Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Did Taylor Swift copy Lily Allen?

So i've just listened to Taylor new song "You Need To Calm Down", which admittedly i love already. However i can't help but notice how similar it sounds to Air Balloon by Lily Allen. The instrumental on both songs are near identical (to my ear), and the chorus on both songs having that progressive high note makes me think it's more than a coincidence. The writing style also reminds me of Lily (prior to her last album).

Now i wouldn't go as far to say Taylor actually just copied the song (despite the click bait thread title), but there's certainly a strong resemblance between the two songs. 

Thoughts?

Sksjsks I regret making this thread already sia4. I'm not saying the songsare the same, but to me there's a string resemblance. tay2

I'm not randomly hating though as i actually like the song. rih14

Let's talk about the song itself though which is utter garbage. Yet another song portraying her huge victim complex. Lyrics and melody are clichee Taylor and the production isn't particularly radio-friendly but also nothing new from her.

This doesn't sound like a hit and I'm cackling because it seems that she is really over this time. ny4 

1 hour ago, AngryAzalean said:

Where my Air Balloon stans at sia2

If Lily hates the song so do I sia2

Air Balloon bops though. 

5 hours ago, FMKK said:

Air Balloon is an MIA rip-off anyway

"All i wanna do is bang bang bang and take your money" bops too. 

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I hear the resemblance but it’s different enough that it didn’t rip it off. They are more like cousins instead of sisters.

Sort of what i was trying to say, but ohh well. brit15

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.