Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

nosweetdream

Should Kim Petras stop working with Dr. Luke and work with respected producers like Max Martin instead?

On 6/21/2019 at 6:07 AM, Urbanov said:

I thought she was signed to Kemosabe. If that’s the case then it’s actually SAD

No, she‘s not - see the tweet that I posted above. That‘s exactly what I meant fall1

6 hours ago, TomTom said:

No, she‘s not - see the tweet that I posted above. That‘s exactly what I meant fall1

So like I said: that makes her voluntarily working with Luke and it’s sad

On 6/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, Urbanov said:

She’s not on that level yet to pick the producers she wants to work with

That's not entirely true though.

If an artist wants to record with a certain producer, and the producer wants to produce for him/her, they will collaborate together. It's more about money, chemistry and artistic vision. I would even say that being on a label she would even have less freedom to do that to be honest.

About the Kesha and Luke thing, I have no idea who owns the truth. Only the two of them really know it. But I find it funny how society instantly believes the woman and the man doesn't even have the benefit of the doubt. And of course if he did it I understand the hatred, but we honestly don't know. 

Also I don't see how this possible issue can affect Kim. Even if it's true, he might not do anything to her anyway. They just work in music together and that's it.

Topic question wise: Yes. I always thought they could do some great things together.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:58 PM, BlueBalls said:

About the Kesha and Luke thing, I have no idea who owns the truth. Only the two of them really know it. But I find it funny how society instantly believes the woman and the man doesn't even have the benefit of the doubt. And of course if he did it I understand the hatred, but we honestly don't know. 

"Instantly" dead1

It literally took almost one and a half years after the lawsuit began until Kesha finally got public support outside of her fanbase. Literally no one gave a damn up until her injunction was denied in February 2016 and she was completely ignored all throughout 2015.

You do realize that rape is only a small, albeit the severest one, part of the things Dr. Luke is accused of, right? There are many, many proofs of the emotional and psychological abuse Kesha suffered from under Dr. Luke and almost all people who worked with him, from Kelly Clarkson and P!nk, have confirmed what kind of disgusting creature he is.

The fact that the question whether he raped Kesha or not has never been investigated doesn't give him the "benefit of doubt", it just makes him less evil and disgusting than he already is and that is more than enough.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:58 PM, BlueBalls said:

Also I don't see how this possible issue can affect Kim. Even if it's true, he might not do anything to her anyway. They just work in music together and that's it.

Kim Petras voluntarily started to work with Dr. Luke since she is independent and after Kesha's lawsuit, then went out of her way to indirectly accuse Kesha of being a liar in an interview and then issued a half-hearted apology that was obviously just made for damage control purposes. She decided to put her desire for success above her morals and is now being used by a rightfully blacklisted man as a means to and end to get back into the spotlight and achieve moral redemption. She is disgusting and people who stan her are too.

11 minutes ago, TomTom said:

"Instantly" dead1

It literally took almost one and a half years after the lawsuit began until Kesha finally got public support outside of her fanbase. Literally no one gave a damn up until her injunction was denied in February 2016 and she was completely ignored all throughout 2015.

You do realize that rape is only a small, albeit the severest one, part of the things Dr. Luke is accused of, right? There are many, many proofs of the emotional and psychological abuse Kesha suffered from under Dr. Luke and almost all people who worked with him, from Kelly Clarkson and P!nk, have confirmed what kind of disgusting creature he is.

The fact that the question whether he raped Kesha or not has never been investigated doesn't give him the "benefit of doubt", it just makes him less evil and disgusting than he already is and that is more than enough.

Kim Petras voluntarily started to work with Dr. Luke since she is independent and after Kesha's lawsuit, then went out of her way to indirectly accuse Kesha of being a liar in an interview and then issued a half-hearted apology that was obviously just made for damage control purposes. She decided to put her desire for success above her morals and is now being used by a rightfully blacklisted man as a means to and end to get back into the spotlight and achieve moral redemption. She is disgusting and people who stan her are too.

my new fav post yas1 

could not have said it better myself.

12 hours ago, TomTom said:

Instantly

With "instantly" I wasn't refering to Kesha's situation. I was talking in the most general way possible. A girl says she's been abused and society thinks she is saying the truth, and believe me, there's been a lot of cases were girls lied. All I'm saying is that the man it's not always guilty or a monster, and lately it does seem like it. And as a man myself, it's pretty sad. Of course I'm super against to those who DO it, but it's not always black or white, there's a lot of gray scales.

You are Kesha fan and I get it. And I even care way less of Dr. Luke to be honest, I'm not going to be the one defending him. I'm just talking in general.

All I said about this particular case it's that only the both of them truly knows what happened.

8 hours ago, BlueBalls said:

With "instantly" I wasn't refering to Kesha's situation. I was talking in the most general way possible. A girl says she's been abused and society thinks she is saying the truth, and believe me, there's been a lot of cases were girls lied

The number of women who lie about rape is like at 2-5% dead1

It's super, super rare. Kesha lost 80% of her net worth due to legal fees, she isn't lying rip4

8 hours ago, BlueBalls said:

All I'm saying is that the man it's not always guilty or a monster, and lately it does seem like it.

Dr. Luke is a monster regardless of whether he raped Kesha or not. As I said, that would just come on top of the things he already did.

Oh my gosh this is impossible 

Where did I wrote Kesha was lying? I don't know the truth of their story.

Also, I was not refering to Dr.Luke in that sentence you quoted, again, I was talking about man in general. I honestly don't know what he has done, I just read a few things about him, I'm not really interested on him.

I used to think this situation was very black and white, but that's unfortunately not the case. I can personally understand why she would work with him. As a foreign, trans artist in America, she obviously wasn't getting a string of producers lining up for her. And at that point in his career, he didn't have a lot of option either. I know that may not morally excuse her working with Luke, but listen to all the horror stories our faves experienced trying to get a leg up in the industry, and then imagine what it must be like for a trans artist. 

That being said, morality is something we loosely consider in this situation. I mostly believe Kesha and find it very unfortunate what happened, but at the same time, there are inconsistencies in the case and Luke hasn't actually been convicted. Like we see this through stan world goggles, but unfortunately in reality it's a case of he said, she said. We will never really know what happened. But obviously, I believe Kesha and I know many others do, but we have to be unbiased and respect that not everyone will agree with us. & Another thing is that Luke's overall income from Kim is propbably a fraction of a fraction of what he gets from his previous music. So if you want to be totally morally 'correct,' you shouldn't be streaming Katy's music, Kesha's music, Avril's music and literally every other song he's ever made, cause he gets WAY more from that than he gets from Kim. 

I do hope that she ceases working with him eventually and begins exploring her options. Like she's already worked with Cheat Codes and Sophie, so that's definitely a good sign for what's to come. But at the same time I don't think any of us should be on a moral high horse with regard to this, especially since most of us have contributed more to his bank account from just listening to other artists that worked with him dead1

23 hours ago, Jake said:

I really wish she would, she has such insane potential just from 1, 2, 3 Dayz Up

123DU was the worst single she's released though brit8

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.