Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Vegan activists go to new extremes to expose animal cruelty

10 hours ago, Jjang said:

The meat industry is truly the most vile form of oppression that earth knows.

There have been WAY worse things that have happened on this Earth than the meat industry ... The Holocaust, sex trafficing, slavery, murder... You get the picture. 

My opinion has always been that I value human lives more than most animal lives. This doesn't mean I don't like animals, I love alot of different animals. However I eat meat and animal products, and have my whole life, and therefore it would be hypocrital for me to be outraged at the slaughter of cows, chickens, and pigs when I myself take a part in that food chain. I get why people are so passionate about this, however I just don't believe it's right to force your beliefs down other people's throats and essentially demonize other people for not believing the same things you do. Vegans are NEVER going to get their message across if they want to demonize people who consume meat and dairy products. I'm sure MANY people would have absolutely no problem with more humane farming practices and regulations. If most vegans focused on that sort of advocacy, they may be surprised to find alot of people would support that. However it seems in the media we only ever see THESE sort of vegan clowns, the "extremists" if you will.

10 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

There have been WAY worse things that have happened on this Earth than the meat industry ... The Holocaust, sex trafficing, slavery, murder... You get the picture. 

My opinion has always been that I value human lives more than most animal lives.

Well, then that's just your opinion. Objectively speaking, however, in terms of mere mass murder and oppression nothing comes remotely close to 2 centuries of relentless abuse that has caused the death of billions upon billions and is responsible for 20% of climate change's drastic rising, and the best part is ; it's only getting progressively worse. 

Humans have a tendency to be cynical and pretentious, believing they're worthy or have a purpose to pursue or that their lives are meaningful, well...that's just humans for you. We're all animals at the end of the day, we just have a more developed sense of communication and level of intellect. That doesn't make us more important or valuable, the same way you wouldn't say an adult with a genius IQ is more valuable than a toddler. We're all beings, period.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:30 AM, Miss Show Business said:

My opinion has always been that I value human lives more than most animal lives. This doesn't mean I don't like animals, I love alot of different animals. However I eat meat and animal products, and have my whole life, and therefore it would be hypocrital for me to be outraged at the slaughter of cows, chickens, and pigs when I myself take a part in that food chain. I get why people are so passionate about this, however I just don't believe it's right to force your beliefs down other people's throats and essentially demonize other people for not believing the same things you do. Vegans are NEVER going to get their message across if they want to demonize people who consume meat and dairy products. I'm sure MANY people would have absolutely no problem with more humane farming practices and regulations. If most vegans focused on that sort of advocacy, they may be surprised to find alot of people would support that. However it seems in the media we only ever see THESE sort of vegan clowns, the "extremists" if you will.

The outrage is more directed at unnecessary cruelty rather than general slaughter, as far as I’m aware. If you’ve ever seen the videos from machine slaughterhouses, the workers treat the animals so horribly, and unnecessarily so. Im not one for crazy antics, but I do agree with the call for change to have humanely raised animals that aren’t tortured before they die brit10 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.