Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Rebel Bitch

Madame X - FOTP REVIEWS

48 minutes ago, isrobi said:

Tbh this album is a choice...

Is not tragic but far from a masterpiece. Feels too long. Pet Shop Boys vocoder. Luck of bangers. It is very theatrical and emotional but is something missing... i am not sure what. This is another different album, fresh-ish and well executed. Too repetitive. 

This is my third spin and I feel like this song is a compilation of songs. There is no sign of a whole project I mean does not feel like it...

The artsy is beautiful and Madge sounds good but she sounds like she is a mother of 6 , loving a God and wanting give up on music...

There is no life anything what could make this record special, remarkable or inventive...

Not sure what Madge want to tell us with this material but she sounds like she lost her plot...

one thing I can say this album is not even close to Ray of Light or Bedtime Stories or Confessions on a dance floor...or even American life 

im not saying I am very disappointed but I was hoping for more Medellín songs...a fun where she enjoys her life not this slow sad gypsy style like of music....filled with god and messages ..to whom? 

Literally I like 4 songs .... still haven’t listened to Super Duper bonuses

might change my mind but can’t promise

I think what makes the album cohesive is the ballsy message. The Daft Punk vocoder on God Control is music orgasm imo and overall it is safe to say that Madame X is in the top10 of best Madonna albums ever. Moreover, if you compare it to American Life, it looks like she finally found her plot again. There are very unique songs that only Madonna could have delivered so well, such as Extreme Occident. The concept of banger is kinda subjective but Faz Gostoso, Medellin, God Control, Crave are not the only ones imo. 

Which are the only 4 songs you enjoy? 

Btw, God is a universal topic that is not confined just to middle age moms....there are many young kids who pray to God too mad11

4 minutes ago, The One Beyond All said:

I think what makes the album cohesive is the ballsy message. The Daft Punk vocoder on God Control is music orgasm imo and overall it is safe to say that Madame X is in the top10 of best Madonna albums ever. Moreover, if you compare it to American Life, it looks like she finally found her plot again. There are very unique songs that only Madonna could have delivered so well, such as Extreme Occident. The concept of banger is kinda subjective but Faz Gostoso, Medellin, God Control, Crave are not the only ones imo. 

Which are the only 4 songs you enjoy? 

Btw, God is a universal topic that is not confined just to middle age moms....there are many young kids who pray to God too mad11

Medellín 

God Control

Bitch I’m Loca

I Don’t Search I Find

Come Alive

Funana is literally Keshas realness this autotune is just 

https://tenor.com/view/britney-spears-coverears-hearnoevil-annoyed-makeitstop-gif-4410479

BTUTTB is cute again Daft Punk production ....with Keshas vocals....

Ciao Bella ari11 is she trying to become some African Queen or something and this unnecessary talking like radio station name during the song.... it feels like 3 songs mixed in one 

This album is a pure masterpiece. Best pop album this year without any doubt. Almost every song is a journey for itself yet the album is extremely cohesive. Extreme Occident, Looking For Mercy and God Control are the album highlights for sure. Really enjoy how Crave fits in the tracklist as some sort of urban refreshment sandwiched between experimental & psychedelic electro-pop songs. Bitch I'm Loca, Crazy are fillers and I don't like Future at all. I Rise has grown on me and it's a perfect mid-tempo ending sequence to this album. Wake up.

4 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

1. Future: 6/10 . Feels like Unapologetic Bitch got a bad plastic surgery. Moreover, the lyrics are very repetitive and the message is cliche. It ruins what could have been a great transition between God Control and Batuka.

fall2fall2 

Copied from someone bf but changed grades aura1  7,66 

1. Medellín: 8/10. An experimental latin raggaeton jam that is a certified grower
  2. Dark Ballet: 6.5/10. Very bizarre sound that shifts abruptly from electronic to classic music, with a powerful spoken word breakdown towards the end
  3. God Control 10/10 .  The best track. I can't pick my fav lyrics cuz the entire song is a lyrical masterpiece. It's the wake up call that humanity desperately needs to hear and it's a banger. The sound is insane and very experimental. The kids chorus is catchy and powerful. Overall, the song is pulled together with great mastery.
  4. Future: 5/10 . Feels like Unapologetic Bitch got a bad plastic surgery. Moreover, the lyrics are very repetitive and the message is cliche. It ruins what could have been a great transition between God Control and Batuka.
  5. Batuka: 9/10 . A spiritual bop influenced by Batukadeiras that feels like musical orgasm.
  6. Killers Who Are Partying: 9/10 . Amazing instrumental with very pleasant fado guitar. Great and controversial lyrics that carry a positive message.
  7. Crave: 7.5/10 . A bop with great and catchy lyrics in which Madonna tries new voice techniques. 
  8. Crazy: 8/10  A heavy mood song with basic lyrics and slightly boring instrumental. 
  9. Come Alive: 10/10 . The hotter sister of Body Shop. A bop with very enjoyable harmonies.
  10. Extreme Occident: 10/10 . This is the type of song that puts a spell on you. Marvelous piano and Indian percussion will take you to a transcending trip
  11. Faz Gostoso: 7/10 . The chemistry between Madonna and Anitta is impressive and English and Portuguese are blended together perfectly. Definitely better than the original Faz Gostoso. A perfect bop to let your ass shake wildly.  
  12. Bitch I'm Loca: 9.5/10 . Enjoyable song that is remarkable for the humor in the lyrics and overall fun vibe.
  13. I Don't Search I Find: 9.5/10 . Enjoyable instrumental that is throwback to the '90s. The lyrics are quite
  14. Looking for Mercy: 8/10.  A bop with haunting melody and great lyrics.
  15. I Rise: 5/10 Generic instrumental and very trivial message that fails to elevate to Emma's inspiration speech in the intro. It may work as a self-empowering anthem for some people, but I don't see the magic in it tbh.
  16. Ciao Bella: 9/10. A spectacular song influenced by worldwide music. Magic vibes
  17. Back That Up: 8.5/10. Improved from the demo. I stan.
  18. Funana: 7.5/10. Dope instrumental, melody and lyrics

Just got home from a crazy day so listening to HQ now but omg it sounds even better than I imagined I didn’t realized how much the vinyl rip had compressed it fall1

I also just got an offer for that dream job I was interviewing for this week this day is just too good to me

undefined

I think most can agree that God Control is clearly the best song on the entire album. The vocoder, the switch from the spoken word/church choir to full on disco number, the lyrics...cry9 It’s my most played next to Bitch I’m Loca 

Medellin 6/10
It's a cute song but it's not lead single material or album opener material. The bridge is the best part. The verses are kinda boring in my opinion and the hook, while catchy, is too bare bones to be a true strong point. 

Dark Ballet 8/10
This one is getting picked on a lot and I get it but I really do like the song. I love how adventurous it is. She aimed to do something really different and I respect that. It's a little too long, though. I love the vocoder portion a lot and I'm not sure why. It reminded me a little of "Nobody's Perfect". 

God Control 10/10
One of the best tracks she's given us in her whole discography in my opinion. It's ballsy, musically adventurous, it's message is on point, she sounds like she's really into the track too. It's production is fantastic and it's all around a really phenomenal song. And the video potential OMG. 

Future 7/10
I really love the production and the lyrics are mostly pretty great, but I don't love her voice on it. She sounds a little too distant in the mix like she's not really present within the music if that makes sense. 

Batuka 7/10
I like the sound of it a lot and I like the Lisbon influences. I'm not really in love with the lyrics though and I don't love her delivery. But at the same time I like the melody. 

Killers Who Are Partying 9/10
I really love the bravery of this track. Her lyrics are hard hitting and her delivery feels passionate and genuine. I really love the production too. The individual elements of the instrumental aren't remarkable but when they're combined, they make for a really interesting soundscape. It's a little too long though and could have been trimmed down a bit.

Crave 5/10
In my opinion the worst song on the album. I really don't like her delivery here. She sounds lazy through the whole track. The lyrics are alright but it's all too repetitive to really get into. Swae Lee wasn't a good fit for the track either. It feels like filler that somehow got her attention. 

Crazy 10/10
Another really big stand out. I adore the production work on this song. It sounds intimate while also sounding expansive. I love her voice on it and the smoothness of her voice. The melody is beautiful and the hook is really, really catchy. This was a pleasant surprise!

Come Alive 8/10
Surprisingly strong song, at least to me. I love the melody, especially in the chorus. This song has a really fun sound and it sounds like she was having a lot of fun while making it. The mood is very celebratory and I love it!

Extreme Occident 9/10
I really love this song and I'm not even sure why. It's my most re-played so far. I love her voice on it, that's for sure. This is one of her most purely great singing moments on the song. I'm also a sucker for piano when it's used well and it's used very well here.

Faz Gostoso 7/10
It's a decent song but nothing really spectacular. It's cool to hear the different language be so prominent but the production is kinda boring and the song overall isn't very memorable. 

Bitch I'm Loca 6/10
It's cute but feels kinda unnecessary. It felt like another excuse to put Maluma on the album. The production is decent but overall the song is kinda boring and it's 3 minutes feels like 5. 

I Don't Search I Find 8/10
I love the throwback sound and her attitude on the track. It sounds like an evolution of Confessions and an updated version of Erotica all at once and I think that's a really cool mashup of sounds. It's not the absolute standout but it's one of the most interesting tracks and one of the most exciting too. 

Looking for Mercy 10/10
Another beautiful Madonna ballad. Her voice is fantastic on the track, I'd say her second best vocal performance. The production work is really cool too. This is a really special song and it feels so big while still feeling contained and intimate. 

I Rise 8/10
I love the production. I think it sounds really current while also having a throwback feel. I also like the way she sings the song. The lyrics are the stunner here and fits the themes of this era so well. It's a beautiful song. 

Overall I really enjoyed the album. I was ready to be disappointed but I wasn't. She came through with her best album in a long, long time!

Reserved. But spoiler: my favorite Madonna album in roughly 20 years. As impeccably produced as Confessions, as effortlessly genre-bending as Music, and as lyrical and thoughtful as both AL and Ray of Light. It feels like the first genuine artistic statement from her in the internet age, in a way that her last three tried and failed to be. It’s probably in my top-5 of her albums; top-10 without a doubt. 

25 minutes ago, Satori said:

Reserved. But spoiler: my favorite Madonna album in roughly 20 years. As impeccably produced as Confessions, as effortlessly genre-bending as Music, and as lyrical and thoughtful as both AL and Ray of Light. 

orly1 

13 hours ago, Agent X said:

orly1 

Lyrically there a plenty of moments here that evoke both of those albums. There’s maybe one song on the whole album that feels like it’s not really about anything and that the words were just sort of fill in the blank. AL and RoL are the other two albums in her catalogue that have the quality I’m pinpointing about Madame X, I think, in that almost every song has a sophisticated message that doesn’t feel forced or obligatory. 

11 hours ago, Satori said:

Lyrically there a plenty of moments here that evoke both of those albums. There’s maybe one song on the whole album that feels like it’s not really about anything and that the words were just sort of fill in the blank. AL and RoL are the other two albums in her catalogue that have the quality I’m pinpointing about Madame X, I think, in that almost every song has a sophisticated message that doesn’t feel forced or obligatory. 

Erotica, LAP and BS have also great lyrics. oprah14 

Madame X doesn't have great lyrics like some other great albums. jj2  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.