dark Ballet.” Co-produced with Mirwais, the song that was first performed as “Beautiful Game” at the 2018 Met Gala is a sprawling indictment of modern society. “It’s a beautiful plan, but I’m not concerned,” Madonna preaches on the chorus. “It’s a beautiful game that I never learned, people tell me to shut my mouth that I might get burned.”

But we all know that Madonna will never hold her tongue. Which leads to a brilliantly warped post-chorus that culminates in an extended piano solo and an even weirder bridge. “I will not denounce the things that I have said,” a heavily-distorted voice declares robotically. “I will not renounce my faith in my sweet Lord.” It’s a wild, thrilling mess that makes me even more excited for Madame X (if that is even possible). It’s time to accept that the Queen of Pop’s days of chasing hits are over. She’s now doing whatever the fuck she wants and it sounds amazing.

https://www.idolator.com/7794749/madonna-dark-ballet-review?andro=1&chrome=1

1 hour ago, Adriano said:

I cant post because i unstanned??? 

No, but it shows how bothered and negative you are.   Someone wasting their time on something they dislike is beyond Pathetic.  

90% dislike it brit15

90% ?! LOL  Go and read all the comments on youtube and the reviews for the video and song and Choke!

1 minute ago, ICEQueen said:

No, but it shows how bothered and negative you are.   Someone wasting their time on something they dislike is beyond Pathetic.  

90% ?! LOL  Go and read all the comments on youtube and the reviews for the video and song and Choke!

Don't bother wasting your energy Icy. It's a lost cause. 

I wouldn't say all that brit15 

Her most experimental single this era though, yes. Maybe the most out of her '10s catalog of music in general, though it's not my favorite - but of course experimentation doesn't always mean best. I'm just happy Beautiful Game saw the light of day oprah4 

4 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of people having mixed feelings about it

The low numbers show the truth. When she came with stunning visuals the hype was quite decent. Now... we still have hope for tracks like god control, but it makes no sense to release fillers as promotional tracks...

as @Madonna said, i doubt we are geting any better, would be nice to be proven wrong tho

The low numbers show the truth. When she came with stunning visuals the hype was quite decent. Now... we still have hope for tracks like god control, but it makes no sense to release fillers as promotional tracks...

as @Madonna said, i doubt we are geting any better, would be nice to be proven wrong tho

We are getting better and better, just the ones that dont like it might be disapointed but overall you dont liking new album doesnt make it bad, its just bad for you not for everyone shrug1

Why people who hate this era (minority so far) think for some reason that their opinion is universal and  automatically makes album bad when in reality its just your own opinion and it only apply to you, not everyone else. 

Bad album = might be for you

Good album = everyone else

shrug1

Looks like only the core fanbase is here for the album so far and like you said - low numbers are an indicator. It’s honestly a shame cause the visuals are fantastic this era. Most of the listeners are not feeling these tracks and DB is one of them. I mean I like Madonna but I enjoy only two tracks we’ve heard so far. There’s still a room for a surprise but we’ll see next week.

9 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Looks like only the core fanbase is here for the album so far and like you said - low numbers are an indicator. It’s honestly a shame cause the visuals are fantastic this era. Most of the listeners are not feeling these tracks and DB is one of them. I mean I like Madonna but I enjoy only two tracks we’ve heard so far. There’s still a room for a surprise but we’ll see next week.

Minority is not feeling it, read the comments on fan pages or yt shrug1

Reviews are also very good.

I dont get why people who dont like new music try so hard to undermine its success and positive reception. Instead of being happy she takes risks and finally expetiment with new things and is genuinely excited for new era.

Its kinda sad "i dont like it, so no one else should". But if some of you not being fan of MX like it or not overall this era receives positive response shrug1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.