Taylor Swift | Lover | 7th Studio Album | August 23rd, 2019

3 hours ago, Lover said:

Girl... you have to be trolling rip4 

Maybe I have to give it more spins but it wasn't great after my first listen. 

really love the album! ❤️💕 top 3 are cruel summer, miss americana & I think he knows. I really like afterglow and the man too!

18 hours ago, DW said:

Maybe I have to give it more spins but it wasn't great after my first listen. 

I wasn't sure how to feel about it either but it grew on me rih1 def like it better than Rep/1989

3 hours ago, Lover said:

I wasn't sure how to feel about it either but it grew on me rih1 def like it better than Rep/1989

Yes, yesterday 5 songs slayed my life. MAATHP, INTHAF, Cornelia Street, Lover & The Archer made me cry. cry5

On 8/24/2019 at 9:45 AM, Ruthless Love said:

Lover was originally an album called Daylight, per Taylor's interview with Elle.

A better title. 

OT: Cruel Allah / Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Slay / False God, a TRINITY

Quite frankly, I am falling for London Boy more and more by day. I appreciate how anthemic and bigger it gets towards that festive and bubbly outro. It makes perfect pair with I Think He Knows, which is perhaps more focused and less bloated than the former, but that's the charm. jj2

Talking about pairs, False God helped Dress's single status to change. Classy, sensual dual session. bey7

On 8/23/2019 at 4:15 PM, DW said:

Loser is so basic, No song stands out, all sound the same.

Her second worst album to date! I don't care if Scott gets my money or streams until she re-releases her best albums.

She should re-record this awful and bland album.

6803d85e1e3eabdd4980d87645da6c371c62addd

i half agree with you. its her 2nd worst album, yes, but its not necessarily bland. idk if id consider it a one-note album either.

Does anyone else think removing the "Spelling is fun!" part (in Me!) and just leaving it an instrumental portion made the song sound... incomplete? Like it ruined the flow of the song. She should've recorded some random adlibs or a laugh or something to fill the awkward silence. 

11 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

why is AFTERGLOW so underrated here giveup3 

It definitely deserves recognition. It is beautifully paced and that chorus is its ultimate highlight and the way she signs it. antm1

1 minute ago, trashbanjo said:

Does anyone else think removing the "Spelling is fun!" part (in Me!) and just leaving it an instrumental portion made the song sound... incomplete? Like it ruined the flow of the song. She should've recorded some random adlibs or a laugh or something to fill the awkward silence. 

Yeah, it is strange a bit, mainly because we have been accostumed to it and for the other part, because it was created the way we originally heard it. 

3 hours ago, Ghostface said:

It definitely deserves recognition. It is beautifully paced and that chorus is its ultimate highlight and the way she signs it. antm1

Yeah, it is strange a bit, mainly because we have been accostumed to it and for the other part, because it was created the way we originally heard it. 

That's true. It does make the song sound less childish. Still, she should've done additional adlibs or something.tay2

Cornelia Street is hitting me right in the feelings. Like really. 

undefined

Managing to be so good in pointing out uncertainty of future when it comes to someone who are you being so much in love with. Whew... Chorus and pulsating melody are amazing.

And the way she is repeating first two lines at the end. antm1

One of her self-written gems for sure.