Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Taylor Swift | Lover | 7th Studio Album | August 23rd, 2019

Songs lengths are revealed on the iTunes.

Not surprised that most of them take up between 3 and 3 and half minutes. Probably better, because it prevents her to be overindulged in the song ( not that it is bad considering how good Speak Now is jj2 ), but concise presentation is always better. On the other side, it helps with the streaming.

That being said, I am even more pumped up to hear Cornelia Street and Daylight since they are close to that 5 minute mark. 

I've only listened through once but the album has put me in a great mood for the day. Need a few more listens to gauge out best songs etc. but the first impression is good.

I have the most turbulent love-hate relationship with Taylor and am constantly switching my opinion of her. I've been closer to hate lately, but she pulled me back in with the actual album. rip4

I still think a lot of her lyrics are cringeworthy ("In my feelings like Drake," "taking shots at me like I'm Petron," and the entirety of London Boy for example) and her recent pandering is insulting to me, but overall I really like it. Even the more juvenile sounding tracks are still fun at least, and I appreciate that she wasn't lazy with choruses and melodies like most of her peers are now and also actually sticks to a cohesive storytelling theme for her album instead of making it a random collection of songs to be streamed. I can find at least something I like in every song except Me (by the way I screamed when I heard the gap where "spelling is fun" used to be), and I wasn't expecting to feel so warmly towards it. I'm liking it even more on the second listen, so maybe it'll become my fall album this year. My favorites were Cruel Summer, Lover, The Man (this whole stretch of the album is my favorite part), and Soon You'll Get Better. I shouldn't have prematurely judged that she was confused with her identity and lost sight of what originally made her popular this era, because if we know anything whether we love her or hate her, it's that Taylor always has a plan. However, I will say that a lot of the songs sounded like she was doing her version of other artists' signature sounds (Lorde, Lana, Halsey, CRJ, Haim, even Sufjan Stevens) instead of just using her own. It's definitely better than Reputation though.

3.5/5 for me. gaycat1

kinda sad that the booklet is just the lyrics with no extra photos. even the Target versions could have used some more photos. the diaries are EXTREMELY fun and interesting to read, but yeah i was hoping for more photoshoot pics.

Loser is so basic, No song stands out, all sound the same.

Her second worst album to date! I don't care if Scott gets my money or streams until she re-releases her best albums.

She should re-record this awful and bland album.

6803d85e1e3eabdd4980d87645da6c371c62addd

It's Nice To Have A Friend is haunting. I get kind of spooked by it ( which I like ). I wouldn't be able to express myself in the right manner, but there is definitely something inviting about the song. Should have been longer most definitely. 

8 hours ago, DW said:

Loser is so basic, No song stands out, all sound the same.

Her second worst album to date! I don't care if Scott gets my money or streams until she re-releases her best albums.

She should re-record this awful and bland album.

6803d85e1e3eabdd4980d87645da6c371c62addd

Girl... you have to be trolling rip4 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.