Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

"Madonna Releases 4th Flop in a Month, Which Did Not Chart on USA iTunes"

A newspaper i've never heard of is trying to trash GrannyX. When will the Media appreciate legends? 

https://guardianlv.com/2019/05/madonna-releases-4th-flop-in-a-month-which-did-not-chart-on-usa-itunes

Madonna Releases 4th Flop in a Month, Which Did Not Chart on USA iTunes

Madonna

Madonna released on May 17, 2019, her fourth single from her upcoming ‘Madame X’ album set to drop on June 14. This single has done the worst of all her releases.

Not even charting on the USA and Spain iTunes charts, where it did hit, it was primarily at the bottom. By the second day, it had dropped to fall off the charts status.

It really appears as if Madonna and her management are trying to release as much material as possible, to see if she can get a hit out of anything. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be working.

Madonna is set to release one more single before “Madame X” drops. Practically half of the album would have been released, and if the next single follows like these four, it will be her fifth flop.

This was billed as the big Madonna comeback. Instead, it is showing her desperation and poor business sense to release singles one after another, without remixes, and without a chance to build an audience.

Madonna is going the way of Ariana Grande releasing singles, one after another without working on it to try to have a  hit.

The problem with this is the 60-year-old singer is not Ariana Grande, and she is trying to make a comeback with others besides her hardcore groupies. Four singles that have flopped will not return her to the mainstream.

The timing of the release of this new single was also interesting. Madonna chose to release her single on the eve of her controversial Eurovision performance, as to bury it, knowing the press would primarily cover Eurovision.

Madonna was asked by multiple organizations, celebrities, and LGBT groups not to perform due to human rights violations. LGBT groups will be holding their own song contest at the same time as Eurovision.

The self-proclaimed champion of LGBT and human rights said she would not give up her million dollar fee to perform two songs and she would perform.

Even the Madonna-Infinity Forum was not thrilled with Madonna’s latest single.

Luiz Ribeiro said: “I can not believe it took Madonna such a great deal of time to deliver generic music.”

Lucifer’s Angel said: “The song has repetitive lyrics with a cliche message. She is chasing the current trends in music and the music is not innovative. In my opinion, I Rise and this is the worst songs. I am so disappointed.”

Xpresso said: “Future is a generic song and I can not understand why she is promoting it and releasing it right before Eurovision.”

PWCCA said: “I think this is one of the worst songs. It is so boring and generic. And she is doing all the autotune again.”

Mrsciccone said: “This is the first time I do not recognize Madonna’s voice.”

Then there are the fans on the forum who love anything Madonna does:

Ambrose said: “I am listening to it for the fourth time. It is the weakest preview track, and Quavo is not necessary. I do not understand any of the lyrics, and the vocoder is way too aggressive. The chorus is good and I love the rhythm and horns.”

Notbizzre said: “Heard Future and it is amazing!”

MCGuim said: “I may be the only one, but I love the track.”

iTune Charts for Madonna & Quavo – ‘Future’

Australia:

Chart debut: #60 (17 May 2019)
Highest Position: #60 (17 May 2019)
Most recent chart position: #88 (18 May 2019)

United Kingdom:

Chart debut: #35 (17 May 2019)

Germany:

Chart debut: #71 (17 May 2019)

France:

Chart debut: #16 (17 May 2019)

Italy:

Chart debut: #20 (17 May 2019)

Canada:

Chart debut: #88 (17 May 2019)

Spain:

#14 (17 May 2019)

Brazil:

Chart debut: #20 (17 May 2019)

Written by Barbara Sobel

Sources:

ITunes

Featured and Top Image Courtesy Of Jonlo168’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License

Does it matter if a legend like Madonna fails to chart? No! sass4

Thoughts? kylie3

I mean it doesn't matter because the album is shaping up to be so fucking terrible that she'll be lucky if she outdoes Caution chart-wise. jj1 

That article was most definitely written by a Gaga fan though.

2 minutes ago, Madonna said:

This though, imagine writing essays about a 4th promo single not being able to chart on iTunes... it's literally an essay.. bebe1 

Just now, NIGHTMARE said:

Since when do we care about promo singles charting? bebe1 

Let alone chart on a literal iTunes chart? bebe1

yEs bUt Ay-YoH cHaRtEd aT #66 oN ThE BiLlbOaRd HOt#100 MuSic ChArt - Most Nostrils prior to ASIB. bebe1

1 minute ago, Madonna said:

I mean it doesn't matter because the album is shaping up to be so fucking terrible that she'll be lucky if she outdoes Caution chart-wise. jj1 

Tea jj1. Even then at least Caution was a decent album with listenable songs and not just a clown warbling over autotuned cha cha cha cha ha bitch beats.  jj1jj1jj1

Just now, NIGHTMARE said:

This though, imagine writing essays about a 4th promo single not being able to chart on iTunes... it's literally an essay.. bebe1 

It's something Agu would do. bebe1

Just now, I Brings That Levity said:

yEs bUt Ay-YoH cHaRtEd aT #66 oN ThE BiLlbOaRd HOt#100 MuSic ChArt - Most Nostrils prior to ASIB. bebe1

Tea jj1. Even then at least Caution was a decent album with listenable songs and not just a clown warbling over autotuned cha cha cha cha ha bitch beats.  jj1jj1jj1

I believe BB charts are definitely bigger than a random iTunes chart that simultaneously changes a few times each day. bebe1 

Maybe she needs to go a more Beyonce route and focus on an album experience rather than trying to get hits with singles. Or just focus on touring or a residency. There are other ways to stay somewhat relevant and make money as an artist without having to score a top ten hit. I'm not even sure the pop chart landscape at this point in time is right for Madonna. 

2 minutes ago, The Ones That Entertain said:

Maybe she needs to go a more Beyonce route and focus on an album experience rather than trying to get hits with singles. Or just focus on touring or a residency. There are other ways to stay somewhat relevant and make money as an artist without having to score a top ten hit. I'm not even sure the pop chart landscape at this point in time is right for Madonna. 

I think the best thing Madonna could do is simply focus on touring. Then in 10 years time should could pull a Tina, disappear from the public eye and enjoy life.

16 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

I believe BB charts are definitely bigger than a random iTunes chart that simultaneously changes a few times each day. bebe1 

I guess, but your point still stands, who cares if promo singles flop. 

16 minutes ago, Madonna said:

OMG, not you now exposing @fablana7

I've seen pics of emails from two 40-50 years old "journalists" haters of Madonna, saying that they will make sure to sabotage her new era by writing hateful articles against her, and her singles/album positions. Two 40 plus old men were trying desperately to find ways to hate on Madonna. The most disgusting and pathetic thing i've seen in 2019, can't get more tragic than this. Apparently there are more than 2, i'm not shocked if the OP article has any connection with the clowns i mentioned before. They're kinda irrelevant but this is still pathetic, and kinda scary tbh.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

I’m a Gaga fan and I like Madonna 🤔

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.