Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Rebel Bitch

Madame X - FOTP REVIEWS

I won't probably do any review review because English isn't my first language so I don't want to sound funny :P but will give a general opinion about the album and points :P

Ambitious album that blends together many different music styles from all over the world and. It is bizarre, haunting and thought-provoking, but most of all it carries a strong positive message. There are few tracks in which the instrumental is basic and the lyrics are cliche, but when the album hit the spot the result is marvelous. 

Below my track by track review:

1. Medellín: 8/10. An experimental latin raggaeton jam that is a certified grower
  2. Dark Ballet: 7.5/10. Very bizarre sound that shifts abruptly from electronic to classic music, with a powerful spoken word breakdown towards the end
  3. God Control 10/10 .  The best track. I can't pick my fav lyrics cuz the entire song is a lyrical masterpiece. It's the wake up call that humanity desperately needs to hear and it's a banger. The sound is insane and very experimental. The kids chorus is catchy and powerful. Overall, the song is pulled together with great mastery.
  4. Future: 6/10 . Feels like Unapologetic Bitch got a bad plastic surgery. Moreover, the lyrics are very repetitive and the message is cliche. It ruins what could have been a great transition between God Control and Batuka.
  5. Batuka: 9/10 . A spiritual bop influenced by Batukadeiras that feels like musical orgasm.
  6. Killers Who Are Partying: 8.5/10 . Amazing instrumental with very pleasant fado guitar. Great and controversial lyrics that carry a positive message.
  7. Crave: 8.5/10 . A bop with great and catchy lyrics in which Madonna tries new voice techniques. 
  8. Crazy6/10  A heavy mood song with basic lyrics and slightly boring instrumental. 
  9. Come Alive8/10 . The hotter sister of Body Shop. A bop with very enjoyable harmonies.
  10. Extreme Occident: 9.5/10 . This is the type of song that puts a spell on you. Marvelous piano and Indian percussion will take you to a transcending trip
  11. Faz Gostoso: 8.5/10 . The chemistry between Madonna and Anitta is impressive and English and Portuguese are blended together perfectly. Definitely better than the original Faz Gostoso. A perfect bop to let your ass shake wildly.  
  12. Bitch I'm Loca: 7/10 . Enjoyable song that is remarkable for the humor in the lyrics and overall fun vibe.
  13. I Don't Search I Find: 7/10 . Enjoyable instrumental that is throwback to the '90s. The lyrics are quite basic.
  14. Looking for Mercy: 8/10.  A bop with haunting melody and great lyrics.
  15. I Rise: 6/10. Generic instrumental and very trivial message that fails to elevate Emma's inspirational speech in the intro. It may work as a self-empowering anthem for some people, but I don't see the magic in it tbh.
  16. Ciao Bella8/10. A spectacular song influenced by worldwide music. Magic vibes
  17. Back That Up: 6.5/10. Improved from the demo, but still not an highlight. Lowkey a bop tho
  18. Funana: 7.5/10. Dope instrumental, melody and lyrics.

Overall score for Madame X: 8.5/10

Tbh this album is a choice...

Is not tragic but far from a masterpiece. Feels too long. Pet Shop Boys vocoder. Luck of bangers. It is very theatrical and emotional but is something missing... i am not sure what. This is another different album, fresh-ish and well executed. Too repetitive. 

This is my third spin and I feel like this song is a compilation of songs. There is no sign of a whole project I mean does not feel like it...

The artsy is beautiful and Madge sounds good but she sounds like she is a mother of 6 , loving a God and wanting give up on music...

There is no life anything what could make this record special, remarkable or inventive...

Not sure what Madge want to tell us with this material but she sounds like she lost her plot...

one thing I can say this album is not even close to Ray of Light or Bedtime Stories or Confessions on a dance floor...or even American life 

im not saying I am very disappointed but I was hoping for more Medellín songs...a fun where she enjoys her life not this slow sad gypsy style like of music....filled with god and messages ..to whom? 

Literally I like 4 songs .... still haven’t listened to Super Duper bonuses

might change my mind but can’t promise

25 minutes ago, isrobi said:

Tbh this album is a choice...

Is not tragic but far from a masterpiece. Feels too long. Pet Shop Boys vocoder. Lack of bangers.

This is how I feel about it. One of my favorite albums is 22 songs but it kept being interesting throughout. This is just boring and there's barely anything fun.

7 minutes ago, Saint X said:

This is how I feel about it. One of my favorite albums is 22 songs but it kept being interesting throughout. This is just boring and there's barely anything fun.

Just want you to cut you wrists open or hang yourself... it’s a pure mood... not many will get trough this album without having some meltdown tbh 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.