Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

What does DJ Khaled actually do?

Can somebody please tell me why he is famous? 

To be famous you have to have a talent or be good at something. Other than screaming the same catch phrase over and over at the start of other people's songs i can't work out what he's actually famous for?

And then to have the audacity to file a lawsuit just because your irrelevant trashy album didn't hit #1. 

The DJ Khaled makes Drake look like the Celine Dion of male vocalists.

It's clear he's not a musician and just wants the fame. A true musician would be grateful to have a #2 album. For example...

He doesn't sing, he doesn't rap, he doesn't write, he doesn't produce. What does he do? Someone please answer me that.

25 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I think he's a DJ. Don't quote me on that.

Go watch a performance of him live... all i see is him standing and occasional shouting "We the best music" & "DJ Khaled. The guy got famous literally by doing nothing. 

9 minutes ago, Maria said:

The only thing he is credited for on his album is vocal production on 12 tracks (out of15). dead2

That would be the "We the best music" phrase at the start of all his songs, the "production" side being the fact it's his voice "producing" those words.  dead2

10 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Did he really sue Billboard? What a fucking clown lmfao2 

He makes Nicki's levels of irritation seem normal. lmfao2 

11 minutes ago, AngryAzalean said:

He literally just buys beats, gets artists to feature on them and slaps his brand on there, it's really lazy, he needs to move so there's room for artists with actual talent brit4

8 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

complains and shouts over songs

dass it

Tea was served. Who are these people buying "his" songs? Who are they. brit4

Isn’t he a producer? um2 

But also his lawsuit makes sense to me. Legally speaking, Billboard should clarify why certain album bundles are included in official counts (like Tyler’s) and why others aren’t (like Khaled’s), because having the title of #1 album is a huge marketing / promo boon and not obtaining that certification because of murky rules such as in this instance means he’s losing the right to that claim.... No?

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Isn’t he a producer? um2 

Barely. He doesn't write his own instrumentals at all. His only contributions are basically convincing famous people to feature on his tracks and sitting there while they lay down vocals, with a sound engineer handling the actual work.

1 hour ago, BlancMac said:

This is actually the first time I've ever heard of this man. bebe1 and maybe that's a good thing. Maybe he's just not popular here in Asia.

hes all over the place in America bebe1

i cant stand him bebe1 

50 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Barely. He doesn't write his own instrumentals at all. His only contributions are basically convincing famous people to feature on his tracks and sitting there while they lay down vocals, with a sound engineer handling the actual work.

Sheesh what a gag eve1 

13 minutes ago, Ultraviolet said:

Capitalism turning rich people into royalty. Why are most people famous? Money and connections (knowing people with money).

Sadly you're right, however with your latter point i think that's okay provided the person becoming famous actually has a reason/talent to be famous. 

7 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Sadly you're right, however with your latter point i think that's okay provided the person becoming famous actually has a reason/talent to be famous. 

Yeah, but money controlling art means that strategy will generally triumph over talent in the marketplace, because success is typically linked to promotion. It's one of the reasons why labels still have their perks. 

Why are y’all hatin on DJ Khaled. He has plenty of singles that slap. rav2 

Why is David Guetta allowed to put his name on songs that he doesn’t sing on? DJ khaled is not the only doing this. rav2 

And if we are hatin on Larger than life  social media personalities with lazy music, I’d start with Cardi B. rav2 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:09 PM, Agugaga said:

Why are y’all hatin on DJ Khaled. He has plenty of singles that slap. rav2 

Why is David Guetta allowed to put his name on songs that he doesn’t sing on? DJ khaled is not the only doing this. rav2 

And if we are hatin on Larger than life  social media personalities with lazy music, I’d start with Cardi B. rav2 

He also doesn’t produce the instrumentals either. Can’t you read? 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.