Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

nosweetdream

Should Kim Petras stop working with Dr. Luke and work with respected producers like Max Martin instead?

I was just thinking about it earlier, and I just had to start a topic about it to get the conversation going (besides, since I’m new here, I may as well start topics on my own somehow). I think if Kim worked with different producers on her debut album whenever it comes out (especially those who aren’t accused of sexual abuse), it would benefit her career greatly. To me, Kim and Max Martin are a perfect match to work together. They’re both European and Max has had tons of 00s pop classics to his name, that I think his production on a track or two of Kim’s would fit very well. Her sound is very 00’s pop to me, so it works. I also think she’d work better with Shellback, Mattman & Robin, OzGo, Oscar Holter, Captain Cuts, etc. She can keep working with Cirkut if she really wants to, but I think these 8 producers are a much better substitute for her work than Dr. Luke. What do you guys think? 

I think the Kesha v. Dr Luke case is completely he-said/she-said and whatever anyone wants to believe is up to personal opinion chi1

I feel conflict about it cause I kinda believe Kesha but I also kinda don't. We'll never know, and neither will Kim. Let the girl work with whomst she wants

I mean, it would be incredible. But with her being indie, I really doubt she would ever have the chance of working with someone like Max. Besides, she's legally obligated to work with Luke nnn ari6

30 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Didn't she stop? I think the Halloween EP was thier last collab and her latest singles are not prduced by him.... and it shows tbh brit15 

He produced If U Think About Me (albeit the song is years old) in addition to her new singles; according to Genius at least brit15

7 hours ago, hector said:

Besides, she's legally obligated to work with Luke nnn ari6

No, she's not. She's independent and confirmed on Twitter that she VOLUNTARILY works with Dr. Luke after some fans suggested she might be under a contract like Kesha was, which makes her working with him even more disgusting.

Accused is the key word. While I believe Kesha for MANY MANY reasons at the end of the day I can only say I believe dr Luke raped Kesha not he DID rape Kesha because as much as it sucks we can’t prove rape either way and while it stings we are going off words. At the end of the day nobody knows what happened between them but Kesha and dr Luke personally I do believe he raped Kesha because Kesha literally had EVERYTHING going against her her career her money her everything in this sick mans hand she was under HIS control and she was writing songs about his devious ways leaking years before she filed a lawsuit so this wasn’t just I want to do a 80s record but dr Luke won’t let me so I’ll sue him for rape thing it was pretty obvious Kesha was NOT having fun under him despite dr Luke saying he treated her like a sister. Also with Kesha being a actual sweetheart and dr Luke having a history of fat shaming and being a general piece of shit and influencing keshas EATING DISORDER which caused her to go to rehab during the darkest period of her life which I’m not sure about this but I remember hearing she was suicidal during that point ?? Not sure but I have many reasons to believe keshas words and none really to side with Luke but at the end of the day I cant call him a rapist for 100% sure which sucks because even if he wasn’t he’s still a peace of shit that doesn’t deserve and also him suing Kesha for 10x her net worth I think was just malevolent. Kesha knew all this could happen and STILL WENT TO ACTUAL COURT. I have to give Kesha so so so much respect and I HAVE to believe her from everything I gathered but at the end of the day nobody else has come forward to say he gave off predatory vibes just that he was a mess and nobody liked him and none of us know what happened. It sucks I wish I had a definate  answer but I don’t I can only believe and I believe Kesha Kim Petras May have her reasons to believe dr Luke which id never understand but also Kim Petras working with Dr Luke does not mean she directly supports rape. Also before anyone says anything I’m not a Kim Petras fan and I hate Dr Luke to death I’m not defending either one as I clearly side with Kesha from my personal believes  but I always bear that in mind. He deserves his career destroyed for all the horrible shit he did do to Kesha that we have proof for but as much as I believe Kesha is telling the truth what I’ve said still applies and they are accusations. Now if Kim Petras wants to work with him I have no idea what her justifications are and I’ll just leave her to that I’d never enforce my beliefs on someone else though and not attack someone based on believes I’d attack her on shit I’m confident 100% happened like fat shaming and him being a general piece of vile shit. Anyway those are my beliefs so far if I’m in the wrong tell me 

update by attack I mean call out I ain’t attacking anyone for their beliefs just as much as i wouldn’t want anyone attacking me over my beliefs 

8 hours ago, Urbanov said:

She’s not on that level yet to pick the producers she wants to work with

she couldve at least avoided problematic ones moo12 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:45 PM, Jose said:

omgggggggg is she trans?????

Yes she is, I thought most Stans knew she was trans. She's been trans since she was very young in Germany.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:03 AM, Urbanov said:

She’s not on that level yet to pick the producers she wants to work with

I'm not defending or anything but if she's not on that level then how is she voluntarily choosing to work with him on her music? 

To the o.p post/thread : I hope she does not support rape or anything but I do like her songs but I don't like Dr. Luke because Kesha has every right to speak her mind and make music for her fans. Dr. Luke isn't nicest person, his shaming jokes were and are disgusting...i can't with him

3 hours ago, Life13swift said:

I'm not defending or anything but if she's not on that level then how is she voluntarily choosing to work with him on her music? 

She’s signed to his record label

35 minutes ago, Americunt said:

She's literally said many times that she is unsigned and can choose to work with whoever she wants.

I thought she was signed to Kemosabe. If that’s the case then it’s actually SAD

I think the reason why Kim works with Luke is because she's desperate to get ahead and get hits, he doesn't have a huge demand in the industry anymore not because he's not talented but because his industry reputation has been destroyed, he's still got hits inside him (he did ghost produce Work From Home), so I think that's why she is working with him, but I'd like to see her branch out with all those producers you listed cuz there amazing and probably a lot more versatile jj2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.