Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Sylk

Kill Bill Appreciation Thread

i rewatched it a while ago and i am OBSESSED, everything about it is iconic the story, the dialogue, uma thurman, the music, the visuals giveup1 i think one of my top fav movies of all time i love it so much I wanna purchase the iconic yellow suit and katana giveup1 where are my fellow killbillers at? giveup1 

@Hylia watch list 2019 UPDATED 

1. Kill Bill Vol 1 and Vol 2
  2. Harry Potter Series (Also read the books)
  3. Raising Hope S1, S2, S3, S4 
  4. Ugly Betty S1, S2, S3, S4 
  5. Good Girls S1, S2 

yes !

I first saw it when I was a teenager and having grown up in a home that didn’t allow many movies it was a GAME CHANGER. I still have a crush on Uma Thurman tbh. But it was one of the first times too I had seen an adult film and action film that I walked away from being utterly spellbound by the artistry of it all. As time has gone on and I’ve seen other things I appreciate it more and more for the way it blends genres and influences, not to mention the way it culls music from all over the place. And that’s to say nothing of the production design and camera work, which are STUNNING.

I saw the end of the first one and most of the second one when I was in middle school, and completely did not understand it. Bought both Blu-rays some years back, re-watched and loved it. It's brilliantly done. Uma Therman was great at [ redacted ], too!

48 minutes ago, Satori said:

I first saw it when I was a teenager and having grown up in a home that didn’t allow many movies it was a GAME CHANGER. I still have a crush on Uma Thurman tbh. But it was one of the first times too I had seen an adult film and action film that I walked away from being utterly spellbound by the artistry of it all. As time has gone on and I’ve seen other things I appreciate it more and more for the way it blends genres and influences, not to mention the way it culls music from all over the place. And that’s to say nothing of the production design and camera work, which are STUNNING.

I agree, it's absolutely stunning and a huge part of it is Uma Thurman. She's so gorgeous first of all, and she plays the role so convincingly, I can't see anyone else do it. (Perhaps when I get my suit and katana, miss beatrix kiddo might have some competition wendy1

And the attention to detail, and artistic choices , I mean the opening scene from Vol.2 when she's driving and she gives a recap monologue, it's clear that she's not actually on the road but in a studio with the lighting, wind blowing in her face and the screen in the back, we as the audience know it, it's exaggerated on purpose, it's such a campy shot. I absolutely love it! 

13 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

I saw the end of the first one and most of the second one when I was in middle school, and completely did not understand it. Bought both Blu-rays some years back, re-watched and loved it. It's brilliantly done. Uma Therman was great at [ redacted ], too!

same I had seen it before, but this was the first time i really watched it and it's absolutely amazing, each scene just draws you in. It's like reading a book with your eyes. 

1 hour ago, Sylk said:

same I had seen it before, but this was the first time i really watched it and it's absolutely amazing, each scene just draws you in. It's like reading a book with your eyes. 

EXACTLY! Which volume do you prefer?

3 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

the first one just because of Lucy Liu as O-Ren Ishii !! she should honestly get her own spin off movie 

wbu? 

imo best Tarantino movie and top10 best movies of all time oprah13

2 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

impossible to split imo cuz both volumes got iconic moments and they are so complementary that it should be appreciated in its entirety oprah11

28 minutes ago, Sylk said:

the first one just because of Lucy Liu as O-Ren Ishii !! she should honestly get her own spin off movie 

wbu? 

I loved the first one, as well. I wish Tarantino had done more beyond the two films. Fuck. Even expand upon O-Ren's origin in the animation-style from the first film.

2 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

imo best Tarantino movie and top10 best movies of all time oprah13

impossible to split imo cuz both volumes got iconic moments and they are so complementary that it should be appreciated in its entirety oprah11

I don’t know I think of them as very distinct halves. I love that they’re so different. Impossible to choose between them. Vol. 1 is so intense it’s almost traumatizing to watch but Vol. 2 is a MASTERPIECE in subtlety. The training sequences and her being buried are fucking insane. My favorite shot out of both films though is queen Uma and her daughter smiling in the car driving away, enemies fucking VANQUISHED. 

13 minutes ago, Satori said:

I don’t know I think of them as very distinct halves. I love that they’re so different. Impossible to choose between them. Vol. 1 is so intense it’s almost traumatizing to watch but Vol. 2 is a MASTERPIECE in subtlety. The training sequences and her being buried are fucking insane. My favorite shot out of both films though is queen Uma and her daughter smiling in the car driving away, enemies fucking VANQUISHED. 

yeah they are different but it is apparent that they belong to one single movie/project cuz you must watch both of them. Honestly, the O'ren final chapter of vol.1 is hard to top, but vol. 2 got insane parts too like you mentioned. Also iconic in vol. 2 is the fight between Uma and Elle Driver...

Spoiler

giphy.gif damn lol

not to mention that Elle's nurse whispering it is one of my life's soundtracks mess1

78bba1e67b3d6e8281a25a9d78b933a6.gif

54 minutes ago, The One Beyond All said:

yeah they are different but it is apparent that they belong to one single movie/project cuz you must watch both of them. Honestly, the O'ren final chapter of vol.1 is hard to top, but vol. 2 got insane parts too like you mentioned. Also iconic in vol. 2 is the fight between Uma and Elle Driver...

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif damn lol

not to mention that Elle's nurse whispering it is one of my life's soundtracks mess1

78bba1e67b3d6e8281a25a9d78b933a6.gif

Yeah the Elle fight is the most brutal of both films I think. It’s crazy how he made it such a claustrophobic scene as opposed to the O’ren/88 battle sequences that all require these cavernous spaces that the fight migrated around. 

One of my all-time favorite films and an iconic staple in cinematic history. Not only that, but the soundtrack is iconic as well. To this day I consider the usage of Nancy Sinatra's cover of 'Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)' as one of the best ways of intertwining a song into a story. I can't really pick a favorite between the two, since they both contain a handful of iconic moments. I really do hope that Tarantino releases Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair some day on Blu-Ray. Or at least I get the opportunity to see it at some screening near me.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.